The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Minnesota Wild | Mar. 24, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, hammertime said:

Well I guess we won't know the answer to that. Garland is fearless though if you're only considering his size I suspect he'll make a fool of you like he's done everyone who's under estimated him his whole career.  

I'd like Crouse too but I wouldn't do Garland 1 for 1 especially now with Garland on a great team friendly contract through his prime. 

I suspect Crouse will be signed long term in the $3.5M to $4.5M too... so he might come cheaper.  At worst, he'll cost about the same as Garland.

We won't see for awhile, I don't think Garland or Crouse will see the playoffs until next year at the earliest lol

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, HKSR said:

I suspect Crouse will be signed long term in the $3.5M to $4.5M too... so he might come cheaper.  At worst, he'll cost about the same as Garland.

We won't see for awhile, I don't think Garland or Crouse will see the playoffs until next year at the earliest lol

Lets hope their both on the Canucks and Brock gets us the pick to land Crouse. Fingers crossed. 

Edited by hammertime
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 1

Don't know if it's been mentioned but it's nice that we can keep up with top teams the last two games, but the fact that both outplayed us and that we couldn't beat Detroit and Buffalo at home tells us where we're at. A middle team with lots of promise.

This off-season is huge, can't afford any step back if Horvat and EP is part of our contending window which I certainly hope.

3 minutes ago, mll said:

via HockeyViz.com.  The NHL gives access to the shot coordinates.    

shotLoc-2021021024-VAN-EV.png

shotLoc-2021021024-MIN-EV.png

Pretty clear from your chart that we got killed.  Minny had lots of play in front of our net, and (other than Pods) our guys were kept to the outside.  We are way too easy to play against.

14 minutes ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

Effectively illustrates the perimeter nature of our offense...podkolzin excepted.

The Wild are also really strong defensively and typically keep teams to the outside.  

Edited by mll

13 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Pretty clear from your chart that we got killed.  Minny had lots of play in front of our net, and (other than Pods) our guys were kept to the outside.  We are way too easy to play against.

Still think Demko's the reason we lost?

3 hours ago, HKSR said:

I was going through the list of forwards and Lawson Crouse sticks out.  Not a big time fighter, but he's not afraid to drop em, and has the size (6'4") to hang in there.  He'd cost futures though, so not sure how we would be able to get him.

EDIT:  Actually, trading Garland for futures, and flipping them to Arizona for Crouse would be ideal.  If we could get a 1st and a prospect for Garland, I'd flip a 1st plus some more to land Crouse.

Not sure Crouse would cost that much, but I'd like to look at adding him too. He doesn't need to be Rocky, we need players that can hit and create space for our snipers.

Adding Crouse and Paul would be great, and like be possible if we clear out Pearson, Dickie and Poolman.

3 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Great to see! 

I think his dads health has declined quite a bit since we saw him last though. :(

So for everyone criticizing Boeser (myself included), remember that he might have other things going on in his life that’s affecting him.

• Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 2

2 minutes ago, JM_ said:

Not sure Crouse would cost that much, but I'd like to look at adding him too. He doesn't need to be Rocky, we need players that can hit and create space for our snipers.

Adding Crouse and Paul would be great, and like be possible if we clear out Pearson, Dickie and Poolman.

Friedman says that Arizona's preference is to keep Crouse.  They've been asking the moon for Chychrun so would guess it's the same for Crouse.