The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at St. Louis Blues | Mar. 28, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, J-23 said:

You build around Pettersson and Hughes.

However they do it. It’s those 2. We can trade or keep other players depending on other deals/signings we do. Personally I think we resign Miller but I totally understand people who view it differently. Just hope management  makes the right moves. I do not feel they deserve any credit until we see what unfolds. Could be Benning here still I don’t care. What moves they make are what matters and frankly I’m a little underwhelmed from the deadline.  

Just now, VancouverHabitant said:

Everyone calm down, we just lost one game.  

Let's win the next one at home. 

Isn’t it typical though. The same people come out after a loss. Never a win haha. You take the wins in Denver, Texas and run. Boy we gotta win a bunch here though 

• Cheers 2

If we could somehow draft a player who plays like O'Reily, that would be a huge win for the org. Guy is a tenacious puck hound, who plays hard and clean. No cheap stuff, just an honest and extremely effective game. The fact that Petey, Hughes and I think Horvat couldn't strip him of the puck on our PP in the thrid period, in our zone, 3 on 1 was impressive play by him and lackluster from us.

• Cheers 1

As others have mentioned Lockwood looked good tonight. Really excited about him, good skater, hits and battles hard for the puck. Hopefully will be a good addition to the bottom 6 going forward as he gets better. 

Gotta try someone different for Petan, unfortunately isn't doing much so far. 

I think they'll try to make a couple trades/changes in the offseason and take a run at playoffs next year again. If they plan to extend Miller as rumors are saying, then you should move Boeser or Garland+ for a young top 4 RHD if possible (maybe look to move out Poolman also to clear a little cap). 

As Boudreau said the team was flat. Not a good game. 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, KirkSave said:

If we could somehow draft a player who plays like O'Reily, that would be a huge win for the org. Guy is a tenacious puck hound, who plays hard and clean. No cheap stuff, just an honest and extremely effective game. The fact that Petey, Hughes and I think Horvat couldn't strip him of the puck on our PP in the thrid period, in our zone, 3 on 1 was impressive play by him and lackluster from us.

That's what Podkolzin is supposed to be. 

6 minutes ago, KirkSave said:

One of my fave players ever.  These are the type of players that you win with.  We need to throw away our one dimensional soft players and start aquiring complete players.   

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1