The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Wednesday March 30/22 St Louis Blues (36-20-9) @ Vancouver Canucks (32-27-9) Rogers Arena 7:00 SPNTV & 650AM

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

26 minutes ago, JamesB said:

I had been thinking about commenting on the bottom six forwards. That group does look very weak these days.

The 4th line is Petan, Richardson, and Lockwood. They are basically all replacement level players at this stage. I want to like Petan but he is really not an NHL-level player. Richardson has been a solid player in his long career but, he was a waiver wire pickup and, at age 37, is marginal. Lockwood might make the team next year but, if he does, it will be just barely. He might still have some upside and he has actually been a pleasant surprise since being called up. As 4th lines go, that one is weak,

And the 3rd line has Chiasson, signed from a PTO. In my view he is not much more than a replacement level player. Lammikko was thought to be a replacement level player but has done well this season as a 4th line center. But if he is your 3rd line center then you do not have much depth at that position, Podkolzin is a good young player who is already a legitimate 3rd liner on the other wing.

Still, that is a thin bottom 6. Not much scoring,  not a lot of speed (although Lammikko and Lockwood are quite fast), not great defense, and not particularly high energy.

The Canucks have been fairly fortunate with injuries this season but now, with Hoglander, Dikinson,  and Highmore injured and Motte traded, the bottom 6 is struggling. 

I think Boudreau is doing well to get the team playing as well as it is under the circumstances. 

It would be great to see a nice win to tonight. 

Agreed. If only we had some good trade chips to fix this situation. -_-

1 minute ago, Heretic said:

Anything less than a win would suck.

Go Canucks GO!

Fun to cheer for a winner for sure.  Don't see it happening tonight though.  We have fallen back in the playoff race by quite a lot.  The guys in the room see that and won't have the same focus.  

28 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

Just being worse than San Jose is enough. We can only move up by 10 spots should we win the lottery and being 11 is enough for us to take #1 pick should we win the lottery. 

I confess I didn't really follow the rule change. Is it 10 from anywhere, like could we move from 12 to 2? I'd be pretty happy with any top 10 pick. Ecstatic with top 5.

Let's face it though. Winning the lottery is a pipe dream.

Edited by Gawdzukes

4 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

I confess I didn't really follow the rule change. Is it 10 from anywhere, like could we move from 12 to 2? I'd be pretty happy with any top 10 pick. Ecstatic with top 5.

Yeah 10 from anywhere outside of the playoffs. So mighty important to finish bottom 11 if we are out of it. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

20 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Fun to cheer for a winner for sure.  Don't see it happening tonight though.  We have fallen back in the playoff race by quite a lot.  The guys in the room see that and won't have the same focus.  

boys don't keep eyes on the playoff race! there paid to play hockey! 

• Haha 2

Just now, DeNiro said:

Seriously?

You’re talking about lottery odds in a game day thread?

Isn’t there an offseason thread or a draft thread you can do that in? Some of us still believe this team can make the playoffs.

lol sorry sure. I was just conversing/responding to another poster. I apologize for my thoughts. I'll take off. Have at er!

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Harold Drunken said:

Maybe we'll get to see Dickinson accept a beautiful pass with a clean lane to the net only to bobble the puck, lose control then lose the puck battle behind the net to get it back?! 

OK, he's not a finisher but he is a role player and we need guys like him who can hustle and retrieve pucks for the more skilled guys.

But I'm actually more concerned about your Location comment.  It's objectively true that "you're" and "your" are different words even though they sound alike.  People might just need a lecture from time to time but it's best done with due care to spelling and grammar.

GCG!

1 hour ago, aznmonk said:

under green the boys had constant vacations, its time to go on a tear and win all 20 games remaining.... ;-)

too bad they only have 14 games left. maybe the league will let us play a few extra to catch up?...

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, nux_win said:

OK, he's not a finisher but he is a role player and we need guys like him who can hustle and retrieve pucks for the more skilled guys.

But I'm actually more concerned about your Location comment.  It's objectively true that "you're" and "your" are different words even though they sound alike.  People might just need a lecture from time to time but it's best done with due care to spelling and grammar.

GCG!

Well, a grammatical error on a forum about a hockey team isn't really something that you should be too concerned about with the current state of affairs. Keep it up, you're doing god's work!

• Like 2