The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] St. Louis Blues at Vancouver Canucks | Mar. 30, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

22 minutes ago, luongianone said:

It's very possible that Aqua could have stepped in and said no to trading Miller

JR is running the show, the owners are no longer telling management what to do. That was a condition with JR being hired. He has full autonomy to turn this team into a contender. It's just going to take some time, a lot of time, to unravel Benning's mess. 

• Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

The problem starts with Pettersson making a low percentage risky play though.

My point is there was no need to even risk any sort of odd man situation like that. That’s easily avoidable if he doesn’t go flying in and cough up the puck.

If our powerplay set up is so bad that we need to take chances like that to gain the zone, we might as well just keep dumping the puck in and kill two minutes.

If the powerplay isn’t gonna be a difference maker for us, it definitely can’t be something that’s costing us goals against.

Yup, that's where it turned

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Canucks Curse said:

Tristan luneau will be free near where we pick thoughts?

big frame physical, above average skater, above average passer, very good defensively, also the more dynamic but lift side d and smaller Denton Matehcuyk will also likely be there when we pick...

No to dmen in round 1 unless it's a sure thing

• Cheers 1

37 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

How many tries did it take to get that result? Lol 

lol, only like 7 ... I tried last night when I was showing it to my pa and I didn't get it even after about 40 tries and gave up. I think I was due but at 1.8% the odds are not in our favor. :frantic: I think the math would dictate a team should win every 50 years or so with those odds. I was going to figure it out but I might just burn one down instead.

2 hours ago, Goal:thecup said:

15 Pages of Trade Proposals.

The PGT has been hijacked.

We are still in it.

We are in it until we aren't.

Take all your 'great' trade and rebuild ideas to a proposals thread.

GO CANUCKS GO!

I’m still cheering but yes there will be 13 more Game Day Trade proposals threads 

Just now, ShawnAntoski said:

GameDay roster are on the coaching staff, not the GM

Not necessarily.

Boudreau revealed that it wasn't his decision to scratch Hunt in the last game he coached in Minnesota or to demote Zucker to the 4th line - Guerin must have intervened.  Before him, Fenton insisted that he play some players a certain number of minutes.  

12 hours ago, Petey Castiglione said:

Losing Bo was the back breaker.  The boys made it interesting but at this point the injury game has caught up to our poor start.  Time to look forward to off/next season and sunshine. Excited to see what this new management group can put together.  Hope that everyone doesn't take this to heavily, it's only a game afterall.  Today was beautiful out, enjoy the outdoors.  Cheers CDC!

I love your glass full attitude Petey. All about those silver linings. It’s a beautiful time of year outside.

4D1FAA6E-2B1F-4271-BB0B-ED6503BCA534.jpeg

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mll said:

Not necessarily.

Boudreau revealed that it wasn't his decision to scratch Hunt in the last game he coached in Minnesota or to demote Zucker to the 4th line - Guerin must have intervened.  Before him, Fenton insisted that he play some players a certain number of minutes.  

Seems to be very different, with every team, based on the GM and coach relationship. It is just what, I had noticed with the last group, whereas, with Boudreau he just seems to be focus on coaching what he is given vs with Green.

Edited by ShawnAntoski

1 hour ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Good luck trying to build a team with Pettersson getting 7 million, Hughes 7 million, boeser 6 million, Horvat 6-7 million, OEL 7 million and Myers 6 million. It’s proven it isn’t good enough and it hasn’t given us fans anything to cheer about yet some people just want to sign and keep everyone. He’s the best player with value that can get a good return. Those other players can’t. Other teams don’t see the value in them.

Take 80% of the league and you can go through their lineup and say similar things about the players on their teams as well.    6.25 is what Booth and Ballard were like back in 2011.    Cap has gone up.    

6 hours ago, Alflives said:

It’s clear we need BIG CHANGES.  Will our owner allow that though?  JR arrived saying we need to makes changes (step back) so we can be a consistent playoff team, and not the capped out lottery team we are now.  Then we get the Budreau Bump, and the message changes to we might be better than first thought.  Next, Miller is taken off the market and it’s announced we are going to re-sign him to a contract as our number one centre.  We are not sellers at the TDL because management now believes group deserves to battle down the stretch for a playoff spot.   

Why the change of original plan?  Was it our owner, again, getting involved with philosophy of team direction?  

This team needs to rebuild.  But our owner will not ever allow that to happen.  It’s going to be a repeat of our last 8 years.  

Something tells me you're on to something here..........!    I suspect you're right!

11 minutes ago, stawns said:

Would you take timo Meier over Miller?

I sure would.  Only 25yrs + has 2yrs x 6m until he reaches RFA (Miller like $). Then repeat the JT 

trade scenario; sign or trade dilemma.

Meier's being a RW fills a well-worn spot on the Canucks, which means they would need to move

Boeser or Garland.  Pete would have take over his 1C duties completely and the LW side is would

require an upgrade, which could be done in a Boeser trade (+Zacha)

Zacha    Pete   Meier

Pears   Bo   Garland

*Not bad; definitely get the similar or more points from 1st line.  Zacha has been a C, so he

could step at times, if needed.