The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elon Musk Officially Purchases Twitter, Takes Company Private

11 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

:lol:

I suppose this is funny if you're one of those people who dislike the CBC (or like Elon) but it just seems so counterproductive to actively troll your customers....:unsure: CBC, PBS, NPR....is this just an expensive way to "own the libs"?

I know some of you still think the guy is some kind of tech genius, but from the outside looking in, he looks like a petulant child. If this is a genius marketing strategy, it's unlike any I've seen before....it looks more like he spent 44 billion dollars, just so he could stir up sh!t, while simultaneously devaluing his investment by half....:huh:

But it sure is funny how the world's smartest guy keeps trolling the left, amirite?

Episode 16 Laughing GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I suppose this is funny if you're one of those people who dislike the CBC (or like Elon) but it just seems so counterproductive to actively troll your customers....:unsure: CBC, PBS, NPR....is this just an expensive way to "own the libs"?

I know some of you still think the guy is some kind of tech genius, but from the outside looking in, he looks like a petulant child. If this is a genius marketing strategy, it's unlike any I've seen before....it looks more like he spent 44 billion dollars, just so he could stir up sh!t, while simultaneously devaluing his investment by half....:huh:

But it sure is funny how the world's smartest guy keeps trolling the left, amirite?

Episode 16 Laughing GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Looks like he watched Tomorrow Never Dies and decided to emulate Elliot Carver.

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Looks like he watched Tomorrow Never Dies and decided to emulate Elliot Carver.

Had to look that up. (haven't watched Bond since the Sean Connery days) Big fan of Jonathan Pryce though....

The big difference I see is that Carver had a goal in mind. If Elon is working towards something here, it certainly isn't obvious to me....

Edited by RUPERTKBD

Musk Last Week:  We need to be careful with AI.  It's getting too powerful.

Musk Today:  I will create my own chat gpt AI to combat the liberal bias in Chat gpt AI

You...literally can not make up how stupid this sounds.

https://apnews.com/article/elon-musk-tucker-carlson-ai-twitter-chatgpt-24119e28f10e495cf45494318d509096

Billionaire Twitter owner Elon Musk is again sounding warning bells on the dangers of artificial intelligence to humanity — and claiming that a popular chatbot has a liberal bias that he plans to counter with his own AI creation.

Musk told Fox News host Tucker Carlson in a segment aired Monday night that he plans to create an alternative to the popular AI chatbot ChatGPT that he is calling “TruthGPT,” which will be a “maximum truth-seeking AI that tries to understand the nature of the universe.”

The idea, Musk said, is that an AI that wants to understand humanity is less likely to destroy it.

Musk also said he’s worried that ChatGPT “is being trained to be politically correct.”

i would just like to point out a couple years ago, it would have been extremely weird to see Elon Musk become a hero to the alt-right in America.

Meanwhile, he's gone from "hero" to "zero" with the American Left, which ironically, makes up the majority of his customer base.....His supporters seem to believe that there's no problem with that, even though many of those same people think Budweiser's brass badly damaged their brand by using a trans model to promote Bud Light....

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

Musk Today:  I will create my own chat gpt AI to combat the liberal bias in Chat gpt AI

https://apnews.com/article/elon-musk-tucker-carlson-ai-twitter-chatgpt-24119e28f10e495cf45494318d509096

Billionaire Twitter owner Elon Musk is again sounding warning bells on the dangers of artificial intelligence to humanity — and claiming that a popular chatbot has a liberal bias that he plans to counter with his own AI creation.

Musk told Fox News host Tucker Carlson in a segment aired Monday night that he plans to create an alternative to the popular AI chatbot ChatGPT that he is calling “TruthGPT,” which will be a “maximum truth-seeking AI that tries to understand the nature of the universe.”

The idea, Musk said, is that an AI that wants to understand humanity is less likely to destroy it.

Musk also said he’s worried that ChatGPT “is being trained to be politically correct.”

TruthGPT....:rolleyes:

You know you've lost the plot when you're stealing ideas from Donald Trump...:picard:

• There it is 1

On 4/18/2023 at 1:42 PM, Warhippy said:

I imagine this is how things went off the rails at SkyNET. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

On 4/18/2023 at 1:42 PM, Warhippy said:

This guy needs to shut his mouth or Tesla will be worth nothing soon. 

• Cheers 1

On 4/14/2023 at 8:14 AM, Mossberg said:

First off the 3% drop you're laughing at has equaled out to over 5 billion dollars lost this week. And the 90 % of people I talk to in the real world be it friends, customers, aquaintises think companies should shut up and lay off the virtue signaling. Every time the topic of Canucks and special nights come up they just roll their eyes and shake their heads.

Aged like milk, Inbev stock up over 4% in the last 5 days and over 6.5% in the last month, but do go on about the 90% of real world friends, customers, aquaintises?

Could contain: Animal, Bear, Mammal, Wildlife, Monkey, Baby, Person, Cartoon, Face, Head
Edited by Playoff Beered
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

On 4/18/2023 at 8:05 AM, RUPERTKBD said:

Had to look that up. (haven't watched Bond since the Sean Connery days) Big fan of Jonathan Pryce though....

The big difference I see is that Carver had a goal in mind. If Elon is working towards something here, it certainly isn't obvious to me....

See Moonraker.

Although, seeing how Starship blew up, and they are calling it a success it's worriesome his SpaceX employees are almost cult like.

Edited by Ghostsof1915
  • Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

See Moonraker.

Although, seeing how Starship blew up, and they are calling is a success it's worriesome his SpaceX employees are almost cult like.

Yeah, I saw that. They say they "learned a lot" from that mission.....good to know, I suppose....:unsure:

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Yeah, I saw that. They say they "learned a lot" from that mission.....good to know, I suppose....:unsure:

These efforts are not ever going to be error free. Look at the Apollo program. SpaceX successes to date have been impressive. The payload of Starships will dwarf anything being done today. 

18 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

These efforts are not ever going to be error free. Look at the Apollo program. SpaceX successes to date have been impressive. The payload of Starships will dwarf anything being done today. 

Yeah, it's a big ship by all accounts. The article I saw this morning said that the fuel has to be launched separately (and several times)....

Must be nice to have the kind of money that allows you to lose something that expensive, just to see what you have to fix next time. Kind of like taking the "crash test" to the nth degree....

Just now, Sharpshooter said:

Musks’ spin is classic burgeoning evil character kinda stuff.  

Yeah, I actually made a half joking reference to him quickly becoming a "super villain" a while back.....it wasn't popular with the "Elon is a genius" crowd....

1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Yeah, it's a big ship by all accounts. The article I saw this morning said that the fuel has to be launched separately (and several times)....

Must be nice to have the kind of money that allows you to lose something that expensive, just to see what you have to fix next time. Kind of like taking the "crash test" to the nth degree....

He doesn’t have ‘that kinda money’. He’s getting subsidized by the government as a contractor. The company has received billions.

Just now, RUPERTKBD said:

Yeah, I actually made a half joking reference to him quickly becoming a "super villain" a while back.....it wasn't popular with the "Elon is a genius" crowd....

He’s certainly behaving like a cartoonish supervillain. 

As he gets older, his ‘Conservative’ side will only get stronger in other insidious ways. 

5 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

He doesn’t have ‘that kinda money’. He’s getting subsidized by the government as a contractor. The company has received billions.

I'm not sure that where the money comes from makes much difference....the fact is, he's the one who gets to spend it....

• Cheers 1