The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Arizona Coyotes | Apr. 07, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

46 minutes ago, JM_ said:

agreed on Bo and Miller - if we could lock them both up long term for <15 mil for both I'd be all in.

Don't agree on Garland tho, I'd like to see him moved. Maybe we can use him to move up in the draft.... Garland and our 1st (15-17) for PHI 1st (5th oa)?

I suggested we could try move Garland. 

I just see some hustle from him most times, maybe that is what you don't agree with?

Brock however can be invisible and one dimensional, even though he has a higher skill set and ceiling than Garland.

It would depend on what we could get for either, obviously. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

18 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I'm with SK. Pearson isn't a guy I'm itching to get rid of and I don't think we're big players in free agency anyway. Bottom 6 C's and depth D (if we can move either/both of Poolman/Myers). We won't be big game hunting this summer.

its not about big game hunting its about better use of the $. If we could use Pearsons cap for Nick Paul, I'd call that a good move. 

1 minute ago, bishopshodan said:

I suggested we could try move Garland. 

I just see some hustle from him most times, maybe that is what you don't agree with?

Brock however can be invisible and one dimensional, even though he has a higher skill set and ceiling than Garland.

It would depend on what we could get for either, obviously. 

he's too 'lil. Lots of guys can hustle, this team needs to bulk up. 

49 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Woke? Really?

Long before that was a word, we had Seafest, Sandcastle Competitions, Regatta. It was drunken morons that cancelled those. If there's a reason Vancouver is no fun, it's because we can't behave ourselves. We can't even lose a Stanley Cup without some morons smashing windows and causing damage. 

So tired of catch phrases.

Is being woke really that bad?

Anyway. Vancouver is wonderful, and awful. Depends on where you live, your circle of friends, what your job is, what your hobbies are...you know, life.

My 20+ years living in the DT core was F'in great.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 3

53 minutes ago, JM_ said:

If JR/PA could manage to move all of Pearson, Dickie, Poolman, and move one of Garland or Boeser for a d upgrade that sets us up nicely for going after some UFA upgrades. 

Poolman would be the hardest to move, not sure how that happens or to who, it might not be possible.

I doubt anyone wants his migraines, which is too bad because he was playing quite well for a stretch. I was on the move Pearson train, but, he's actually playing good solid minutes, and one of the best +- forwards in this group. I think they've found a fourth line guy in Lockwood, who will compliment JL, and MH next season. It's still that third line center this team needs so badly, and it's not Dickinson. From what I've seen of Podz., he's going to be a beast in the coming years. Last night alone, he was a force on Horvat's line. Lets just stop with the trade the Captain talk too. 18/18 on the dot, 2 goals, PK, PP, and he's a leader. People also want Hunt, Myers, OEL, and everyone else without realizing, if they aren't moveable, who is going to take them? The bottom of my rant isn't directed at you at all, it's the constant bitchers and moaners on this board, that think they know more than hockey people.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

17 hours ago, BigTramFan said:

Our focus has to be on winning all 10 remaining games and our schedule is tougher than the Stars' - we only have 3 games of 10 against teams that are below us in the standings, DAL has 7 games of 12 against teams below them.

Our focus does have to be on winning all  10 games but we have every opportunity to take out the stars. They don’t play a lot of gimme games. We just have to keep on winning. 

6 hours ago, CaptKirk888 said:

Comments re J.T., that’s  just rubbish. He scored in Vegas, has gone 1g-4a-5 in the past 4 games and you call him out for one bad pass. He brings more good to this team than bad IMO.

Yes, he's racking up points, a lot of those assists are secondary assists (although I admit the tip pass on the Petey goal was nice), but he's not driving the play the way he used to during his hot scoring streak. At least someone is now though (Petey).

I'm more annoyed but his terrible defensive decisions - he makes risky plays all game long. Not 1 bad pass - 2 bad passes which lead to A grade scoring chances. Against a good playoff team that's usually 2 goals against. 

It's a problem a lot of players had under Green, especially Petey and Hughes (eg. Trying to dangle guys at the offensive blueline which lead to breakaways time and time again) and for some reason Miller hasn't shaken this bad habit. I think it's just something we'll have to live with - he makes risky plays - and it's not just me who noticed it.

Bruce didn't start him the other game in OT because of it (then he still goes out, makes a dumb play and Bruce calls him out for it rightly so). Bruce then goes to try and patch up his poor defence by putting our best defensive forward, Pearson, on his line, and it works instantly (until he gets injured, then up goes another defensive forward in Chiasson).

It's lucky we've got a good coach who identifies his players' weaknesses, not just me, he knows Miller is a good scorer but a risky one so he puts two good defensive players (Petey and Pearson) on his line to stabilise him.

2 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Woke? Really?

Long before that was a word, we had Seafest, Sandcastle Competitions, Regatta. It was drunken morons that cancelled those. If there's a reason Vancouver is no fun, it's because we can't behave ourselves. We can't even lose a Stanley Cup without some morons smashing windows and causing damage. 

You said exactly what I meant about it being a no fun place now. Too many people ruined all the good events we had through the lower mainland and now I feel that no matter what sport or event happens there is just a lackadaisical attitude. 
I give Canucks fans credit for filling the stands and supporting ownership with all the merch sales, game in game out even though they lose so much. How many other arenas would withstand that for so many years. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Timråfan said:

Define woke and I mean define it in detail, not just saying woke uhhh

How the city has taken to protesting everything.

How they take every thing they read on social media to new levels of social injustice.

The nimby-ism.
The give everyone a ribbon mentality. 
All these attitudes eventually trickle around and make people nonchalant. 
Even though ruined by drunks and losers, all the good things that happened here in years past made the crowd more gung-ho, which in turn spiked team players with that rah rah attitude. 
You may not catch my drift, but that’s how I feel. 

1 hour ago, bishopshodan said:

So tired of catch phrases.

Is being woke really that bad?

Anyway. Vancouver is wonderful, and awful. Depends on where you live, your circle of friends, what your job is, what your hobbies are...you know, life.

My 20+ years living in the DT core was F'in great.

It’s the new “snowflake” “sheeple” or “libtard”.

Just an unintelligent word used to try to provoke people and express anger towards a changing society.

There will be many words to replace it in the future for older people who can’t cope with change.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, DJB said:

How the city has taken to protesting everything.

How they take every thing they read on social media to new levels of social injustice.

The nimby-ism.
The give everyone a ribbon mentality. 
All these attitudes eventually trickle around and make people nonchalant. 
Even though ruined by drunks and losers, all the good things that happened here in years past made the crowd more gung-ho, which in turn spiked team players with that rah rah attitude. 
You may not catch my drift, but that’s how I feel. 

So it’s not more of a reaction to a reaction to a reaction etc?

It takes some intelligence to take a step back and realise it’s not woke or whatever.

1 hour ago, johngould21 said:

I doubt anyone wants his migraines, which is too bad because he was playing quite well for a stretch. I was on the move Pearson train, but, he's actually playing good solid minutes, and one of the best +- forwards in this group. I think they've found a fourth line guy in Lockwood, who will compliment JL, and MH next season. It's still that third line center this team needs so badly, and it's not Dickinson. From what I've seen of Podz., he's going to be a beast in the coming years. Last night alone, he was a force on Horvat's line. Lets just stop with the trade the Captain talk too. 18/18 on the dot, 2 goals, PK, PP, and he's a leader. People also want Hunt, Myers, OEL, and everyone else without realizing, if they aren't moveable, who is going to take them? The bottom of my rant isn't directed at you at all, it's the constant bitchers and moaners on this board, that think they know more than hockey people.

I like OEL, he's the kind of solid vet you want in the playoffs. Myers is interesting, you could move him but then we have to go out and get Manson or Klingberg if we don;'t want to step back. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Muttley said:

Conor Garland has just recently, made this his best season as an NHL player. Not surprising considering where he played previously.  However, I too would move this player, preferably for a decent jump up in the draft. When he gave his very first chat when he was acquired by JB, he let the cat out of the bag about his real height. 5.8.

When he's on he's great but as of late, he's slumping and very frustrated.  He makes a fair coin. I think about 1-1.2 too much. It's a tough call though.  He's offering

up more to the team then Boeser these days. Not impossible they're both moved. 

its certainly possible. This will be one of the more interesting off seasons in a while. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, JM_ said:

I can see them offering Bo something in the 6 to 6.5 range over 6 or 7 years. 

I think it would be closer to 7 annual average to keep Bo given his scoring, faceoff percentage, versatility, etc. I just don’t think under 7 gets it done (but that would be great if it did).

I’d sooner pay Bo 7 mill rather than pay Brock 7 (any day).

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, sockeye said:

I think it would be closer to 7 annual average to keep Bo given his scoring, faceoff percentage, versatility, etc. I just don’t think under 7 gets it done (but that would be great if it did).

I’d sooner pay Bo 7 mill rather than pay Brock 7 (any day).

Bo's consistency has been remarkable. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JM_ said:

I like OEL, he's the kind of solid vet you want in the playoffs. Myers is interesting, you could move him but then we have to go out and get Manson or Klingberg if we don;'t want to step back. 

Wonder what Huggy wold be worth to NJ? 

(just for speculations sake) 

4 hours ago, JM_ said:

its not about big game hunting its about better use of the $. If we could use Pearsons cap for Nick Paul, I'd call that a good move. 

We should be able to afford Paul without moving Pearson. They'd probably make 2/3 of a good 3rd line actually :lol:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, JM_ said:

Trade for Marino, and Lundqvist add cheaper Lyubushkin. 

Stop trying to spend all of our cap space on old, expensive UFA's :P

Edited by aGENT