The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Arizona Coyotes | Apr. 07, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

7 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Just throwing this out there, hoping to create a storm…

His present season is over,

out of playoffs..

1 year left on a contract that could potentially be bought out for peanuts,  given the value of the Ruble. ( mutual contract termination in KHL is allowed) Russia is going to be a poor country for a long time..

Can someone slide this memo under Alivin’s door please.. 6’ 8.  250

44BF6366-693B-4A66-A9E7-5FF00335CC90.jpeg.13436c9fb08002e2c13e1f74baaef2ea.jpeg

Tryamkin made his decision.

• Thanks 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

From here on out, we can only afford to lose at most 2 games, preferably one after 60 minutes.

8-1-1 and we should see the playoffs assuming everyone around us has some sort of minor to major slump.

When we scored on that 2 on 0 it reminded me of when Green coached the team. Our bad changes and giving up so many odd man rushes. 

Burroughs on that breakaway, he used to play forward and looked pretty shifty. 

Dermot looking good, not flashy but effective. That body slide to block a pass was nice. 

Lockwood looking good, loved his hit on Ritchie very effective physical play. 

Great call on the goal challenge. 

OEL looking great manning the PP. I'm a believer that we can showcase him for a trade. Trade him for a physical 4-6M RHD. 

If the opportunity is there to talk to Diamond we should get them to terminate his last year and bring him over. While we have his rights. 

ps. Maybe we should break out some GO CAPITALS GO CHANTS and trick the team that it's a road game. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

Tryamkin made his decision.

You’ve obviously been condemned for life from something lol.

Every one plays contract to contract..

it’s a different decision every time .

My work is contractual,  year to year..

sometimes with people I’ve worked with before, sometime new people.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

Not true. We play Ari SJ Ott and Seattle.  That's 4 teams below us.

Then we play Dal Vegas and LA. All teams we are chasing.

So our schedule leads to being in the hunt if we beat the 4 teams below us and can beat the 3 teams we are chasing.

Yes you're right, 4 out of 10 games against teams below us. My point still stands that our schedule is tougher than the teams we are trying to overtake, and they all have a lead on us. Pretty much need to win all 10 to have a decent shot at the playoffs.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Odd. said:

From here on out, we can only afford to lose at most 2 games, preferably one after 60 minutes.

8-1-1 and we should see the playoffs assuming everyone around us has some sort of minor to major slump.

lol minor to major?? even if they finish 10-0 to end the season.. they would still need a miracle to make the playoffs.. literally all the teams above us can play 1 game below .500 and still make the playoffs in their remaining games as we hold 0 tie breakers on every single team and would have to outright beat them in points.. the canucks would literally need to win every game to have a chance of sniffing at the playoffs assuming every other team plays .500 or below hockey..

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Odd. said:

Just enjoy the games. Don't stress yourself about it.

Watching the games has become way more relaxing and fun since I just let the playoff off of my mind.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Beary Sweet said:

Clutch win. Our playoff hopes stay alive for another night. Petey and Chia showed chemistry tonight with Chia notching a pair and a assist while Petey has a 3 pt night as well with a goal and 2 apples. Bo gets a 3 pt night too with 2 goals and a assist. The always electric Podz notched 2 apples. I’m pretty thrilled to see my first Canucks game with my dad this weekend vs the Sharks. Let’s go and keep the win streak going! GCG!

I'm sure I speak for many when saying first games with Dad are memories we all cherish.

With the kings losing were 8 back with a game in hand, team is riddled with injuries and at some point they will come back down to earth, hopefully today is that day.

But man that putrid home stand probably ends up being the difference. 

If we do  somehow manage to catch the kings or stars we would face either the Oilers or avs and either series would be awesome.

6 minutes ago, BigTramFan said:

Yes you're right, 4 out of 10 games against teams below us. My point still stands that our schedule is tougher than the teams we are trying to overtake, and they all have a lead on us. Pretty much need to win all 10 to have a decent shot at the playoffs.

If Van wins 8 of 10 including beating Vegas and LA then this needs to happen:

LA goes 4 and 4 in their other remaining games (other than the one with us)

Vegas goes 5 and 4 in their remaining games (other than the one with us)

If that happens we finish with 94 pts LA 94 pts and Vegas 92 pts,  We win the tiebreaker with LA with more regulation wins and we finish 3rd in the division.  We play Edm in the first round.

• Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

When we scored on that 2 on 0 it reminded me of when Green coached the team. Our bad changes and giving up so many odd man rushes. 

Burroughs on that breakaway, he used to play forward and looked pretty shifty. 

Dermot looking good, not flashy but effective. That body slide to block a pass was nice. 

Lockwood looking good, loved his hit on Ritchie very effective physical play. 

Great call on the goal challenge. 

OEL looking great manning the PP. I'm a believer that we can showcase him for a trade. Trade him for a physical 4-6M RHD. 

If the opportunity is there to talk to Diamond we should get them to terminate his last year and bring him over. While we have his rights. 

ps. Maybe we should break out some GO CAPITALS GO CHANTS and trick the team that it's a road game. 

Dermott is looking great. He can skate well and can cover for Myers a lot better than OEL.

Dermott-Myers pairing frees up OEL to play with more defensive minded Schenn, allowing OEL to foray into the offensive zone.

Hughes-RD (find a long term partner)

OEL-Schenn

Dermott-Myers

I'm happy if we go with the above defence next season -- a season that we might be retooling anyways. I don't think we can trade OEL, might as well make the best use of his talent, which is on the offensive side of the game.

Lockwood clearly has NHL speed, acceleration, and IQ. He is not afraid to use his body, which makes him perfect replacement for Motte on the 4th line. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Canucks now have the same number of road wins (20) as division leaders Carolina and Florida, only 2 back of Colorado. That's insane. We've looked like one of the best teams in the league on the road.

Meanwhile at home only .500 which is a disgrace

I hope the fans show up wearing Sharks jersey on Saturday to mimic the Shark tank.

At least the top guys are getting hot when you need them the most. 

Getting on a win/pt streak in the last 10 games is possible. Must get regulation wins on divisional games. 

Demko needs to play lights out and steal a few games. 

• Vintage 1

15 minutes ago, khay said:

Dermott is looking great. He can skate well and can cover for Myers a lot better than OEL.

Dermott-Myers pairing frees up OEL to play with more defensive minded Schenn, allowing OEL to foray into the offensive zone.

Hughes-RD (find a long term partner)

OEL-Schenn

Dermott-Myers

I'm happy if we go with the above defence next season -- a season that we might be retooling anyways. I don't think we can trade OEL, might as well make the best use of his talent, which is on the offensive side of the game.

Lockwood clearly has NHL speed, acceleration, and IQ. He is not afraid to use his body, which makes him perfect replacement for Motte on the 4th line. 

If we can somehow get Brandon Carlo, there’s Hughes’s partner. 

• Like 2