The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vegas Golden Knights at Vancouver Canucks | Apr. 12, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

26 minutes ago, 1-d said:

At this point all I care about is we're still watching meaningful Canucks games in April.

When was the last time it happened? For the last 7-ish years all the Canucks game we watched in March/April was for either vets playing for their next contract or prospects getting an audition.

I don't know how long this will continue and probably will end in disappointment, but I'm just trying to enjoy the moment.

Yup.  

Imagine thinking that games in April would matter when Green and Jombo were first fired.  

I was resigned to a toasted season and draft pick. 

• Cheers 2

LA has a pretty light schedule the rest of the way, I cant see them falling out really.  If EDM goaltending hits the $&!#ter again perhaps we have a chance with a win and your in on April 29th but that's far fetched, we'd have to hope they only get 4-5 points in their last 8 games.  

4 minutes ago, stanleysteamersmyl said:

LA in Col tomorrow night.  

Vegas plays on the road in Calgary and Edmonton in their next two games.

This is the only time to cheer for Col, Calgary and Edmonton.

I'll cheer for them hard even though I'll throw up afterwards.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

I think that Miller has built up enough credit during the past couple months for him to be excused for some of the poor decisions he made throughout the game.

he looks fatigued to me. Hasn’t been as dominant as we have seen him. To be fair it’s hard to keep that pace. 

That said.  Is it logical to pay him anywhere between 8-10 million per when it’s likely we see more of this Miller when he’s 32,33,34 years old?

Imho if you can get a top notch youngish  rhd plus plus. For him. you got to seriously consider it.  Keep Bo and petey as the centres , podz looks like he’s on the cusp of breaking out.  They will be fine up front. If Hogz comes back and improves and this Karlsson kid is legit there’s even less to worry about, 

they really need to upgrade the D. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, 1-d said:

Stars is the most resilient team out of the bunch. They're the biggest road block ahead of us.

Definitely targeting LA & 3rd spot in the division instead of a wildcard. 

LA’s record over the past 10 is the worst 

of all the play-off spot holders & chasers still alive, in the conference. 

That’s the path. 

• Cheers 1

31 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Not happy that we gave them a point, but we got 2 points, which is the most important part. Four wins in a row.

That 3rd was gross but got the two points and that's the most important thing 

Missing Pearson, Brock, Hoglander and Highmore is really really testing the depth of this team. We are almost completely reliant on our top 6 and when they're not on the ice it's really ugly. Even getting Pearson and Brock back at least gets Burroughs and Dries or Petan back to the press-box where they belong, (for Burroughs as a forward anyways)

Kings play the Avs tomorrow hopefully they lose making it 6 back with us having two games in hand.

We really need the flames, Oilers, and caps to beat Vegas.