The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vegas Golden Knights at Vancouver Canucks | Apr. 12, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Are we not entertained!!!!?

this team beat Vegas and Demko wasn’t sharp on the game tying goal.  

some really amazing shots went in on both goalies.  

Love Petey’s take aways.  They are game breakers and he is so dangerous with the puck attacking the net.

think this team has some more to give going down the stretch.  

let’s hope Demko’s fatigue isn’t a major factor as we need him to him more than ever if the team is going to squeak into the playoffs.  

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, StanleyCupOneDay said:

We unfortunately still have traces of Green from time to time, he was their coach for years after all. Hopefully after training camp that gets stomped out permanently.

We also faced the strongest lineup Vegas has iced this season, while we had 5 key players missing. Like someone mentioned once the bench was shortened Vegas had a big advantage against a tired group.

They need to get some bodies back by the stars game at least.

• Vintage 1

Great win against the odds...

Canucks are up against it, and it will not be easy. But they won and they are still in the chase...

PS. Love every time you see Podz on the bench, he is taking in all the tips and advise he is given be it from anyone... 

All the folks who has already nailed him as a worse player than Boldy and Caufield, I wouldn't bet on that just yet... Cracking game by the boy.

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

10 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Great win against the odds...

Canucks are up against it, and it will not be easy. But they won and they are still in the chase...

PS. Love every time you see Podz on the bench, he is taking in all the tips and advise he is given be it from anyone... 

All the folks who has already nailed him as a worse player than Boldy and Caufield, I wouldn't bet on that just yet... Cracking game by the boy.

Id rather gave podz than both caufield and boldy.  So many more dimensions to his game.  This is the type of player that you win with when it matters.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, EddieVedder said:

Id rather gave podz than both caufield and boldy.  So many more dimensions to his game.  This is the type of player that you win with when it matters.

Spot on... and he bring an element we've been sorely missing for a long time... A big guy driving the net.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

5 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Not really worried about that. Two points was the goal and they got it.

People are losing sight of what’s important here. That was a team that has absolutely owned us over the last 5 years and we beat them twice in a row when we absolutely needed to.

The belief is strong with this group. If they can squeak in who knows what they could do.

Nothing has changed. Gotta keep collecting points and hope for some favourable out of town scoreboards.

Every time the Canucks win it applies more out of town pressure...the question is who folds first?

Which ever teams fill the wildcard positions and 3rd place in our division will have to earn it. No easy rides

• Cheers 3

4 hours ago, Vancan2021 said:

Well being 18 million over the cap and still winning the cup without implications says it all. 

The NHL needs to figure this out yesterday. 

But I suppose so long as big market US teams win they never will. 

That's just it.... lets see if they make a 'Luongo' ruling out of this....... didn't think so. NHL rotten to the core...

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, mll said:

The Canucks used LTIR to add Toffoli.  Had the season resumed instead of the playoffs, they would have been well above the cap as everyone save for Leivo was ready to come off LTIR - even Ferland played in the bubble after spending nearly all season on LTIR.  

LTIR is minimum 10 games or 24 days.  If a team abuses LTIR they face cap penalties or the forfeiture of draft picks.  Vegas is going to have to prove that those players are really out long term.  If any of them is ready to return they will have to activate them and find a way to create cap space.  

Vegas had real ambitions this season and aren't even in a playoff position.  They probably would have been a better team with a healthy Stone.

Yes healthy Stone, McNabb, Theodore, Lehner ... right up and down the lineup they've always had one or two keys out all season.   De Boar  (ha ha) was saying he's never seen anything like it.   Karma maybe. 

• Vintage 1

6 hours ago, Vancan2021 said:

Nice seeing Vegas's struggles. All those smart moves you made making your team and the NHL making sure you succeed and you kicked this guy to the curb?? 

Should have learned from the penguins. 

The Internet's Fantasy With Marc Andre Fleury & Where He Will Finish His  NHL Career

Definitely the NHL's version of don't know what you got till it's gone.  Pave paradise, put up a Matt Murray...

The Canucks almost did that to Kirk McLean in 1991 when he had an off year and Troy Gamble outplayed him for the year.  The fans wanted McLean gone but I doubt any of them would admit to it now.

• Vintage 1

145DD8DB-49D5-4343-8F43-FB08F60F2C2D.jpeg.4d5c9577c67bf9af068c7a3c8968ea7b.jpeg

I honestly think EDM is within reach. Very tough schedule, inconsistent/bad goaltending. There’s a chance they win 1-2 of next 7, leaving our game against them worth all the marbles for 2/3rd in division of the Canucks go 6-2 or 7-1 if VGK and LA play average or a little above.

Edited by Canadian

Another no-show game for Miller. He was awful, the giveawyas, the lack of effort to backcheck. Looks like "Travis Green" Miller to me. Does he smoke?  ....'cause his cardio is rough, out of gas fast and then he coasts. Or maybe he's just old.  Vegas wouldn't have gotten their point if Miller showed up.  Do Not re-sign him

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, canuckleheads fan said:

Eichel is such a little B. He winds up on the wrong side of QH, just like when Petey turned him inside out last game for the tip in goal, Quinn gives him a little push, Eichel dives and then looks at the refs in disbelief that there was none call IN OVERTIME. I haven't bothered to watch many Buffalo games during the Eichel years because they were so horrible, so I haven't seen much of him, but he does not appear to be a franchise player to me. He's no McKinnon, McDavid, or even Stone. He's soft, a defensive liability, and I have yet to see him do anything that made me take notice. He does not even seem to be working that hard, and now Buffalo is playing better than when he was there, so maybe he's a cancer in the room too. Maybe he's still healing and recovering his timing, maybe he'll be better next year, but so far this year, meh.

Eichel at his peak was still not a top-5 player, but he was pretty close.

Question is, will he get back there? Lots of injury trouble, lots of missed time. I hope not - he’s certainly not worth $10M playing like that.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Another no-show game for Miller. He was awful, the giveawyas, the lack of effort to backcheck. Looks like "Travis Green" Miller to me. Does he smoke?  ....'cause his cardio is rough, out of gas fast and then he coasts. Or maybe he's just old.  Vegas wouldn't have gotten their point if Miller showed up.  Do Not re-sign him

That point that vegas got wouldnt mean a thing if we didnt have miller because we would be at the very bottom of the league

• Cheers 2

9 hours ago, stawns said:

Yeah, if that's not the last nail, it's darn close.  Still, happy with the win

We needed 2 pts and got it. 

Vegas has the Toughest remaining schedule I think. 

Flames, Oilers Devils, Caps, Stars, Blues. (not counting on SJ or Hawks) 

I can easily see them losing 2-3 out of remaining 8.

We're pretty much gonna need 2 pts every night I guess... 

34 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

While I am open to trading him (for the right deal) , we would not even be in a position to fight for the playoffs if not for Millsy. 

He's always been high risk high reward. Usually on the reward side. 

I don't like some of his decision making withe though.

I dunno how Podz and Petey are 2 of the youngest guys on the team but their hockey IQ is far above everyone else including Horvat. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2