The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Arizona Coyotes at Vancouver Canucks | Apr. 14, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

4 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Nylander is a major reason Toronto can't win a playoff round, along with their tire fire on the blueline.  They have a culture there where playing like an NHLer in your own zone is completely optional.  Nylander is a perfect fit there, not here.

23 points in 32 playoff games.  Not sure that makes him a "major reason".

Nylander is scoring at a .71 ppg over his career in the playoffs, whereas Miller has 44 points in 78 games, for a ppg of .56

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

Only issue I have with Konecny, is that he's basically a more expensive Garland. I wonder if we could get Sanheim instead? (Provorov would be better but probably unlikely) ...

Sanheim would be a nice add, and make Rathbone expendable. Still leaves us with a right side issue but Hughes/OEL/Sanheim would be nice. I suppose Hughes could be moved over to the right side as well?

Sanheim-Hughes

OEL-Myers

Rathone-Schenn

Dermott-Burroughs 

• Cheers 1

24 minutes ago, stawns said:

23 points in 32 playoff games.  Not sure that makes him a "major reason".

Nylander is scoring at a .71 ppg over his career in the playoffs, whereas Miller has 44 points in 78 games, for a ppg of .56

The main problem is the fact he needs a tourist visa to enter his own zone.  You don't win with lazy floaters playing big minutes, regardless of offensive talent.  Nylander's refusal to even try to backcheck is simply not acceptable.

Edited by King Heffy

51 minutes ago, wildcam said:

Millers first season as 90 point guy come on? Miller is a 68--75 point guy? 1 season at 90 points is not a regular thing for him..'

Miller was a winger until this season? 

Miller is 29 years old first season over 72 points? Do you think Miller is going to be a regular 90 point guy now?

Trade Miller and get a good return and don't be stupid and sign at 30 year old player to a 6 yr X 8.2 -- 8.5 million dollar contract..

Miller will go back to 68 -75 points next season..Years 3, 4, 5 Miller's big contract would hurt Canucks...

Well he's been a PPG guy for the last 3 seasons pretty much, so who was the last #1 centre who scores at a PPG clip that has been traded, if it happens alot like you claim.

53 minutes ago, Viper007 said:

Well he's been a PPG guy for the last 3 seasons pretty much, so who was the last #1 centre who scores at a PPG clip that has been traded, if it happens alot like you claim.

You are making Miller out to be some super star? 65--85 point players get traded? Miller is not a superstar....

Did Gretzky get trade?

Miller previous best season was 72 points and yes they get traded.. With caps it makes it tougher as your changing cap for other team taking higher payroll back...

Not talking PPG clip where are you going??????????

Bottom line Miller 29 previous high points that's what counts was 72 points...

This season he is having a great season bet he doesn't get 75 points next year..

Look at his previous 4 seasons..

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wildcam said:

You are making Miller out to be some super star? 65--85 point players get traded? Miller is not a superstar....

Did Gretzky get trade?

Miller previous best season was 72 points and yes they get traded.. With caps it makes it tougher as your changing cap for other team taking higher payroll back...

Not talking PPG clip where are you going??????????

Bottom line Miller 29 previous high points that's what counts was 72 points...

This season he is having a great season bet he doesn't get 75 points next year..

Look at his previous 4 seasons..

I'm not saying that it doesn't happen, but you think it happens all the time.  You're the one who said these trades happen all the time, so I'm asking you to tell me when this occurred.

2 hours ago, mordekai said:

Predators might not get anymore points until their last game of the year :o

Preds do play AZ in their last game. Flames clinched, not sure if they will beat them twice in Nashville. 

Preds 5-4-1 last 10. Streak is L1. 91 pts 6 games left

Stars 6-2-2 W1 91 pts 7 games left

LAK 4-5-1 W1 90 pts 5 games left

VGK 7-2-1 L1 87 pts 6 games left

Nux 6-2-2 W5 84 pts 7 games left. Nux have a 6 game pt streak 

LA may be the most catchable (worst last 10, fewest games left), esp with a game left vs them. But VGK has the best last 10 record, and will still be a pt ahead of nux if nux win the game in hand. That OTW vs Vegas may be the difference by giving them a pt. But who knows. You just have to keep winning and see where every team ends up.  Must get 2 pts vs Stars to keep their season alive. 

Edited by Jaimito

6 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Preds do play AZ in their last game. Flames clinched, not sure if they will beat them twice in Nashville. 

Preds 5-4-1 last 10. Streak is L1. 91 pts 6 games left

Stars 6-2-2 W1 91 pts 7 games left

LAK 4-5-1 W1 90 pts 5 games left

VGK 7-2-1 L1 87 pts 6 games left

Nux 6-2-2 W5 84 pts 7 games left. Nux have a 6 game pt streak 

LA may be the most catchable (worst last 10, fewest games left), esp with a game left vs them. But VGK has the best last 10 record, and will still be a pt ahead of nux if nux win the game in hand. That OTW vs Vegas may be the difference by giving them a pt. But who knows. You just have to keep winning and see where every team ends up.  Must get 2 pts vs Stars to keep their season alive. 

Vegas may have the best record out of everybody the last 10 games, but not in the last 5 games.  So hopefully they lose more, and same with all the other teams that Canucks are chasing.

4 minutes ago, Viper007 said:

Vegas may have the best record out of everybody the last 10 games, but not in the last 5 games.  So hopefully they lose more, and same with all the other teams that Canucks are chasing.

True, but they did get their top guys back. Meanwhile nux just lost one of their best player.  It's a long shot regardless, but the boyz are playing with everything they got and makes watching these games in Apr worthwhile.  Hope this isn't decided until game 82. 

2 hours ago, JM_ said:

Sanheim would be a nice add, and make Rathbone expendable. Still leaves us with a right side issue but Hughes/OEL/Sanheim would be nice. I suppose Hughes could be moved over to the right side as well?

Sanheim-Hughes

OEL-Myers

Rathone-Schenn

Dermott-Burroughs 

I think Sanheim has played right side IIRC as well (and might be a better fit with OEL) And I still think we need a more defensive leaning, 2 way guy for Hughes. Him and Sanheim together on a pairing could be an adventure in our own end lol.

But he's a solid piece regardless. If nothing else, maybe we can flip him for the right D we need?

I do love the idea of "lesser player" + that pick from Philly though, whoever the player is. And if that pick nabs us Nemec or Jiricek...

giddy-kramer.gif

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

True, but they did get their top guys back. Meanwhile nux just lost one of their best player.  It's a long shot regardless, but the boyz are playing with everything they got and makes watching these games in Apr worthwhile.  Hope this isn't decided until game 82. 

Let's hope the miracle happens!! ::D

39 minutes ago, Viper007 said:

I'm not saying that it doesn't happen, but you think it happens all the time.  You're the one who said these trades happen all the time, so I'm asking you to tell me when this occurred.

Good players get traded, pretty regularly.

I don't think he was saying SPECIFICALLY, PPG American C'S  with brown hair and the initials J.T.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Good players get traded, pretty regularly.

I don't think he was saying SPECIFICALLY, PPG American C'S  with brown hair and the initials J.T.

Not very many top line players/d men get traded very often.  You should know that.  It doesn't happen regularly.  2nd liners/2nd pair and lower players, yes they get traded regularly.  Not core players though.  

17 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I think Sanheim has played right side IIRC as well (and might be a better fit with OEL) And I still think we need a more defensive leaning, 2 way guy for Hughes. Him and Sanheim together on a pairing could be an adventure in our own end lol.

But he's a solid piece regardless. If nothing else, maybe we can flip him for the right D we need?

I do love the idea of "lesser player" + that pick from Philly though, whoever the player is. And if that pick nabs us Nemec or Jiricek...

giddy-kramer.gif

Konecny was considered to be an asset for Philly to gain a C by some of their media. Not sure just Miller would be enough to get both a top 5 pick and a decent aged top 6 RW. Flyers have C problems now and moving forward and have decent wing-depth organizationally I believe but cannot confirm. 

I just posted a mega deal for fun. I do think a 3-way could be a method of getting a deal done. The Penguins and Devils could be interested in acquiring a top 6 RW with decent age and Canucks(have two) and Flyers have one. Could help all teams involved address issues. 

3 hours ago, aGENT said:

Was Sautner ever supposed to be more than a "Biega" type? And Brisebois had/has a "maybe" 3rd pair ceiling. Some times guys just aren't good enough. Full stop.

Would it be nice to have a few more guys coming through our development system to the big club? Sure. But to be fair, we haven't had a lot of high ceiling guys go through Utica/Abby. Most of our better players came through college/Europe pipelines after we drafted them, and straight to the NHL. So not having many develop to the NHL club via the AHL isn't surprising.

That tells me we need to do more/better on finding and signing undrafted college, Euro etc scouting to actually fill the AHL club with, instead of the veteran AHL journeymen that the previous regime seemed to favour. Those guys simply aren't likely to become NHL players. Thankfully that's something that new management was quite good at in Pittsburgh.

2015 -21 players drafted after Brisbois have played 100+ NHL games

2016 JUolevi and Lockwood, no 2nd or 4th all players selected except Lockwood were from the CHL

2017 Pettersson from Sweden two seconds and a 3rd from CHL, Rathbone U.S. HS then college (I guess we'll see how his development goes), Sweden  and 2 more CHL guys

after 2017 very few CHL players drafted like you said

but

things aren't looking great for Lind, Gadj, DePietro, Woo, Stukel, Palmu, Juolevi

those are the guys that went through the system for at least a few games

4 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Konecny was considered to be an asset for Philly to gain a C by some of their media. Not sure just Miller would be enough to get both a top 5 pick and a decent aged top 6 RW. Flyers have C problems now and moving forward and have decent wing-depth organizationally I believe but cannot confirm. 

I just posted a mega deal for fun. I do think a 3-way could be a method of getting a deal done. The Penguins and Devils could be interested in acquiring a top 6 RW with decent age and Canucks(have two) and Flyers have one. Could help all teams involved address issues. 

If they're only willing to give up wingers, I'd LOVE Farabee if we could get him!!! :wub:

Doubt he's available though :lol:

I'll have a look at the trade ;)

4 hours ago, aGENT said:

Only issue I have with Konecny, is that he's basically a more expensive Garland. I wonder if we could get Sanheim instead? (Provorov would be better but probably unlikely) ...

2 hours ago, JM_ said:

Sanheim-Hughes

OEL-Myers

Rathone-Schenn

Dermott-Burroughs 

If Provorov or Sanheim could play the right side then definitely. Otherwise I'd target Farabee before Konency.

Whether they'd move him or not is another question, but these are all good players were talking about.

I do like Konecny, but if you don't believe in him then maybe you try for Tippett & a prospect. 

1 hour ago, Viper007 said:

There have been several Duchene is one that change whole outlook of Colorado.

Trades are tougher now since covid and no cap room...Look at trade tracker they happen..

1 minute ago, wildcam said:

There have been several Duchene is one that change whole outlook of Colorado.

Trades are tougher now since covid and no cap room...Look at trade tracker they happen..

Duchene is/was nowhere near the player that JT is atm.  And plus this trade was what .... 4/5 years ago?  Wow this sure does happen regularly.

Edited by Viper007