The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Arizona Coyotes at Vancouver Canucks | Apr. 14, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

10 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

Makes one wonder what the hell Old Brucie was thinking with his “he’ll be fine” comments post game. A case of Hopium I guess.

I hate when coaches jump the gun on diagnosis. Green used to do that all the time.

Damn you for giving me hope! :(

4 minutes ago, Rindiculous said:

4 of our top 6 out with injuries at this point.  Hogs, Boes, Pearson, and now Horvat.

Well Hogs wasn’t really a consistent top 6 guy. Boes could be back next game so that’s two of our top 6.

Losing Bo kills our ability on draws and in shutdown situations though. Not to mention clutch goals and leadership.

Gonna need to keep getting contributions from our secondary scorers to overcome this.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Well Hogs wasn’t really a consistent top 6 guy. Boes could be back next game so that’s two of our top 6.

Losing Bo kills our ability on draws and in shutdown situations though. Not to mention clutch goals and leadership.

Gonna need to keep getting contributions from our secondary scorers to overcome this.

I am hoping Dries is able to substitute in.  He looked really good last game, if he's able to maintain that play we might be able to stay afloat.

• Cheers 2

Crappy. If Bo is done, I fear so are the Canucks. My sense after reading the Province article is that indeed it is fractured or broken. That’s a tough pill to swallow.

Why can’t that kind of luck happen to a top 6 Leaf instead?

4 minutes ago, Muttley said:

Podkolzin plays from last night: Can't see that he's got any limitations. Doesn't let guys push him around either.

Podz goal, nice move

Podz is the man, 2nd goal

Podz with the steal and an attempt for his 3rd

When you describe everything that we need at forward it describes Podz. Tough, good size, skates well, dogged puck pursuit and he distributes well and has a hard shot. 
‘We could use two more just like him. 
Quality PF in the making. 

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

9 hours ago, Alflives said:

“Zero patience”?

It’s been 8 years of Benning’s cooking.  :sick:

If we can trade Myers to clear all his cap without it costing us sweetener (which I seriously doubt) that will be a great move.

Rather, of course, dump OEL (and his contract) but that would cost us immense amounts of sugar.

Alf, who would play defence?  

who could we have for less money to eat top 3 minutes and play all the games so far this season other than Myers?  

OEL is providing solid defence and he is also creating more on the offensive side of then puck too.  

so who takes his minutes?  

do you want to have Hughes carry the whole load with only Schenn to rely on?  And rookies from the farm.  

How do you see the team with only draft picks to replace those too spots or cap dump players.  

Tanking with a 100pt Center and Petey on the roster, and Bo has 30 goals.  

those are building blocks.  So is OEL and Myers.  Who will be essential next season and also if we make it thru to the post season.  

we get the Florida Assistant GM cap penalty back, that’s 3m.  

Brock is a player to trade with Podz taking his spot.  

I would rather keep Garland who is a feisty competitor who plays a two way game that really meshes with our forecheck.  Brock is a shooter who has worked hard to round out his game, but will never have the foot speed to be a super effective two way player.  

his shot is a legit asset if he can be paired with a set up guy. 

he will be missed, but the flow is being do expensive for the numbers here.  

this is why, if your for some reason asked to be hockey GM, your to say, only for Toronto, okay, Alf.  

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Phat Fingers said:

Alf, who would play defence?  

who could we have for less money to eat top 3 minutes and play all the games so far this season other than Myers?  

OEL is providing solid defence and he is also creating more on the offensive side of then puck too.  

so who takes his minutes?  

do you want to have Hughes carry the whole load with only Schenn to rely on?  And rookies from the farm.  

How do you see the team with only draft picks to replace those too spots or cap dump players.  

Tanking with a 100pt Center and Petey on the roster, and Bo has 30 goals.  

those are building blocks.  So is OEL and Myers.  Who will be essential next season and also if we make it thru to the post season.  

we get the Florida Assistant GM cap penalty back, that’s 3m.  

Brock is a player to trade with Podz taking his spot.  

I would rather keep Garland who is a feisty competitor who plays a two way game that really meshes with our forecheck.  Brock is a shooter who has worked hard to round out his game, but will never have the foot speed to be a super effective two way player.  

his shot is a legit asset if he can be paired with a set up guy. 

he will be missed, but the flow is being do expensive for the numbers here.  

this is why, if your for some reason asked to be hockey GM, your to say, only for Toronto, okay, Alf.  

We have all these players, and Miller No are having career years.  Demko is fabulous.  And we still are a capped out non playoff team.  Why go further down the rabbit hole?  

• Upvote 1

I heard Sutter might be ready to go on Monday.

Where did I hear that, you ask?

My big ‘ol butt! .. and sometimes, just sometimes, there’s a kernel of truth in it. But mostly just full of crap.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Wouldn’t be a Canucks season without key injuries down the stretch.

This is one of the few seasons of late where we've even had a stretch run.

I have faith that the boys are gonna rally around Bo's injury and/or Miller drags the team into the playoffs. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1