The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Dallas Stars at Vancouver Canucks | Apr. 18, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Starting goaltender vs. Senators  

174 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

10 minutes ago, 13231 said:

30-13-8 under Bruce and our brain dead media and half the fan base wants to blow this team up 

Just a couple more hours of joy before the Trade Evvay Buddy crowd takes over.

At least we don't have to wait long for the next game.

GO CANUCKS GO!

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Wow what a game, the Canucks look like one of the best teams in the league right now. Horvat out, Boeser and Highmore in seems pretty even at the moment. 6th win in a row and we don't look like slowing down. Even if we don't make the playoffs you have to be proud of this team. Meanwhile the Stars are terrible - they should not be in the playoffs. Dreadful goaltending, not much offence and they're brutal on the road but snagged lots of points in the middle of the season at home.

Miller was again pretty invisible tonight, didn't do a heck of a lot offensively but didn't make too many bad defensive plays. Podkolzin was brilliant again all over the ice making lots of smart little plays, lucky with his goal but the Garland goal he made a very savvy play. Garland was a beast tonight, good to see him return to his early season self when we need him. He was buzzing all night long and a real slippery force the Stars couldn't deal with. 

Pettersson was brilliant again tonight, we used to struggle with 2 on 1s but he is just so skilled it's almost money now. Bad play at the line on the SHG but I'd point more blame at our one defenceman Hughes who was stuck below the offensive blueline and Miller who knew that, tries to skate along the blueline instead of dump it deep. In a 3-1 game they have to be smarter and safer, even if it means losing possession.

Boeser was one of if not our best player and it's good to see him back. I've never been a Brock hater because he's got all the tools to be a star and he showed it tonight - he was physical, skated well, made about 5 brilliant defensive plays (which for me is the most important because look how it created his 2 on 1 goal) and of course made some flash offensive moves. The goal and the slap-pass to Dickinson were star-worthy goals. Hope he continues this with a red hot Petey because then we have 2 first lines. Good to see Dickinson have a strong game too, Petey really makes anyone look good with him but I was surprised by his smart offensive plays tonight.

I thought our 3rd and 4th lines played well, lots of grinding cycles and shifts in the offensive zone and rarely got hemmed in. The Stars really looked bad when their top lines were getting beaten by our bottom 6 forwards.

Demko had a solid game but didn't have to do much, the only real chances the Stars had were snuffed out. They won the special teams battle to an extent.

On the whole, brilliant game but the Stars are terrible on the road. Have to win against Ottawa which won't be easy after such a draining game so let's hope we have a good Halak in net. Vegas lose so now our fate is really in our hands...

If Chiasson is sick with flu symptoms - how many other Canucks are vulnerable to that?

Has this most recent flu-bug gone through the majority of the team,  already? 

Ok just one thing really really annoys me about this season and this team. We have no depth at all. Abbotsford is depleted and made the playoffs with no depth. The end of the season rolls around and Horvat Pearson and Chiasson ain't playing... but we have no depth. What I'm trying to figure out is if we have no depth in Abbotsford or Vancouver how do we keep winning? 

The next man up mentality has worked out pretty good. Even if we don't make the playoffs they sure made it Interesting.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DS4quality said:

Ok just one thing really really annoys me about this season and this team. We have no depth at all. Abbotsford is depleted and made the playoffs with no depth. The end of the season rolls around and Horvat Pearson and Chiasson ain't playing... but we have no depth. What I'm trying to figure out is if we have no depth in Abbotsford or Vancouver how do we keep winning? 

The next man up mentality has worked out pretty good. Even if we don't make the playoffs they sure made it Interesting.

Will ?  From the surface, the players and coaches wants the playoff berth, really bad.   Everyone is buying into Boudreau....

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Under Bruce this team is winning at 0.66% and it's not a small sample size. That's good for tied 9th in the league with Tampa Bay. 

For those wanting to get rid of Boudreau, why now when next season we could have more of the same and essentially be playing as well as Cup contenders? Regardless of longevity I think you have to bring him back and let this group play at least 1 year of top level hockey rather than make anymore changes.

Right now we look unbeatable but have played some easy teams. The Minny/Calgary swing will be very interesting. We can only really afford to lose 1 of them but at this pace you never know (plus we've been one of the best road teams in the league).

30-13-8 under Bruce is just madness.

Yup the talk about his playoff record is just ignorant. You gotta get there consistently before you actually think about a cup. Countless teams have had many good seasons before they actually win it all. Maybe Bruce gets his first cup as a Canuck or maybe he can only get us so far and in a couple years we bring in a new voice that gets us there. Just like the Capitals. But for crying out loud you gotta be a playoff team before we get carried away. I’ll be legit pissed if Bruce is not back next season 

• Cheers 3

58 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Not yet... I think LA needs to lose once.

we face LA so that means if we win out and beat LA in regulation, we get third place no matter if LA and Vegas win rest of their games. We have higher pt% than vegas now so we are technically ahead of vegas.

• Vintage 1