The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL Draft Lottery to be held on May 10th

Rate this topic

1 minute ago, wai_lai416 said:

Lol figures.. big market like Toronto Montreal and darlings like edmonton will win everytime they have the biggest odds 

if it was us we would've gone down like 3 spots lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Forecasted a rough yr for the Habs, way back in Oct. Took some flak for this, but it's an 8 month-bullseye. No good deed unpunished?!

Predicting a purposeful tank and ignoring actual circumstance doesn’t make you Nostradamus :lol:

• Like 1

Came on to comment on the lottery. Obviously didn't expect to move up. But watching other teams repeating move up when we repeatedly moved down? Just frustrating. I'm kind of in a bitter mood now. Time to crack a couple Pils. 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

Predicting a purposeful tank and ignoring actual circumstance doesn’t make you Nostradamus :lol:

I make some good predictions & some LOUSY! ones, would be the first to tell ya. Just like such threads existing, cos' it's gives a platform to discuss/forecast on specific outcomes.

Would say some folks get their noses outa' joint(EXCESSIVELY!) over such matters/threads. It's prob more fun to hope/heckle/jinx various teams in the donut shop!

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, rekker said:

Came on to comment on the lottery. Obviously didn't expect to move up. But watching other teams repeating move up when we repeatedly moved down? Just frustrating. I'm kind of in a bitter mood now. Time to crack a couple Pils. 

Follow the $! What F***ers own the teams that keep getting gifted?! With this league, numbered Swiss bank accts wouldn't surprise me.

At the end of the day, you just pray the Quinn H & EP40 types will surpass the gifts granted above them.

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Follow the $! What F***ers own the teams that keep getting gifted?! With this league, numbered Swiss bank accts wouldn't surprise me.

At the end of the day, you just pray the Quinn H & EP40 types will surpass the gifts granted above them.

Did you get fitted for a new tinfoil hat or something?  It might be a touch tight. 

Edited by qwijibo
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Thank goodness for those two. I still remembered wondering who the heck this skinny Swede was. Oh, I know who he is now, and love him. Hughes, I just couldn't believe Detroit didn't pick him ahead of us. I remember me and my boy jumping up and down when Detroit passed on Hughes. I remember how giddy JB was having drafted Quinn. Good memories. 

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, qwijibo said:

Montreal hasn’t picked 1st overall since 1980. Let’s not act like there’s some conspiracy here.  They have a 55.7% chance to pick 3rd overall. 

Funny though it wasn't about Montréal,  Rangers and leafs have both got 1st overall recently as well

2 hours ago, qwijibo said:

Montreal hasn’t picked 1st overall since 1980. Let’s not act like there’s some conspiracy here.  They have a 55.7% chance to pick 3rd overall. 

Canucks haven't picked 1st - ever.

Maybe the league should have a new rule - anyone that has won a cup since the Canucks came into the league can NOT get 1st overall until the Canucks do.

:gocan:

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, rekker said:

Thank goodness for those two. I still remembered wondering who the heck this skinny Swede was. Oh, I know who he is now, and love him. Hughes, I just couldn't believe Detroit didn't pick him ahead of us. I remember me and my boy jumping up and down when Detroit passed on Hughes. I remember how giddy JB was having drafted Quinn. Good memories. 

I remember wishing and hoping Makar might drop to us and was a little perplexed at the Petey pick at first.

Turned out to be a heck of a consolation.

• Cheers 1