The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Minnesota Wild | April 21st, 2022 | 5:00 PM, Sportsnet Pacific | Just win.

Rate this topic

Roberts

4 minutes ago, Muttley said:

I didn't realize what a curve Thatch had on that thar stick. Definitely could go for the up and over empty netter if the situation ever allowed for it. 

Love to see that some day.

That’s Spencer Martin.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, rekker said:

Great, and this seems weird to say, we missed him last game. 

When your alternatives are two AHLers or Dickinson in your top 6, Chaisson all of a sudden looks pretty good. :lol:

Seriously though good for him for continuing to put in the work and step up as the next man up. All three of those guys seem to realize where goals are scored from most often and aren’t afraid to get there.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Funny you bring that up as that was about the time my drinking got out of control - watching those guys in frustration!  Thank god those days are behind us.  Our "D" might not be the best in the league now but it's a hell of a lot better than back then.   With a defensive line-up like that, is was bound to only get beter.

I think our top 4 gets nowhere near enough credit. 8th in GA which is already great but take away the pk and were near the very top.

Myers+21 OEL+9, Schenn +14 and Quinn +8 are great considering at one point in March we were 28th in gf, 

Been really impressed with Myers and OEL the last month, OEL took awhile to adjust offensively and when Quinn was sick he showed he's capable of more offense.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

5 hours ago, theochar said:

I think Martin gets the surprise start and shuts out Minnie, Demko is not 100%!!!

He'll get the Edmonton game as well.

Halak will get his 250k for "taking a dive" in a unmarked paper bag, Francisco A has surely done this at some point in his life.

There might be some "conversations" with the league about the refs.

LA and Vegas will miss the playoffs (although one of them may catch Dallas), we get 3rd in the Division.

All part of the master plan..... 

Joe Pesci Goodfellas GIF

The conversations should have happened the minute Sutherland was assigned.  JR needs to take the fine and publicly state that allowing that scumbag to work out games is not acceptable and the team will be forced to take matters into their own hands if the league doesn't start holding problem officials accountable.

23 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Never thought I’d be so happy to see Chiasson back in the lineup!

But the chemistry that him, Miller, and Podz were showing was pretty apparent.

Hopefully this means Petan is out and Dries stays in. Dries has looked much more noticeable and has more points than Petan in less than half the games.

Would love seeing Alex Chiass Minnesota's goalie tonight. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

20 minutes ago, Muttley said:

I didn't realize what a curve Thatch had on that thar stick. Definitely could go for the up and over empty netter if the situation ever allowed for it. 

Love to see that some day.

pulling this out of my keister, but I wonder if it plays a role in demmer losing his stick as frequently as he does. if it's not flush to his pads like a flatter curve, I could easily see it snagging on guys skates as they go by him in the crease. 

4 minutes ago, tas said:

pulling this out of my keister, but I wonder if it plays a role in demmer losing his stick as frequently as he does. if it's not flush to his pads like a flatter curve, I could easily see it snagging on guys skates as they go by him in the crease. 

That isn't Demko's stick. 

I'm not sure what Demko's stick looks like, but I'm not about to stick around the showers to find out.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

The conversations should have happened the minute Sutherland was assigned.  JR needs to take the fine and publicly state that allowing that scumbag to work out games is not acceptable and the team will be forced to take matters into their own hands if the league doesn't start holding problem officials accountable.

The NHL wants us to think that it's a few "rogue" referees, but I think that it is a systemic issue and the NHL itself is to blame for the very strange state of refereeing in the NHL.  In other words, I'm convinced that the NHL dishonestly and cynically uses refereeing to mess with the outcome of games.  What else could "game management" possibly be?  I strongly suspect that the NHL has shot itself in the foot by messing with the refereeing and they can neither admit it nor extract themselves from it.  People who know the game KNOW that there is something very wrong with how NHL games are being refereed.  However all the dollar signs make it hard for anyone in the know to comment.  It's not just one or two refs and it's not just the Canucks who are getting screwed, I think it is a league-wide problem.  And it needs to be outed and addressed.  GCG!

Edited by nux_win
grammar

39 minutes ago, c00kies said:

That isn't Demko's stick. 

I'm not sure what Demko's stick looks like, but I'm not about to stick around the showers to find out.

whoops, didn't even look at the picture for more than half a second before responding to the person.