The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Minnesota Wild | Apr. 21, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, Warhippy said:

THis is a what have you done for me lately situation.

Boeser was an absolute slug tonight in the last 3 minutes of the 2nd and last 10 minutes of the 3rd.  There's a point where he takes a shift with 7 minutes or so left and literally skates around looking like an offended Kovalev.  The nucks gain posession and skate it out of their zone and literally the ONLY reason he touches the puck in his entire shift is because he is being gang loved by 3 wild players in the slot.  He gets pushed over to the half wall and after having his stick knocked away holds his arms up for 10 seconds looking about as useful as a tootsie roll in a hot car

6 points in 3 games and absolutely positively laid a steaming triple Oiler tonight.

So if we are worried only about tonight and taking a microscope down to the minutes where was Miller,?    Im not saying he is here long term, or not to trade Boeser but the hate he gets is mind numbing.  

3 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Myers will be 34 when his deal is up, and 35 before the following season is over, he's a piece we'll probably need to replace sooner than later anyway. I'm not saying he'll fall of entirely, but I question how much longer he can play as a top 4 guy. 

Moving him might be a step back in the short term, maybe, but it's a move we likely make sooner than later anyway. 

That being said, I wouldn't say he singlehandedly cost us the season. There were numerous factors that led to us coming up short. 

Yep, and if he's as bad as some think he's gonna cost a cap team to unload. Then we get to replace him with 2 top 4 D which we all know are easy to find.  

Trade him, I don't care either way, I just wonder how much thought people apply toward the realistic problem of adding 1 top 4 dman in an offseason, let alone 2 which we'll need if he's out. 

Gonna be an interesting summer that's for damn sure.

3 minutes ago, Darius said:

Miller and Garland had one more shot on net.  Im not saying not to trade him but singling him out from the whole crew is myopic.  I saw a full effort from the kid all night.  

This team has bigger problems than Brock Boeser.  Start on the back end.  Bottom 6 dont generate much offence.  Miller looks spent.   Brock can be a chip they use to fill the holes via trade.

We can disagree on the effort, but I completely agree on bigger problems. 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, drdeath said:

1-0 LA after 20. Chicago look totally disinterested. LA couldn't break them down 5 on 5 so the refs started handing them PPs and they scored on their second one. Chicago have had a couple of grade A chances but only have 5 shots on goal.

Today is the anniversary of Benghazi too - pugzmanIII

26 minutes ago, Green Building said:

Lmao his big ass is exactly who we want on on our side in the playoffs. Want to move him? Ok, who's gonna replace him for 25+ mins per night.

You're delusional, just watching that "slow" "out of position" "uncoordinated" new born giraffe gave me headaches all season.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Green Building said:

Lmao his big ass is exactly who we want on on our side in the playoffs. Want to move him? Ok, who's gonna replace him for 25+ mins per night.

No ones replacing him.  Hes been solid for the most part.   Hes back next season.  

Just now, Green Building said:

Yep, and if he's as bad as some think he's gonna cost a cap team to unload. Then we get to replace him with 2 top 4 D which we all know are easy to find.  

Trade him, I don't care either way, I just wonder how much thought people apply toward the realistic problem of adding 1 top 4 dman in an offseason, let alone 2 which we'll need if he's out. 

Gonna be an interesting summer that's for damn sure.

Maybe, maybe not. I wouldn't say he's as a bad as some would, I think him and OEL have been solid for much of the season, I don't think the cost of moving him would necessarily have to be absurd. Any way you spin it, he's a 32 year old RD with a couple seasons left, he might be overpaid but he could still have value to a team that has a harder time luring in D. 

He's got his warts, but maybe another team thinks he could contribute. 

Nobody's saying finding the two top 4RD we'll need to find will be easy, but moving him frees up potentially 6M in cap space if we don't retain and for a team with little cap flex that's no small thing. 

Well after the start we had it was amazing to play meaningful games this late. 

Why did you take so &^@#ing long FA? This is on you and one silver lining I can see is you don't get playoff revenues. Ok..I'll move on now and forgive...but never forget! ;) 

3 minutes ago, juggmon said:

Did he cost us the postseason on his own? No.  But his cap hit to his performance is certainly one major reason.  There's another turd (OEL) eating up 7+ million who is contributing to our pathetic D.  When you spend over 6 million each on two players who barely deserve to be on your middle pair, you don't make the playoffs.  The cap doesn't allow for those kind of mistakes.

Gotcha. Trade Myers and OEL plus add assets to dump them and we're balling again with Hughes and nobody in our top 4.  

You're right that we're up against the cap, though. Only juice we have to alleviate it comes from moving forwards like JT and Boeser, maybe Pettersson if Allvin really wants to gamble with his to be short lived tenure if it doesn't work out.

2 minutes ago, Bure2Win said:

You're delusional, just watching that "slow" "out of position" "uncoordinated" new born giraffe gave me headaches all season.

Was actually pretty solid a good chunk of they year but hey it is okay to be wrong now and again. 

5 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

This team has some very good pieces..

Couple of years we'll be top tier team.

The team needs another horvat and for podz, petey and hogz to keep developing.  On the defense, they need a legit #1.  Then we can compete with the likes of the bolts, avs and panthers

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, HKSR said:

There you are.  I figured when I talked about losers, you'd show up first.  

Anyways, not gonna waste my time with you or the others that crawled out of their holes.  Funny how so many of you were nowhere to be found during the win streak.

Stawns is Green 100%

• Haha 3

Long season, fatigue and injury sets in. Marky sucked with too much work when he was with Nux. Really needed a good backup this season, unfortunately Halak was playing poorly earlier, and then as he gets his game back, he gets injured when he was needed the most.  

Just when we need Bo the most, he gets injured. We have three 30 goal centers.  

Warrior tonight: Richardson and JT. 

Podz learning what it takes for a playoff drive.  Lot of potential. Hoglander had a bad season, hope he comes back and plays better. 

I'm still going to watch. Get Bruce that 600th win. 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1