The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Calgary Flames - CBC, SN, CITY - 7:00 PM PT

Rate this topic

cleowin

6 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

If he’s with the team next season it will be a fail.

Hes on the ice for so many crucial goals against.

I don’t care if plays good sometimes, he’s a liability when it matters.

But, but, but he's plus 20 and eats 25 mins a night...**sarcasm**

fml.  I'm gonna die before this team wins a Cup :(

Just now, stanleysteamersmyl said:

Sutter got his team ready for the playoffs with a lot of toughness, grit, a lot of size on the defense.   

The Flames realized if they wanted to maximize the potential of their core they have had for a number of years they had to change their identity which they did under Sutter. They made themselves bigger and harder to play against while surrounding their best players with the aforementioned and a team buying into its coaches philosophy. It works. The Canucks will Achieve nothing until they form an identity. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Toyotasfan said:

Cooke, Ruutu, Torres , Burrows, but nobody since. maybe

Burrows never dirty.

Burtows was always ethically sound, a bit of a diver & a mouthy pest, yes, but more or less hard-working & honourable. To say any different - you’ve been duped, all the way, by the BOG President & Bruins owner’s mega-media empire including his plants at the CBC like Don Cherry & Ron McClean on Coach’s corner. 

Torres was a hitting machine & would hit guys as often or as hard as he was allowed, usually with his shoulder & crossing this line, periodically - nothin’ else. 

Rhuutu, was made out of a mold like Esa Tikanen, surly, mouthy, pesky but not a piece of sh$t. And Matt Cooke was perpetrating his worst offenses not while a Canuck, but as a Penguin. 

No where near the douchey-goonery seen elsewhere.  The O-6 teams have owners with deep media interests like radio, tv, cable & newspapers…they are the power brokers of this league. The control the main-narrative in how the media & league portray their players out there. 

Case in point: the farcical Mark Messier leadership award. There couldn’t be a ‘worse’ example of respect for your fellow union bros, playing with honour or abiding by the rules of the game.

^This chronic cheat is not wanted managing any young players & his lauding sends all the mixed-messaging that Bettman really wants to send - instead of being a steward of progressive officiating & player-safety out there. 

1 minute ago, Jack Fig said:

I don't know what is going to happen with Boeser. We have to qualify him, don't we? 

Have to trade him. Sign and trade. No speed and a liability 5on5. Love the guy but it’s time to move on.

2 minutes ago, DarthMelvin said:

I've been ripping on Myers all season lol

He is a part of the problem this team has. Last game and tonight's game really showed what I have been saying all year and last year.

Most fans have been done with the Myers experiment for a long time now.

Just now, DarthMelvin said:

I've been ripping on Myers all season lol

He is a part of the problem this team has. Last game and tonight's game really showed what I have been saying all year and last year.

good for you.

Im ok with giving the team a different look on the back end if that means moving Meyers.

I know what Meyer’s is.  Slagging the guy though for plays that arnt necessarily all on him is laughable.  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, wai_lai416 said:

anyone that thinks a team will take myers off our hand without us either retaining 50% or attaching a 1st is in for a rude awakening

That's why anyone who thinks this is a one year fix is in for a rude awakening.

We are f'd until these inefficient contracts come off or we pull a miracle trade or draft a stud