• Oilers in 5
    • Oilers in 6
    • Oilers in 7
    • Kings in 4
    • Kings in 5
    • Kings in 6
    • Kings in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/05/2022 at 02:00 AM

1 hour ago, -DLC- said:

WTH was he thinking. He played that like it was a 2 on 1 but...it wasn't. He totally could've taken him out of the play/towards the boards but decided slip and slide d was the way to go? What a lazy turd.

He might have been on the entire OT, LA had oils pinned since the opening faceoff.  He's no longer as good as he used to be anyway.  The other mistake was the 2nd goal. Turnover at the blue line, then falls out of position. 

Edited by Jaimito
  • Cheers 2

11 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Is this an indirect dig at his goaltender?

Maybe look to Draisatel. 3 points on the night and still a minus 2. Maybe the most lazy "superstar" on his side of center. McD isn't far behind and is guilty of "get me the puck" way to often. Goaltending isn't great, but that's when you need to tighten up even more defensively. The Oilers aren't capable of that with their, me first,  leadership.

Edited by rekker
  • Cheers 2

8 minutes ago, rekker said:

Maybe look to Draisatel. 3 points on the night and still a minus 2. Maybe the most lazy "superstar" on his side of center. McD isn't far behind and is guilty of "get me the puck" way to often. Goaltending isn't great, but that's when you need to tighten up even more defensively. The Oilers aren't capable of that with their, me first,  leadership.

They'll learn... Ovechkin was like that before too.  He eventually figured out it's not all about the offence.  Once he played harder on the other side of the puck, including blocking shots, that's when he finally got to raise the Cup over his head. 

At the beginning of the season I felt Edmonton of all the Canadian teams had done the least coupled with some head scratching moves rendering them not a playoff team.

* I felt the same way about Calgary but have been proven wrong with Calgary having a great regular season and strong playoffs thus far. Calgary has displayed their overall depth and team unity executing a plan. All this backed by stellar goaltending in Markstrom.

I've actually taken the time to watch as many games in the first round as I can. It's been pretty good. I'm sure many have been watching the Toronto/Tampa series. 

That's another world ... two high end cohesive hockey teams . The defending Stanley Cup Champion playing a viable contender. 

Edmonton is no where near that level. 

Edmonton is being beaten by an LA team that has rebuilt over the past decade after winning a couple Cups into an up and coming team. 

we can't sell LA short here either. They've been good, Quick has been good when he's needed to be. LA has to be happy with their performance. 

If Edmonton goes on to lose this series this will be yet another disastrous failure in Edmonton.

This team wasn't built for the playoffs. 

4 hours ago, JM_ said:

when you look at Crosby vs McDavid, that really is one of the stark differences between the two. Sid's an actual leader, plays the right way all the time. 

Crosby will retire as a top 5 player all time (imo) whereas McDavid will simply retire as one of the most offensively gifted players ever 

Without at least a cup or international accolades he won't crack the top 5 imo 

Crosby's made his linemates and team better his entire career and he's one of the most decorated players ever

McDavid might pile up a similar amount of individual hardware but it's unlikely he'll ever be the sort of champion Crosby's been 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Vintage 1

13 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Crosby will retire as a top 5 player all time (imo) whereas McDavid will simply retire as one of the most offensively gifted players ever 

Without at least a cup or international accolades he won't crack the top 5 imo 

Crosby's made his linemates and team better his entire career and he's one of the most decorated players ever

McDavid might pile up a similar amount of individual hardware but it's unlikely he'll ever be the sort of champion Crosby's been 

Bang on. If I had to pick a team for a winner take all, Crosby is my number one center. Crosby is a grinder with a superstars skill set. Strong as an ox. McD is a hilite reel that doesn't help his teammates get better. Just off the top of my head Guentzel, Kunitz, Hornquist, Rust, all have extra cash, cups, gold medals in their pockets thanks to Syd. You could argue Draisatel owes some to McD, but if Draisatel played with Syd, Syd wouldn't accept Draisatel's effort in his own zone. He's got that kind of determination and leads by example. McD simply doesn't have that. 

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, rekker said:

Bang on. If I had to pick a team for a winner take all, Crosby is my number one center. Crosby is a grinder with a superstars skill set. Strong as an ox. McD is a hilite reel that doesn't help his teammates get better. Just off the top of my head Guentzel, Kunitz, Hornquist, Rust, all have extra cash, cups, gold medals in their pockets thanks to Syd. You could argue Draisatel owes some to McD, but if Draisatel played with Syd, Syd wouldn't accept Draisatel's effort in his own zone. He's got that kind of determination and leads by example. McD simply doesn't have that. 

Crosby's also quite defensively responsible for a superstar center, not Selke caliber but he doesn't sacrifice effort in the defensive zone for offensive opportunities. And for sure, there are plenty of players who owe career years and millions of dollars to riding shotgun with Crosby. 

Draisaitl probably does, but I think he'd also thrive on a better constructed team. If I had to pick one of the two to have on my team it'd be Draisaitl, he doesn't have the dynamic and irreplaceable speed McDavid does but he's a duel threat in his own right and that size can't be replicated. 

Crosby puts teams on his back, he's done it at every level. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, DeNiro said:

If the Oilers score and McDavid didn’t touch the puck was it really a goal?

I’ve never seen a team rely on one player as much as the Oilers rely on him. It’s in no way sustainable.

The delusion they keep repeating

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

So now their only NHL defensemen is Keith for next game, and their top players still refuse to backcheck.  They're done like dinner.

Disturbing move by a disturbing player. MacT said it best :bigblush:

31 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

So now their only NHL defensemen is Keith for next game, and their top players still refuse to backcheck.  They're done like dinner.

I wouldn’t be so sure.

The refs may decide to extend the series by giving the Oilers lots of powerplays. Only way they can win this series now.

• Cheers 1