The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Seattle Kraken at Vancouver Canucks | Apr. 26, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Well that second period was an absolute circus, but I enjoyed the rest of it! I'm ok with them being out now so long as Vegas gets booted out as well. And it'd be nice if they fell apart and we pass them right at the end. That goal by Hughes was a real beauty, loving seeing him finally get some more goals! Here's to a solid effort by this team to make things interesting, and I'm hoping we can destroy LA and Edmonton and leave them both feeling miserable going into their series.

• Upvote 1

Oh good grief! If Lucic & Tsachuk are the way everyone should be playin’- then this game will soon become WWE on ice! Drama-queens are the ‘Lames, now.

^I wonder how Tanev, Marky & the rest of their Swedes are really feelin’  about that?

Personally, I loved NASH’s Josi-goal & think that’s the type of thing OEL should be deploying all next season long! Slap/rip it! 

After seeing those CGY vs NASH hi-lights, looks like I’ll be cheering for NASH, all the way! 

Edited by viking mama
  • Cheers 2

Yeah, they won going away, but not impressed with the Canucks' defensive play in this one.  Very sloppy coverage... let the Kraken get behind them many times.  If it wasn't for Martin manning the fort extremely well, the score could have been much closer.

Nice to see Quinn Hughes get that smile he has when he scores...  assists are just fine, but this boy likes to bury the puck.  B)  Anyway, first of the defensive records... but I think there is little doubt he will break this one again... likely this season.

Sheldon Dries showed again he is a natural goalscorer...  he shoots the puck very well, and gets himself into positions where he can shoot... could have had another later.

As mentioned, didn't like the Canucks' D play... especially the forwards... too much in the way of waves at the puck carrier, not enough hard checking.  Pettersson definitely did not have a great game defensively.

Lets see how they do against the Kings and Oilers...  I hope they play hard and show some pride.

• Cheers 2

20 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Is it really Canucks hockey without a winning streak in garbage time to end the season? 

The team the management has built.  Good to draft at a garbage position but not good enough to be a convincing playoff team.

We're not pro tankers, because we will support the team no matter what, including the bottom dwelling days of a proper rebuild.

Just can't support this mediocrity year after year just to get a sniff of playoff revenue.

Was fun to see our young stars making recoveries and great strides.  I hope we build for a solid future, we sure have great pieces for it.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1