The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[ADSF] Toronto Maple Leafs (A2) vs. Tampa Bay Lightning (A3) | Lightning win series 4-3

Rate this topic

2022 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Round 1  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Maple Leafs in 4
    • Maple Leafs in 5
    • Maple Leafs in 6
    • Maple Leafs in 7
    • Lightning in 4
    • Lightning in 5
    • Lightning in 6
    • Lightning in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/04/2022 at 11:30 PM

3 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

So, at the end of the day, the Canucks ended up in a better position than the Leafs. Both are out of the playoffs, but the Canucks pick a few spots ahead in the Draft.

Maybe it would've been a different story if TOR had Dermott :P

I'd rather that the Canucks made the playoffs and gotten swept than not making the playoffs...

I have to admit, I felt that this could have been the year that the Leafs did it (not win the Cup, just get out of the 1st round). Their defense (arguably) was better, and their forwards had some level of truculence beyond just one guy (formerly known as Kadri), and there was a bit of an upgrade in goal.

But of greater note, I need pizza....

regards,  G.

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Proof once again.

You don't build from the forwards back. 

And you don't build around Superstar "Shinny" hockey players. Playoffs are a different story than regular season, and it's part of why we love this sport so much. 

Edited by rekker
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Gollumpus said:

I have to admit, I felt that this could have been the year that the Leafs did it (not win the Cup, just get out of the 1st round). Their defense (arguably) was better, and their forwards had some level of truculence beyond just one guy (formerly known as Kadri), and there was a bit of an upgrade in goal.

But of greater note, I need pizza....

regards,  G.

Ya I agree.  I don’t know how a team like this just can’t exorcise their demons.  I feel like at this point even if they win the presidents trophy they’ll still lose in the first round 

26 minutes ago, CanuckRookieFan said:

Why so much hate for the Leafs? Their GM did a fantastic job, their roaster is amazing. Lighting just happened to be a better team but its not anything the Leafs did wrong.

Why fire Dumas when his moves and roaster are actually solid, just because they didn't win doesn't mean changes need to be made.

I was a Leafs fan when Pat Quinn was coaching the team. Right now it's the Toronto media always shoving down our throats that the Leafs are Canada's team, well after tonight, F*ck Toronto media and I'm not even a fan of the Raptors also and Blue Jays I don't care!

Edited by TheRick
  • Cheers 2

I didn't actually care about the Avs/Preds series. The victories for me so far:

Minny - out
Caps - out

Bruins - out

Leafs - out

Cheering for the Oilers, Pens, and Stars to lose. I picked the OIlers in the Sportsnet Playoff Pool, but I just don't have it in me to actually want them to win. Flames over the Stars because I dislike Dallas more than Calgary.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

They really need to  get rid of Rielly and Nylander.  I'm not sure if they have the assets to be able to convince a team to take either of those contracts.  Hopefully they don't replace Dubas with a qualified GM.

The best move would be to dump Tavares ... but that is a tough ask. He's a minus player on a 115 point team ... and not getting any younger.