The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[ADSF] Toronto Maple Leafs (A2) vs. Tampa Bay Lightning (A3) | Lightning win series 4-3

Rate this topic

2022 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Round 1  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Maple Leafs in 4
    • Maple Leafs in 5
    • Maple Leafs in 6
    • Maple Leafs in 7
    • Lightning in 4
    • Lightning in 5
    • Lightning in 6
    • Lightning in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/04/2022 at 11:30 PM

6 hours ago, D-Money said:

I think last year's team was better. The defense was stronger (Muzzin has not been nearly as good this season, and Bogosian was solid depth). Tampa is going to cut right though it.

Giordano is decent, but they still have a massive liability in Rielly playing huge minutes.  You can't win in the playoffs with a defenceman who can't play any defence whatsoever playing huge minutes, with another AHL pylon in Sandin also getting a lot of ice time.  Toronto's first round exits will continue until they decide to ice a D group with actual NHLers.

• Cheers 1

20 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Raptors out, Leafs will be done soon.

Wont be long now until we have Blue Jays coverage forced down our throats…

Lollllll. This is 100% factual.   Been in Toronto, every paper has front page of the leafs and their quest ro the cup because it’s “their year”

• Cheers 1

I pray Tampa destroys Toronto.   I read the papers here and the Toronto sun literally has 4 pages talking about how this is their year, how marner will now thrive in the playoffs.  God I hate the leafs!!!

I think this will be Tampa in 6. Stamkos has become a beast all of a sudden, he went from having an average season to a 100 point player in a couple of weeks.

The difference - Hedman and goaltending. Vasy and Hedman will shut down Matthews whereas Toronto won't be able to contain Stamkos and Kuch.

• Like 1

I'm hoping Tampa Bay wins this series and the Cup just because I want to see a team win three Stanley Cups in a row.  For a team to win back to back Cups in this salary cap era is remarkable.  For a team to win three Cups in a row would be amazing.

1 hour ago, UnkNuk said:

I'm hoping Tampa Bay wins this series and the Cup just because I want to see a team win three Stanley Cups in a row.  For a team to win back to back Cups in this salary cap era is remarkable.  For a team to win three Cups in a row would be amazing.

It surely helps when players can take a massive pay cut due to no taxes.   This team wouldn’t exist outside Florida 

• Thanks 1