• Flames in 5
    • Flames in 6
    • Flames in 7
    • Stars in 4
    • Stars in 5
    • Stars in 6
    • Stars in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/06/2022 at 02:00 AM

Just now, Trebreh said:

I don't know what stopped Benn from beating the snot out of that fake tough guy Backlund. 

3-1 Stars... I don't see them scoring 2 more goals tho. 

He’s the biggest fake tough guy in the nhl.. Been saying it for years 

• Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

Just now, Darius said:

He’s the biggest fake tough guy in the nhl.. Been saying it for years 

they have Andersson too. these two rats are always in scrums face washing and shoving but never drops the gloves unless they have their guard down like Klingberg 

• Cheers 1

On 5/9/2022 at 9:04 PM, JoshuaGuy said:

Anyone remember 2011 when Tampa was murdering Boston on the power play and in game 7 they called ZERO penalties. Game management.

^That series was a travesty. 

Suspect refereeing prevented one of the best-ever high-flying potential finals from occurring....between VAN & TB.

A win by either of those highly skilled teams could have changed the way the league evolved…and that’s the whole point.

Perennial BOG-Chairman Jeremy Jacobs (Bruins-owner) & his besties Colin Campbell (Bruins-dad), Gary Bettman & all of his other old-school voting-block cronies..needed the drama/violence of hockey to appease market-places where fighting is banned in every other major league team sport that competes for the sports-fan’s attention.  It’s still the NHL’s niche!

The fix was made easier through biased officiating crews supporting an antiquated-style that the modern NHL, at least during the regular season, professed to be correcting & leaving behind.

Then, 40+ years without a SCup for a certain 0-6 team, added to the pressures. 

I just hope Jim Rutherford is a legitimate insider,.. the kind that VAN needs to get, at the very least, fair & unbiased officiating-crews to work our team’s play-off games, once they commence, again.

Edited by viking mama
  • Haha 1

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to [PDSF] Calgary Flames (P1) vs. Dallas Stars (WC1) | Series tied 2-2
8 hours ago, viking mama said:

^That series was a travesty. 

Suspect refereeing prevented one of the best-ever high-flying potential finals from occurring....between VAN & TB.

A win by either of those highly skilled teams could have changed the way the league evolved…and that’s the whole point.

Perennial BOG-Chairman Jeremy Jacobs (Bruins-owner) & his besties Colin Campbell (Bruins-dad), Gary Bettman & all of his other old-school voting-block cronies..needed the violence & controversial drama in hockey to sell more seats in market places where violence is banned from all of their  other major league team & rival sports. It was the NHL’s niche!

The fix was facilitated, through biased officiating crews supporting a style that the modern NHL, during  the regular season, professed to be correcting & leaving behind.

Then, 40+ years without a SCup for a certain 0-6 team, only added to the pressures. 

I just hope that Jim Rutherford is a legitimate insider, but the kind that VAN now needs to get at the very least, fair & unbiased officiating-crews to work our team’s play-off games, once they commence, again.

workscited.jpg

• Cheers 1

42 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

What part of that was wrong?  The NHL has continued to employ Campbell despite the existence of written proof of his corruption.

tbh i'm not that familiar with the story, but the way viking mama presented the case it just sounds like a low quality conspiracy theory. as tortorella said, we should get over 2011.

but even if i give it a thought, right at the beginning it doesn't make any sense. if the league wanted to help the bruins to a cup so much, why didn't they help them when they were up 3-0 against philly the previous year? like they didn't need game management then, but in 2011 they did?

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Rubik said:

tbh i'm not that familiar with the story, but the way viking mama presented the case it just sounds like a low quality conspiracy theory. as tortorella said, we should get over 2011.

but even if i give it a thought, right at the beginning it doesn't make any sense. if the league wanted to help the bruins to a cup so much, why didn't they help them when they were up 3-0 against philly the previous year? like they didn't need game management then, but in 2011 they did?

Not that I buy into the conspiracy at all, but 2011 is when Gregory Campbell joined the Bruins, so I think that's where the conspiracy part is founded for a lot of people.

• Cheers 1

13 hours ago, Rubik said:

Who were they up against..another old-school insider/ So-Cal…or an upstart progressive owner’s team,  who’s the clear outsider?

Brian Burke, Bostonian & former league sheriff had a long-standing feud goin’ on with Mike Gillis. Mike Gillis burned him as Bure’s agent. Gillis/thevAquilini’s did an end -run around the Gaghlardi group, to acquire the Canucks. The Gaghlardis would have retained Dave Ninos, Burke’s close friend & protege., Later, Burke tried to steal the Sedins out from under Gillis/Aquilinis, when they became free agents, as TOR-GM by poisoning the well with rumours that Gillis was trade-baiting Bieksa & Burrows. What a leak?!! Tampering-ish!!  He took some heavy media heat after Gillis’ appeals to the league - but was only mildly reprimanded. More favouritism there, too

So, when that overly-punitive Rome suspension came down in 2011, it was reported later on in the summer - that an interim League Sherriff, (Colin Campbell had recused  himself with his son playing for the Bruins) had sought out Brian Burke’s input & advise. Rome had no previous history. Nathan Horton had a history of concussions, & was hit standing-up, 2 seconds late - as reported by stopwatchers! The impact of that player’s head hitting the ice with a loose helmet caused the injury. For that - Rome received a 4-game suspension & was put-out of the Final series, with the Canucks already down another top-line defenseman (Hamhuis injury) injured in the same game. This judgement was deemed excessive by analysts - even by today’s standards. It remains one of the most controversial suspensions in Stanley Cup history.

^Burke reaps the dividends of his loyalty to Jacobs - still. His unqualified son was appointed & sits upon the DPS, when players were promised that this committee would be made-up of former-players with long-established careers & credentials, enough history within the league to make decisions they render readily respected by their peers. Burke’s son, a former Philly scout..,was clearly without enough cred for his  position.  

Teams in Southern California ANA, SJ, LA have been able to have regional representation put upon the DPS with Blake, Parros & Pronger. Old-school guys, perfectly okay with certain forms of “vigilante justice” - clearly something that operates  outside of the rules that govern hockey being played between union bros. Who will be their next “logical” appointments - Brad Marchand & Milan Lucic?!  Is it any coincidence that the afore mentioned So-Cal  players were long-serving members of teams who have bucked-up consulting fees, to Brian Burke, or hired his dearest & closest buddies?  

The DPS’s membership is now formed from team’s with a core of boting-block bros as owners. These folks believe in minimizingb& avoiding proper accountability for breaching rules & jeopardizing player-safety. They are generally unwilling to take a stand against fighting, like the IIHF has.

Punches can concuss players also…if not more so. 

If you don’t think DPS judgements effect a team’s positioning during the regular season, or impact the standings, play-off positioning, or even swing a series… you’re wrong!

Edited by viking mama