The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[WCF] Colorado Avalanche (C1) vs. Edmonton Oilers (P2) | Avalanche win series 4-0

Rate this topic

2022 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Conference Finals  

151 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Avalanche in 4
    • Avalanche in 5
    • Avalanche in 6
    • Avalanche in 7
    • Oilers in 4
    • Oilers in 5
    • Oilers in 6
    • Oilers in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/03/2022 at 12:00 AM

5 hours ago, D-Money said:

Jeez, tough crowd. McDavid carrying that defence and that goaltending this far is as impressive as most guys who actually win Stanley Cups. Because the guys who win always have a stacked team behind them.

How many cups did Gretzky win without a team full of hall-of-fame guys? His “supporting cast” won another one without him, but he never got another without them.

I will give credit to McD to picking up his game this post season. He was better. But McD vs Crosby in thier prime? I take Crosby any and every day. Crosby is a grinder with superstar skills, he makes everyone around him better. One only needs to take a look at the list of players that Crosby has made rich to see his effect on his linemates. If your saying simply insert Mcd onto Crosby's cup teams and take away Syd, if they win cups? Probably. But if I had a choice in a winner take all game, I'd take Crosby everytime. Just the ultimate, complete centerman imho. 

5 hours ago, D-Money said:

Jeez, tough crowd. McDavid carrying that defence and that goaltending this far is as impressive as most guys who actually win Stanley Cups. Because the guys who win always have a stacked team behind them.

How many cups did Gretzky win without a team full of hall-of-fame guys? His “supporting cast” won another one without him, but he never got another without them.

One of the main reason McDiver has no defence is his own refusal to backcheck and lead by example, instead preferring to dive constantly and throw tantrums.  Talented player but there's very few guys with his character issues that win.  They need a guy like Torts to tell him he either starts playing like a man or he will be in the press box.

He's created a culture where defence is optional, which makes it hard to hold guys like Bouchard and Barrie accountable for playing like compete garbage on their own zone.

Edited by King Heffy

1 hour ago, JM_ said:

EDM tweety guy talking about moving Barrie. Who takes his 4.5 mil salary? Doesn't put up many points in the playoffs and we've all seen him "defend."

They might have to pay to move him. 

They'll have to pay at least a first round considering he would need to be sent to the AHL.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JM_ said:

EDM tweety guy talking about moving Barrie. Who takes his 4.5 mil salary? Doesn't put up many points in the playoffs and we've all seen him "defend."

They might have to pay to move him. 

Thank god JB is gone. He seems to have wanted Barrie a few times now. Bullet dodged. 

1 hour ago, D-Money said:

Crosby had much better teams behind him too. His goalies put up .920 and .929 save percentages when they won back-to-back cups.

The team then lost some talent, and guess what happened? The Oilers have won more playoff rounds in the last 5 years than the Penguins.

6/7 years of playoffs with two cups. 

I don't mind people talking about McBaby's offensive talents, just don't blow smoke up someone's wazoo and pretend he's as complete a player as Crosby, because he isn't. 

• Cheers 3

24 minutes ago, rekker said:

Thank god JB is gone. He seems to have wanted Barrie a few times now. Bullet dodged. 

yeah I had that thought too. I wonder what Jim would have traded.... 3rd round pick?

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, rekker said:

Barrie would be okay if the rest of your d corp isn't a tire fire and soon to be the most over paid over 9m d man in NHL history...  ;) 

6 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

Barrie would be okay if the rest of your d corp isn't a tire fire and soon to be the most over paid over 9m d man in NHL history...  ;) 

The way Barrie plays in his own zone isn't acceptable on any actual NHL quality team.  He's a complete liability and is worse than useless.

1 hour ago, King Heffy said:

One of the main reason McDiver has no defence is his own refusal to backcheck and lead by example, instead preferring to dive constantly and throw tantrums.  Talented player but there's very few guys with his character issues that win.  They need a guy like Torts to tell him he either starts playing like a man or he will be in the press box.

He's created a culture where defence is optional, which makes it hard to hold guys like Bouchard and Barrie accountable for playing like compete garbage on their own zone.

I would trade mcdiver and build around drysaddle. 32 points in 16 games on 1 leg. What!

23 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

The way Barrie plays in his own zone isn't acceptable on any actual NHL quality team.  He's a complete liability and is worse than useless.

Once again your judgement on a defenseman is hyperbolic and inaccurate. 

i don't want Barrie but you slot him in on TB or Colorado and he isn't nearly as bad as he would be on Edmonton. 

• Cheers 1

Not feeling bad for the Oilers but at the same token I find it

quite funny that Sportsnet (under the the ownership of Rogers) would dunk the same team that has its arena named after it. Even more funny that they deleted (and the scores tweet) it. Where was all the dunking on the leafs when they choked eh? Not supporting the Oil one bit but you choose to dunk on the 4th last team playing over the team that has been victory less in almost 20 years is pretty unprofessional hence why they deleted the tweets. With all the outrage with the sports betting ads spam and to alienate a fanbase Rogers PR has their hands full these days.  

0F499DE9-3172-4D61-AD6E-1592055A162D.webp

1B20EC2D-8A9C-4685-BFC0-290E519F7D39.jpeg

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

That's actually a good idea. 

Mcdiver to NJ.

For

23' first

Holtz

Bahl

Severson

( probably more )

Then flip the #2 to minni for #24, Fiala and some prospect idc who 

Actually draft a goalie.

Profit.

Lucky for us none of this will happen and they will either re sign Kane for big money or go after Kadri lol

• Cheers 1

53 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

Not a fan of Barrie. I get what your saying though, he needs to be sheltered.