The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[WCF] Colorado Avalanche (C1) vs. Edmonton Oilers (P2) | Avalanche win series 4-0

Rate this topic

2022 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Conference Finals  

151 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Avalanche in 4
    • Avalanche in 5
    • Avalanche in 6
    • Avalanche in 7
    • Oilers in 4
    • Oilers in 5
    • Oilers in 6
    • Oilers in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/03/2022 at 12:00 AM

Watched the entire OT, the trophy presentation and the Sportsnet post-game coverage to revel in the Oilers defeat.  Truly awesome.  Glad that my theory that the Stanley Cup wants to return to Canada but only when it can return to Vancouver is still intact.  No Canadian team wins yet again and the chance that we could be the ones to bring the cup home to Canada lives on! 

Edited by CanucksFan8353
  • Cheers 1

47 minutes ago, CanucksFan8353 said:

Watched the entire OT, the trophy presentation and the Sportsnet post-game coverage to revel in the Oilers defeat.  Truly awesome.  Glad that my theory that the Stanley Cup wants to return to Canada but only when it can return to Vancouver is still intact.  No Canadian team wins yet again and the chance that we could be the ones to bring the cup home to Canada lives on! 

The chance that the earth will be swallowed by the sun before a Canadian team wins the Cup again also lives on.

McKinnon stopped a hat trick by Hyman with that knee on knee, a leader with a nasty streak. The Av's have added that edgy play to their mix. Av's are dialed in and they are the team to beat this year. 

With over a week off as well possibly. 

maybe the Oilers should get rid of that crying teardrop in their logo. 

Kinda like how the 'experts' said that the Canucks should alter their downward facing skate. 

Subliminal messaging in logos. 

11 minutes ago, D-Money said:

Then I guess you don’t like hockey. That Avalanche team is a treat to watch.

This is my thought as well. I love the game, and when it is played at a high level it's fun to watch no matter what team is playing. The Avs are so talented and their puck possession so strong that it tends to never get boring because there are great plays all over the ice. I didn't notice this quite as much in the regular season, but those boys came to play.

With all that said, I only truly get geared up and cheering when it's the Canucks. This series was particularly hard for me because I really wanted to cheer for the last Canadian team standing, but it involved one of the two Canadian teams that I simply want to see fall flat on their face.

• Cheers 2

10 hours ago, VegasCanuck said:

Wouldn't blame McDavid for requesting a trade from this $&!# show.

I guess its possible, but who has the assets to give up? not that any deal would satisfy Oilers fans. 

I hope this puts an end to all the "best ever" yap about him tho until he actually carries his team to the cup. 

• Cheers 1

20 minutes ago, D-Money said:

That Avalanche team is a treat to watch.

Even better now that Kadri is out.

MacKinnon is a great player and deserving to win a cup, I am rooting for him and the Avalanche now.

• Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, GB5 said:

Even better now that Kadri is out.

MacKinnon is a great player and deserving to win a cup, I am rooting for him and the Avalanche now.

they are more palatable to watch, but gotta root for Motte. MacKinnon has whined too many times in the media here. 

• Vintage 1

57 minutes ago, JM_ said:

I guess its possible, but who has the assets to give up? not that any deal would satisfy Oilers fans. 

I hope this puts an end to all the "best ever" yap about him tho until he actually carries his team to the cup. 

Arizona has a ton of picks available. plus I think his NMC doesn't kick in till July 1st.( I may be wrong on that point though )

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, grumpyone said:

Arizona has a ton of picks available. plus I think his NMC doesn't kick in till July 1st.( I may be wrong on that point though )

3 firsts this year alone. 

or perhaps.... Jacob Chychun  $4.6 mill (D) + Harri Setari (G) + 2 firsts ?

Setari is a UFA, but I'm sure that they could sign him for less than $4.5 per.

that still leaves Edmonton 3 mill to resign Kane or who-ever

1 hour ago, JM_ said:

Jeez, tough crowd. McDavid carrying that defence and that goaltending this far is as impressive as most guys who actually win Stanley Cups. Because the guys who win always have a stacked team behind them.

How many cups did Gretzky win without a team full of hall-of-fame guys? His “supporting cast” won another one without him, but he never got another without them.

• Upvote 1