The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[WCF] Colorado Avalanche (C1) vs. Edmonton Oilers (P2) | Avalanche win series 4-0

Rate this topic

2022 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Conference Finals  

151 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Avalanche in 4
    • Avalanche in 5
    • Avalanche in 6
    • Avalanche in 7
    • Oilers in 4
    • Oilers in 5
    • Oilers in 6
    • Oilers in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/03/2022 at 12:00 AM

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Still just happy Mike Smith went out like a b&tch.

Can’t stand him. He has an arrogance to him that you don’t see too much in goalies. And it is completely unearned as he hasn’t won crap.

He'd give Greg Louganis (in his prime) a run for his money in any Olympic diving event.

• Cheers 1

25 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

UFA contract vs RFA contract.

Different types of players. Nurse is also one heck of a player. Played with a very serious injury in playoffs. I'd love to have him on the Canucks. 

Not on that contract. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

29 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Different types of players. Nurse is also one heck of a player. Played with a very serious injury in playoffs. I'd love to have him on the Canucks. 

At 9.25 per? I don't know...

54 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Both were RFA’s I believe.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, NucknAsia said:

Ok but you said prior deal....he's willing to take a discount but instead of 12 or 13 he'll still take 10 lol. No chance he won't be the highest paid on the team. Perhaps they sign him for 8 years to stretch the AAV but ...

I wouldn't be shocked to see him take like.. 10-10.5M, especially if they win. Isn't he on record saying he'd take less?

58 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

The Mike Smith special.

48 minutes ago, Muttley said:

If Doughty had been healthy they likely wouldn't have even beaten the Kings.

32 minutes ago, Cromeslab said:

The Tampa/Rangers could take awhile.Avs get lots of rest curse or blessing?.......

Possibly, Tampa looks vulnerable though. Especially without Point. Dunno if the Rags could keep up with the Avs speed.

Either way, I'm hoping that series goes six or seven and they beat the hell out of each other. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

1 hour ago, JoshuaGuy said:

So NYR went 6-7 in the power play in 2 games. Oof.

Gotta be a typo, since the Rangers only scored 5 goals in those 2 games (assuming the 2.5 GA/g is correct)

Edited by Kragar

30 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I wouldn't be shocked to see him take like.. 10-10.5M, especially if they win. Isn't he on record saying he'd take less?

If Doughty had been healthy they likely wouldn't have even beaten the Kings.

Possibly, Tampa looks vulnerable though. Especially without Point. Dunno if the Rags could keep up with the Avs speed.

Either way, I'm hoping that series goes six or seven and they beat the hell out of each other. 

Yup Rags 3rd is killing Tampa so far

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, WHL rocks said:

Parayko blows away Nurse and can actually play defence. He’s signed at $6.5 million. Nurse isn’t even worth that much. 

• Cheers 2

7 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

Yes, you are correct.

Nurse is still not worth 9.25 million though, not from anything I've ever seen him do. 

3 million for his play, 3 million for playing in that dump of a city, and 3.25 for playing his prime years on an AHL team.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

It seems as though all teams look good until they either run out of gas or meet a team who nullifies their top qualities. The Oilers looked pretty average against LA who really grinded them down defensively. Then they looked like world beaters against Calgary - whether this was purely because they got an extra kick out of the BoA or Calgary's defence was in shambles without Tanev is hard to tell. Finally they play a pretty healthy Avs team who have good offence, defence and goalies and they get embarassed. 

Obviously Edmonton need to defend better as a team and their goaltending is atrocious. Smith is not the answer and they should be embarassed for thinking that they can ride him through the regular season and playoffs. He's no Tim Thomas. They need to build around a star young goalie the way the Canucks are, but the second best option is a massive UFA signing or trade. He's let in 3 or more goals in the last 6 games. 2 shutouts against a not-playoff-worthy Kings team means nothing when he got battered by a fairly weak Calgary offence and then shredded against a real team in Colorado.

In the off-season Edmonton have to look at getting a solid shutdown defenceman and goalie. They've got 7M in cap space, a lot of players to re-sign but if I were them I'd do some restructuring. 

5 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

It seems as though all teams look good until they either run out of gas or meet a team who nullifies their top qualities. The Oilers looked pretty average against LA who really grinded them down defensively. Then they looked like world beaters against Calgary - whether this was purely because they got an extra kick out of the BoA or Calgary's defence was in shambles without Tanev is hard to tell. Finally they play a pretty healthy Avs team who have good offence, defence and goalies and they get embarassed. 

Obviously Edmonton need to defend better as a team and their goaltending is atrocious. Smith is not the answer and they should be embarassed for thinking that they can ride him through the regular season and playoffs. He's no Tim Thomas. They need to build around a star young goalie the way the Canucks are, but the second best option is a massive UFA signing or trade. He's let in 3 or more goals in the last 6 games. 2 shutouts against a not-playoff-worthy Kings team means nothing when he got battered by a fairly weak Calgary offence and then shredded against a real team in Colorado.

In the off-season Edmonton have to look at getting a solid shutdown defenceman and goalie. They've got 7M in cap space, a lot of players to re-sign but if I were them I'd do some restructuring. 

Agreed except for the Calgary bit, that wasn't a weak offense 

6th in goals scored and 10th on the powerplay during the regular season, Calgary's issue was Tanev wasn't 100% and they played into a style of play Edmonton thrived on