The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A Brief Peer-Comparative Study Amongst 2022 Draft Eligible Prospects

Zfetch

uh, you said "brief"  just kidding! :P

This was very interesting and it's odd that so many rankings have some of these players so low. Dumais, for example is ranked low, maybe because he's 5'8", but Savoie is only 5'9" and he's in the Top 10. Seeing Howard ahead of Cooley, and in a group with McGroarty, Nazar, Gauthier and Snuggerud.

Nice list of notable players though, I'll be keeping an eye on them.

• Huggy Bear 1

44 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

uh, you said "brief"  just kidding! :P

This was very interesting and it's odd that so many rankings have some of these players so low. Dumais, for example is ranked low, maybe because he's 5'8", but Savoie is only 5'9" and he's in the Top 10. Seeing Howard ahead of Cooley, and in a group with McGroarty, Nazar, Gauthier and Snuggerud.

Nice list of notable players though, I'll be keeping an eye on them.

Savoie was known about for many years now, Dumais has suddenly come on to the scene as a QMJHL rookie. His coach says:

Favreau said there are several reasons why Dumais has flown “under the radar” by NHL Central Scouting. He said his high-scoring forward entered the QMJHL as a rookie after playing south of the border, meaning many people didn’t know about him. He also said his game has only recently skyrocketed, and maybe many NHL scouts had already ranked him as being outside the first round.

“He’s really the one leading the way, so I think he’ll have a strong NHL career at some point,” Favereau said.

As his coach said, he was a late bloomer...showing up for 25pts in his last 10 games for instance.

Via the athletic:

Screenshot_20220605-120419.jpg.f1741a6c85918328d2089ad0576b27dc.jpg

Edited by Zfetch
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Nice post. Much appreciated. :)

And I do love me a “cheeky” subheading:

Hit it From the Back: A Review of Defenders

:lol:

I gotta 'second that emotion'.

A little humour to lighten up a detailed read.

Well done; thanks again.

• Vintage 1