The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Blue Jackets re-sign Jack Roslovic

1 hour ago, N7Nucks said:

I'd like to introduce you to Thatcher Demko and even Bo Horvat's current contract. AND JT Miller's contract, but we didn't sign him to it.

Ha! Yes... Demko is a good one.. even his agent didn't expect him to nail the #1 job and sustain the form.

Highly doubt Bo, Boeser and Milsy will give us a nice discount though... gonna be a long overhaul this summer!!

2 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

I'd like to introduce you to Thatcher Demko and even Bo Horvat's current contract. AND JT Miller's contract, but we didn't sign him to it.

Schenn's deal as well; for 850K he was excellent value. I'm not sure what kind of player people think Roslovic is, but this is closer to fair than a steal.

10 hours ago, JM_ said:

interesting, I wonder why they didn't bet longer on him? good player and wants to be there. 

He was a healthy scratch at times early in the season where they felt they had better options ahead of him.  He was even believed to be on the trade block.  Then Jenner injured his back in early March and was done for the season, and Roslovic moved up and did well (19pts in 24 games with 12 goals).

Kekaleinen's explanation:

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Mustard Tiger said:

2 year is not good value, sounds like a walk to ufa so he can gtfo of Ohio lol

I mean the guy was only born in Ohio lol. I thought I recall he was wanting to be traded there?

• Cheers 1

It's wild how Dubois has 36 goals (80 points), Laine 36 goals (77 points), and Roslovic 34 goals (79 points) in the two seasons since the trade. 

For comparison sake, in the two seasons before Laine had 58 , Dubois 45 and Roslovic 21.

Very interesting trade.

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, mll said:

He was a healthy scratch at times early in the season where they felt they had better options ahead of him.  He was even believed to be on the trade block.  Then Jenner injured his back in early March and was done for the season, and Roslovic moved up and did well (19pts in 24 games with 12 goals).

Kekaleinen's explanation:

feels like a slow breakup to me. 

On 6/8/2022 at 7:25 AM, JM_ said:

feels like a slow breakup to me. 

Roslovic is from Columbus and was part of the Laine/Dubois trade. I think they're gonna give him every shot to let him earn a bigger extension after this bridge. Apparently he's a fan favorite in Columbus because he's one of the first locals to make it to the NHL and actually play for the Blue Jackets.