The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Major Changes Coming, Country Club Atmosphere ~ Shannon and Kypreos

2 hours ago, NucknAsia said:

Interesting comments from John Shannon and Kipper today. Say JR is going to massively overhaul the team, he doesn't like the room, its a country club. Core is Petey, Hughes, Demko. Not that this wasn't evident but its the first time we are now hearing from "real insiders" that things are happening....and not tinkering at the margin with players like Poolman and Pearson.

Bo is a maybe

Boeser they won't pay

Miller who knows

Team will look DRASTICALLY different in 6 months and expect major changes including moves at the draft....

https://twitter.com/GradySas/status/1535336894434660353?s=20&t=iyF3Gd32xm3fU3LZroyHZQ

I would not read into any of that ridiculous conversation.. We all know new management want to make cap room and try and move some expensive contracts..

Miller - moved if they can't sign  under 8 million..

Myers - try and move 6 million but need to find RD that can fill his tough role playing over 20 minutes-- Might have to retain 1 million

Garland -- Possible if goos deal happens

Boeser-- Possible will try and AAV 3 yrs X 6.5 million..

Horvat. - Lock up 7yrs X 7 million

No way there will be big turn over..I have heard way more good things about Canucks group being good.. 

McCCown and Shannon made it sound awful... I read zero into there gossip...

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

7 minutes ago, NucknAsia said:

They never said we're trading 1/2 the team. That's your interpretation. They said country club atmosphere, that JR has issues with the leadership in the room, and that there will be moves that surprise people.

Fair, not half, but some (Inc media) are acting like they are going to trade all these “bad” contracts (3-4 of them), plus now a some surprise core players because of this so called country club atmosphere. Yeah, okay. First, you have to believe this narrative the media is spinning and I’m just saying they’ve been proven wrong more often then not and that some need to stop getting worked up re: things that haven’t happened / what the media is spewing…that is all! 

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

If we are trading away guys and rebuilding we should trade Demko.  His value to several teams (his contract is amazing) would create a bidding war.  The return would be incredible.  

Try and find another top 10 goalie? Would never trade Demko he can win games? Try and find a goalie to replace Demko ? No teams want to trade there #1 Goalie if there contenders..Without Demko Canucks are in trouble. Vancouver want to try and make playoffs and they need Demko..

Players Vancouver will not move...Demko - Hughes - Petey ...

1. Demko  - 2. Hughes -3. Petey -4. Horvat - 5. Podkolzin 20 - 6. Boeser 7. Garland

Miller trade for good return ...

1 minute ago, wildcam said:

Try and find another top 10 goalie? Would never trade Demko he can win games? Try and find a goalie to replace Demko ? No teams want to trade there #1 Goalie if there contenders..Without Demko Canucks are in trouble. Vancouver want to try and make playoffs and they need Demko..

Players Vancouver will not move...Demko - Hughes - Petey ...

1. Demko  - 2. Hughes -3. Petey -4. Horvat - 5. Podkolzin 20 - 6. Boeser 7. Garland

Miller trade for good return ...

If we are trying to do a deep diving rebuild Demko is damned good for that to happen.  He will steal wins and keep us finishing 8-15.  If JR is rebuilding then trade Demko now, so we can draft top five for sure, and reap the benefits of the bidding g war for his services.  

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Alflives said:

If we are trading away guys and rebuilding we should trade Demko.  His value to several teams (his contract is amazing) would create a bidding war.  The return would be incredible.  

That's a good way to self destruct, empty out the building and alienate fans.

Imagine the thread on this board 

DEMKO TRADED. 

3 minutes ago, erkayloomeh said:

That's a good way to self destruct, empty out the building and alienate fans.

Imagine the thread on this board 

DEMKO TRADED. 

What’s the point of trying to do a deep dive rebuild with a goalie who is too good to let us draft top 5?

If JR is truly going to trade away guys including Miller and Bo, and rebuild, then move Demko too.  

1 hour ago, Dazzle said:

You are part of the problem with this toxic fanbase.

Comments like the above are absolutely trash. You should be ashamed of yourself for not evolving beyond your subhuman sensibilities. The Sedins were not the problem, and neither was Naslund.

Both these players had played a long time in the NHL at high levels. You are not "soft" at those levels. Get out of here with your garbage.

No .

You are a bigger part of the problem,  your “paddy cake” complaining is pathetic,  and your “Love” of a few romantic moments with your favourite players should be tattooed on your arm.

Soft IS Soft,  and what is noble and right to you does not win a Stanley Cup Ever.

Please go and enjoy some Bantam Hockey at your local rink with some buttered popcorn and your favourite Blanket.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DeltaSwede said:

I mean, it wasn't long ago that JR was very clear about the club wanting Bo to be here long-term. Brock would only get moved if they are way off in terms of the next contract and JT seems like the most obvious big name to be traded. 

I am not buying much if any of the speculations coming from the media when management are consistently contradicting what is being written or said. 

Changes are coming, for sure, but this is just clickbait stuff. 

Absolutely right.  This stuff is only fooling people who haven't heard Rutherfords interviews.  He has given no indication of cleaning house.  Why would he go into great detail with a plan that is totally sensible several times to the fan base only to change his mind and take a completely different approach later.  He would look like an unhinged wing nut.  This report is craperola!

Besides, Rutherford has also said time and again that Allvin is the GM and will be making ALL OF THE DECISIONS and that Rutherford himself is an ADVISOR.

I expect changes and I can't wait to see them.  These changes are going to set the stage for the future of the Canucks.   

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, wildcam said:

I would not read into any of that ridiculous conversation.. We all know new management want to make cap room and try and move some expensive contracts..

Miller - moved if they can't sign  under 8 million..

Myers - try and move 6 million but need to find RD that can fill his tough role playing over 20 minutes-- Might have to retain 1 million

Garland -- Possible if goos deal happens

Boeser-- Possible will try and AAV 3 yrs X 6.5 million..

Horvat. - Lock up 7yrs X 7 million

No way there will be big turn over..I have heard way more good things about Canucks group being good.. 

McCCown and Shannon made it sound awful... I read zero into there gossip...

Dude you just said

Miller, Myers, Garland, Boeser

Then say 

There won't be big turn over

That's 3 top 6 players

And a top 2 D (on our team)

That would qualify as big turn over imho

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

So I checked the all-knowing Internet to see what a "country club atmosphere" means, and what I found is that a country club atmosphere is an environment with reduced workloads and low expectations. Basically, we have a bunch of slackers. Imho, that's usually on coaching, but since the coach has been replaced, it's now on the players especially the team captain. I just know how JR can keep Bo and call the atmosphere a country club atmosphere at the same time...

6 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

No .

You are a bigger part of the problem,  your “paddy cake” complaining is pathetic,  and your “Love” of a few romantic moments with your favourite players should be tattooed on your arm.

Soft IS Soft,  and what is noble and right to you does not win a Stanley Cup Ever.

Please go and enjoy some Bantam Hockey at your local rink with some buttered popcorn and your favourite Blanket.

The Twins and Naslund were not soft players.  They were incredibly tough.  When Fon Cherry was asked who the toughest player was on his “Big Bad Bruin’s” team, he answered “Jean Ratelle”.  He clarified his response by saying that Ratelle carried the puck and controlled the game even though he took a beating while doing so.  Cherry said that was what being tough was.

The Twins and Naslund were Don Cherry’s definition of tough.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, rekker said:

True. JR knows a winner, he's been on a few. Maybe he just doesn't see it in some current players. 

Yup.  JR looks at our top five guys, and compares them to the Cup level teams’ top five guys, and he’s very likely seeing we don’t match up.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, NucknAsia said:

I think its Bo...if they don't like the room, and Bo is the captain, Boeser is a leader....I would not be surprised if its those 2 who are moved. Miller still may be because of his age etc...but saying they don't like the room? That is leadership of the team, that is squarely pointed at Bo and likely Boeser.

I’d be ok with moving Horvat and Boeser. Gotta be some serious assets coming back this way though.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Me_ said:

I’d be ok with moving Horvat and Boeser. Gotta be some serious assets coming back this way though.

For Bo, absolutely.  For Boeser, not so much.  But if we trade Bo, and can’t sign Miller (so trade him too) we are taking a BIG STEP BACK.  

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Same..

Your core becomes 

Hughes

Petey

Demko

Podz

Miller, who becomes the experienced vet you need when we start making runs, likely ends up as your 3c

plus the following for Horvat and Boeser

a young 2c now who takes on the 3c role for now, and moves into 2c as Miller ages

a young RD who's stay at home and physical

a young physical winger

draft picks.

Edited by NucknAsia
  • Like 1