The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Major Changes Coming, Country Club Atmosphere ~ Shannon and Kypreos

14 minutes ago, mll said:

The NHL is all about making money - they probably wouldn't insist to stay in that market if they weren't making money out of it.  Phoenix is one of the largest markets in the US and growing.  If they withdraw it would affect the TV rights and income from global sponsors.

I understand what your saying,.  But they seem more like a poorly run pawn shop established in 1996, than a hockey team.

The advantage for many fans of the NHL is traveling to Phoenix as a “snowbird” or cheap seat vacation venue to watch your favourite team play, than the Coyotes themselves.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I’d be very surprised if there was a country club atmosphere in the Canucks room. Not with Boudreau at the helm. 

There’s probably a nonchalance derived from all of those sage Sedin years of if-someone-slaps-you-around-in-the-playoffs-take-it-like-a-champ-and-don’t-fight-back-even-though-it’s-the-Stanley-cup-finals mentality.

But there’s no way Miller behaves like it’s a country club atmosphere. Perhaps that was his frustration with Green; that things weren’t moving fast enough…

However, these kids including Horvat need a fire pit up their expensive a$$es.

I think Horvat got a good talking to by Boudreau when it was evident who the leader in the room was. Horvat did, however, show up instead of fold. And that’s a great thing.

Edited by Me_
  • Cheers 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

I understand what your saying,.  But they seem more like a poorly run pawn shop established in 1996, than a hockey team.

The advantage for many fans of the NHL is traveling to Phoenix as a “snowbird” or cheap seat vacation venue to watch your favourite team play, than the Coyotes themselves.

Except no cheap seats for the next three years.  Only 3,500 seat rink.  Visiting fans might actually have to pay for their tickets. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, Cromeslab said:

Wow a lot of Bo negativity in this thread.Dont get it,the guy is a hell of a player.

I really like Bo as a player - especially Bubble Bo. If every one is as dedicated to maximizing his talent as Bo is, we would be a perennial playoff team. But if there really is a country club atmosphere and if the reported locker room issues are true, doesn't that speak negatively of how good a captain is? If he's struggling to influence the locker room, should the Canucks find someone else who can do that job? A few Canucks have already said that Bo is very quiet in the locker room. On the other hand, Quinn Hughes has said that JT Miller is the emotional leader of the locker room - should JT be the Captain instead? Would Bo accept that?

Edited by Vinny in Vancouver
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Vinny in Vancouver said:

I really like Bo as a player - especially Bubble Bo. If every one is as dedicated maximizing his talent as Bo is, we would be a perennial playoff team. But if there really is a country club atmosphere and if the reported locker room issues are true, doesn't that speak negatively of how good a captain is? If he's struggling influence the locker room, should we find someone else who can do so? A few Canucks have already said that Bo is very quiet in the locker. On the other hand, Quinn Hughes has said that JT Miller is the emotional leader of the locker room - should JT be the Captain instead? Would Bo accept that?

If Miller is Captain, Bo is already traded.  

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Vinny in Vancouver said:

That's what I think so as well. Who was the last player who happily relinquished his C to a teammate?

Was it "happily", or was it something he recognized as being for the good of the team?

regards,  G.

3 minutes ago, Muttley said:

Still trying to wrap my head around the country club atmosphere comparison. LOL; Maybe he was talking about the promotional fluff where they're all smiling

with big wide grins. The OEL one was so fake looking. Most of them were. Ah, rumors, rumors. No way there's anything like that from; Demko, Hughes, Pettersson, 

Miller, Podkolzin, Horvat. Don't really know what Boeser is like in the room. The statement probably was meant to dumb down the smiles when the cameras are around.

I think Boeser, since he got crush popped into the open door; thanks Virtanen, has been a soft player.  I’d think he’s soft in the room too.  

2 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Coyotes really need to be relocated by the NHL ,  supported by the NHL the Coyotes in Arizona have become a drain to the rest of the teams, the League must be using them as a depreciating write off / asset ?? 

There are a few teams in interesting situations

Sharks - age and big money 

Vegas - age and big money

see where the chips fall by the end of August,

and see what we’ve got ,  hopefully to move ahead with and not take 2 steps back.

Read somewhere that the biggest reason for having a team in Phoenix is because of the TV deal: (not sure, of exact ranking) Arizona is the 8th biggest TV market, in the US

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Read somewhere that the biggest reason for having a team in Phoenix is because of the TV deal: (not sure, of exact ranking) that Arizona is the 8th biggest market.

Read some TV ratings (think on this site) about the Coyotes.  They averaged, during the 20-21 season 14,000 viewers for their games.  So, yes, it’s a big market, but there are NO HOCKEY FANS!  Only 14,000 watching on TV.  Thats a joke.  3,000 seat arena.  That team should be in Quebec City.  

• Thanks 1

On 6/11/2022 at 5:50 PM, King Heffy said:

Well Miller clearly doesnt have the same character issues as Messier, who was the biggest piece of **** in the history of the sport, both on and off the ice.

Wee, he might not be the biggest but who knows how far off?

Neither you or I know $&!# except what we see in front of the camera.

Just now, Timråfan said:

Regrding the comparision between Miller and Horvat.

If both are with us in next years playoff I bet Horvat is a head above Miller.

We’ll see… B)

Regardless, they are awesome to watch.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

Wee, he might not be the biggest but who knows how far off?

Neither you or I know $&!# except what we see in front of the camera.

It is incredibly disrespectful to compare our leading scorer to the laziest piece of garbage to ever play for us.  He is nowhere near as much of a disgrace to the sport as that worthless waste of oxygen.

33 minutes ago, Muttley said:

Still trying to wrap my head around the country club atmosphere comparison. LOL; Maybe he was talking about the promotional fluff where they're all smiling

with big wide grins. The OEL one was so fake looking. Most of them were. Ah, rumors, rumors. No way there's anything like that from; Demko, Hughes, Pettersson, 

Miller, Podkolzin, Horvat. Don't really know what Boeser is like in the room. The statement probably was meant to dumb down the smiles when the cameras are around.

It might depend on the era of jockey you grew up with .

Ive been a Canucks fan since inception to the NHL.… but saw hockey here with the World Hockey League ,  Vancouver Blazers..

Always a tough brand of hockey here,.  Especially led my hometown Stan Smyl..

Linden inherited a bit of that, but was no where near the driver that Stan was.

It went downhill after that really.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Read some TV ratings (think on this site) about the Coyotes.  They averaged, during the 20-21 season 14,000 viewers for their games.  So, yes, it’s a big market, but there are NO HOCKEY FANS!  Only 14,000 watching on TV.  Thats a joke.  3,000 seat arena.  That team should be in Quebec City.  

Yeah, this is what happens when the reasons are not the right one.  As long as, Ratman is incharge the Arizona experiment and others will continue.  So far, the NHL is still a profitable business but in time the same ideas will start turning that around - this is not going to get any better, until the old way of doing business has changed and the internet is the change.

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

3 hours ago, Vinny in Vancouver said:

I really like Bo as a player - especially Bubble Bo. If every one is as dedicated to maximizing his talent as Bo is, we would be a perennial playoff team. But if there really is a country club atmosphere and if the reported locker room issues are true, doesn't that speak negatively of how good a captain is? If he's struggling to influence the locker room, should the Canucks find someone else who can do that job? A few Canucks have already said that Bo is very quiet in the locker room. On the other hand, Quinn Hughes has said that JT Miller is the emotional leader of the locker room - should JT be the Captain instead? Would Bo accept that?

Sadly, for Bo the whole process of naming him as the young Captain was nothing more of a publicity stunt - but not surprising with the mediocrity associated with Aquaman & the last regime (including Green)   Anyways, he was still coming into his own and Tanev would had been a better choice or even a bunch of Assistance - at that time.   Perhaps Green wanted a symbolistic type of Captian, that was young and someone he trusted ?  As for Miller,  he had proven over time he was the right choice cause of his ability to rally the roster.  Hopefully, a successful offseason can help turn the page from the last leadership group..

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Sadly, for Bo the whole process of naming him as the young Captain was nothing more of a publicity stunt - but not surprising with the mediocrity associated with Aquaman & the last regime (including Green)   Anyways, he was still coming into his own and Tanev would had been a better choice or even a bunch of Assistance - at that time.   Perhaps Green wanted a symbolistic type of Captian, that was young and someone he trusted ?  As for Miller,  he had proven over time he was the right choice cause of his ability to rally the roster.

And they kept him as Captain 3 years as a plubicity stunt?

Sarcastic Yeah Right GIF by MOODMAN

Talk about going out of your way to needlessly bash people. :( Good grief lol

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3