The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Andrei Kuzmenko

1 minute ago, NucknAsia said:

Dude...he's signing for 6-7 years at that number, and if its 7 mil the Canucks will have zero issue signing him to that.

If we do extend Miller it's going to be around 7.75 x 7 or 8.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Big move by coach and management, how people were talking about swapping Bruce for anyone is beyond me - driving 6 hours for a stab at a player shows how he bleeds blue.

The obvious move is to play him with Podkolzin but if he's not so much a speedy rush player, I wonder if he'd play well with Petey, maybe even Brock.

Ya this is a hockey ops team. 

JB and con couldn’t even message toffoli they had intent to offer him a contract or not.

No chance we get this done with the previous regimen. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

YAAAA Babyyyy! Just woke up to this, in the land of the rising bun. Dammmnsweeeet! About a wk back I said the lad would sign in Van, IF he had the requisite character to see our potential.

Wellll, let's give that a big, freeken CHECK, eh?!

Welcome to the Canucks Andrei! May you become an absolute Vancouver STAR, befitting of all this attn & hoopla!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NucknAsia said:

He and Podz played together on the same line in Russia. They have chemistry and fed off each other very well. I will be surprised not to see them as wingers on the same line.

I wonder which of our centers would work best with Kuz and Pods on their wings?  Kuz and Pods both have very good vision and playmaking, so I wonder how Bo would do?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Petey

Bo

Miller

Seems like those three guys are pretty good, no?  With Kuzmenko we have several very good wingers, so Miller can stay at center and Petey can too.  

For sure, but if Miller stays isn't it likely he and Petey end up on the same 1st line?

I guess a lineup of:

Garland - Miller - Boeser

Pod - Petey - Kuzmenko 

Pearson - Horvat - Hoglander

Could create some havoc. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, Angry Goose said:

Its first year in the NHL where he was limited to an entry level deal.  

things can easily change after he dips his toe into the NHL

I guess you're not understanding my point. I will clarify it for you.

Yes he can only sign a one year deal, so everyone has to pay him the same for this year

But, if his goal was simply to get the maximum second contract he can, he would undoubtedly sign with a team that can allow him to rack up points such that he can get a huge deal after this coming season right?

Where would your best bet be to do that? Would it be on the Canucks? Or being promised to play top 6, and top PP time with McDavid and Draisatl. Clearly the latter.

His decision shows that his sole priority isn't to max his next contract, its to go somewhere where he likes it and can potentially see a future.

Just now, da_hool said:

Does Kuzmenko become a UFA again after his 1 year ELC expires?

Yes but him signing here was basically his top choice so we would be his number 1 choice to resign here 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

28 minutes ago, Maddogy said:

Not as deft as Hoglander, possibly better defensively, a heavier shot, speed is comparable so not particularly fast. 

Top 6 or bottom 6 ?  Don't know too much about him, but the hyped train seems to showcase a player that is similar to Kaprisov.  Same stature but not sure, if they are similar in talent ?

Guess, we will have to wait & see.