The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Andrei Kuzmenko

Just now, Alflives said:

How do we get Pulock?  Ya, he’s great, but that would cost us a lot more than Brock, no? 

Its just a baseline to a deal, I don't know to be honest. But giving barzal ( their only young star outside of dobson ) a well know goal scoring 1st liner... Could be pretty intriguing. Dobson took RP's spot and is a RFA... lacking depth and money. If they can move some money out and adding depth in other trades ect i could see them interested 

• Vintage 1

7 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Its just a baseline to a deal, I don't know to be honest. But giving barzal ( their only young star outside of dobson ) a well know goal scoring 1st liner... Could be pretty intriguing. Dobson took RP's spot and is a RFA... lacking depth and money. If they can move some money out and adding depth in other trades ect i could see them interested 

Lou Lam did give up Toews for two seconds.  If we could get the draft capital, it would be fantastic to get a partner for Quinn like Makar has with Toews.  We did have Tanev, but our moron GM thought spending more for Schmidt was wiser than keeping Tanev.  

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Lou Lam did give up Toews for two seconds.  If we could get the draft capital, it would be fantastic to get a partner for Quinn like Makar has with Toews.  We did have Tanev, but our moron GM thought spending more for Schmidt was wiser than keeping Tanev.  

It's okay, We are only looking ahead now. I seriously think having a set of hall of fame balls of steel at the helm who know all these franchises and the people who run them will seriously start giving us value in trades

Hockey news filled off-season pleaaase! Lol

1 hour ago, Jaimito said:

He said it too in the video with Don Taylor too, in the link above. 

Apparently, all you can eat sushi was a plus too. J/k 

Daniel Gee will be the person who put the video together of AK ,  that apparently was well received by AK himself.

ive been following Mr Gee for 4 or 5 seasons now,.   His opinions are keen,  obviously he puts a lot of time into this.

He especially follows a lot of Canuck Prospects.

Scouting seems to be something he is passionate about,  I’d love to hear that the Canucks would like to include him with their scouting staff.

Here is the Vid that Mr Gee put together that Kuzmenko felt appreciated for ,..

Originally posted in May..

Do follow Gee … 

and AbbyCanuck2

Edited by SilentSam
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

On 6/20/2022 at 12:23 PM, grumpyone said:

we really need this team to recreate those iconic team photos from the 80's ie: gangster look 

It would be so good to update it to a KGB look photo. what with the Russians signing here. 

or maybe it's just me that liked those 

I have one of the gangster framed pics. I love it :)

Just going to add to my above posts,

Daniel Gee offers better insight to the potential of up and coming players than any of the so called “Sports Journalists “ in Vancouver.

All that are radio or pod cast profiles in this city only spew opinions to argue over without any insight to a hockey player other than charted analytics, fantasy and hand crafted b.s. from the last beer and barbecue they went to.

They put little time into their work other than that.

On the other hand you might find Gee is a realist,  presently going through the Draft potential this season and sees a D man that might be available at the 15 slot ..

54 minutes ago, Alflives said:

How do we get Pulock?  Ya, he’s great, but that would cost us a lot more than Brock, no? 

Mayybe brock n a third..i think its a pretty good trade off actualy. The isles could use a goal scorer nucks could use a good D man

Edited by Rackdawg

On 6/20/2022 at 10:57 AM, Muttley said:

Obviously some of these goals are easy peasy but the guy has a great release that WILL score plenty of goals at the NHL level. Good on Alvin but really good on 

Bruce Boudreau as well. He's a firecracker and a tremendous judge of talent and how that talent will translate into his system..

https://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks/did-the-canucks-just-sign-coveted-russian-free-agent-andrei-kuzmenko

that clip at 6:05, whata fail lol

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Imo we need a 1st and 2nd pair RHD. The godsend for huggy, and a really really stable guy for OEL. I think it's worth it to find those guys. A super stable  reliable top 4 along with that franchise goalie could take places alone.

The wildcard may be if someone's willing to give up value for Myers. I don't mind him but already having 15m on 2 guys... having another 6 in Myers PLUS trying to add a godsend RHD is not really feasible 

Need to start by stealing Brock Faber from the Kings :ph34r:

2 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

You want another small dman on this club?  No thanks.

We need to get bigger back there.

Eh. Probably would’ve agreed to this 10 years ago but not in the new NHL. 

• Like 1