The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Poolparty wants out again

30 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Neither Bouchard nor Barrie belong in the NHL until they learn how to play acceptable defence.  Both are massive liabilities.

Poolman can handle bottom pairing minutes, unlike those two useless pieces of garbage.

Oh man....ok. 

So there's this thing called offensive defenseman and defensive defenseman - been this way for a long time now. That's why teams have BOTH. That's why Hughes plays with Schenn. 

Some will put up lots of points and run powerplays but never be shutdown defensive players. Most see that as ok as long as they run a powerplay well and contribute offensively. You take the great with the not so great. For years that was the knock on Hughes, and you probably weren't saying he doesn't belong in the NHL because he's not great defensively yet, were you?

Some will stay at home and kill penalties and not put up many points

Some will be on the powerplay units and put up points regularly

So, one doesn't put up many points but plays well in his own end, and one puts up lots of points and not play as well in his own end..

You're comparing apples to oranges. Bouchard is 22 and still working on his defensive game but is leaps and bounds more talented than Poolman and will have a much longer and prolific career than him too. I shouldn't' need to say that.....

Edited by Harold Drunken

Latest On Jesse Puljujarvi

July 5th, 2022 at 8:37pm CST • By Josh Erickson

There could be some more movement involving young wingers ahead of the draft. TSN’s Ryan Rishaug reports that there are now as many as four teams kicking tires on Edmonton Oilers Jesse Puljujarvi, but further suggests that the return heading to Edmonton will be “marginal.”

It certainly doesn’t appear to be gearing up for a great return on investment for the Oilers, who selected Puljujarvi fourth overall in 2016. He’s had some analytically strong performances in recent seasons, especially when playing with the Oilers’ top players, but a late-season injury and unlucky playoffs tanked his trade stock. While he did have a solid 14 goals and 36 points in 65 games this year, he had just three points in 16 playoff games, earning the ire of the Oilers fanbase.

Counted on to be a solid complementary player, Puljujarvi screams “talent that will succeed in a different system,” but he really hasn’t shown enough offensive ceiling at the NHL level for Edmonton to recoup first-round level value. With a relatively small amount of teams in the market for his services too, it’s just not looking good for Edmonton to make a winning trade to move on from the Finnish winger.

6 minutes ago, JL44 said:

Is Poolman, Dickinson and a 2nd the new Ballard Raymond and a 2nd????

no because Ballard, Raymond and a 2nd would be a big overpayment for Poolman, Dickie and a 2nd. 

• Like 2

Is anyone ready to call Bison King a bust yet? Probably too early, but I wouldn't want anything to do with him at this point based on his history and wanting out multiple times. This suggests to me that he wanted guaranteed ice time regardless of performance and contributions which is a giant red flag. As a fourth overall pick you would have expected this guy to have his role cemented on that team by 24.

2 hours ago, Harold Drunken said:

But King Heffy said Poolman was better than Bouchard and Barrie. Surely teams would give up assets for him :P

tbh when Poolie is healthy he probably is better act actual defending in his own zone than those two. 

• Upvote 1

I still think Pullijarvi can pull it together. He is just not effective off the rush like McD and Drai like too play. He will fit in somewhere with a playmaking centre that can cycle the puck and requires some size on the wing. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JM_ said:

tbh when Poolie is healthy he probably is better act actual defending in his own zone than those two. 

For sure, purely from a checking standpoint. That doesn't mean he's better than them lol. Better at checking vs. better player is a complety different argument.  From an overall talent, puck handling, value to his team, contributing standpoint it's not even close. I don't think any GM's are taking Poolie over Bouchard.

Schenn, Burroughs are better at checking than Hughes, doesn't mean they are better players.

If Poolie was so sound defensively, he would never be a healthy scratch. This tells me even his defensive play is hit and miss. He's a fish out of water with the puck on his stick, which is problematic when you play professional hockey.

Edited by Harold Drunken
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, Harold Drunken said:

For sure, purely from a checking standpoint. That doesn't mean he's better than them lol. Better at checking vs. better player is a complety different argument.  From an overall talent, puck handling, value to his team, contributing standpoint it's not even close. I don't think any GM's are taking Poolie over Bouchard.

Schenn is better at checking than Hughes, doesn't mean he's a better player.

If Poolie was so sound defensively, he would never be a healthy scratch. This tells me even his defensive play is hit and miss. He's a fish out of water with the puck on his stick. 

its the migraine thing, you just don't know if you're going to lose him to IR at any given point. 

2 hours ago, Harold Drunken said:

But King Heffy said Poolman was better than Bouchard and Barrie. Surely teams would give up assets for him :P

I wouldn't give up assets for Edmonton's AHL trash.  Both of those pylons have negative value.  Poolman can probably still get a late pick from a team as desperate as Edmonton, which is roughly the same value as Poolparty.  The Oilers can't go another season without a single RD that belongs in the NHL.

Just now, King Heffy said:

I wouldn't give up assets for Edmonton's AHL trash.  Both of those pylons have negative value.  Poolman can probably still get a late pick from a team as desperate as Edmonton, which is roughly the same value as Poolparty.  The Oilers can't go another season without a single RD that belongs in the NHL.

Haha, ya ok. 

9 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Your logic = Poolman is better at checking than Hughes (which is probably true) so that means by default he's a better player and worth more to an organization.

Before you say you never said that, you can use the same logic with Bouchard, who is a better player, contributes more, is more talented and worth more to any organization then Poolman ever will be.

Your take on this is insane. 

Edited by Harold Drunken

Just now, Harold Drunken said:

Your logic = Poolman is better at checking than Hughes (which is probably true) so that means by default he's a better player and worth more to an organization.

Before you say you never said that, you can use the same logic with Bouchard, who is a better player, contributes more and worth more to any organization then Poolman ever will be.

Your take on this is insane.

Hughes is actually capable of at least playing some defence.  Bouchard's play in his own zone does not even approach an acceptable standard.  You and I simply have different opinions regarding how much of a defensive liability we're willing to tolerate.  Personally, I think any team that allows Bouchard to play a single shift with the way he plays defence is insane.  He's soft, slow, and stupid, and allowing him to play like complete trash sends a bad message to the rest of the team.

Bouchard may put up points but he's an absolutely terrible player.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

Hughes is actually capable of at least playing some defence.  Bouchard's play in his own zone does not even approach an acceptable standard.  You and I simply have different opinions regarding how much of a defensive liability we're willing to tolerate.  Personally, I think any team that allows Bouchard to play a single shift with the way he plays defence is insane.  He's soft, slow, and stupid, and allowing him to play like complete trash sends a bad message to the rest of the team.

Bouchard may put up points but he's an absolutely terrible player.

Yeah agree to disagree I guess.

I'd be willing to circle back in 2-3 years (as he's only 22) and promise you with some more NHL coaching his play in his own end will likely improve. But ya never know Heffy.

1 minute ago, Harold Drunken said:

Yeah agree to disagree I guess.

I'd be willing to circle back in 2-3 years (as he's only 22) and promise you with some more NHL coaching his play in his own end will likely improve. But ya never know Heffy.

Even if it improves, it's still unlikely to ever make him anything other than a total liability with his laziness and lack of hockey sense.  I had the misfortune of seeing this bum play during the WJHC and selection camp.  He preferred to disgrace his country by not even trying to minimize how much he handicapped the team with his defensive play.  At no point in his career has he ever shown any hope that he'll figure it out.

On 7/5/2022 at 2:53 PM, Harold Drunken said:

hahahahhaha.

Poolman better than  Bouchard and Barrie? 

You are living in pure delusion Heffy. That's insane lol I'm convinced you are trolling at this point. 

Some people believe what they want to believe, no matter how far from reality it is.

• Cheers 1