The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks re-sign Brock Boeser

26 minutes ago, coryberg said:

Or what he went through last season. It's amazing he could function as well as he did.

No kidding.. Guy was going through one of the toughest periods of his life last year. He's a resilient young man though, I think he's going to come back more like 20/21 Boeser next year.

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, kanucks25 said:

Nah, it wasn't that bad. His plan was just awful because he was simply not qualified for the position.

Literally the entire hockey world knows this as a fact except a small segment of Canucks fans that are determined to keep their head in the sand. Why, I'll never know.

A team on the decline and aging out with one roster player under 27 worth keeping and a barren farm team isn't the worst starting position you've seen? Name it. I'd be envious of expansion teams. 

1 minute ago, Baggins said:

A team on the decline and aging out with one roster player under 27 worth keeping and a barren farm team isn't the worst starting position you've seen? Name it. I'd be envious of expansion teams. 

No interest in rehashing the same argument I've been having for 8 years. The house cleaning was the vindication.

Along with the fact that it'll take 2 more seasons to fix the cap after accomplishing pretty much nothing for 8 seasons says quite enough.

The proof could not be anymore in the pudding. If you don't want to accept that, so be it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Petey_BOI said:

explain how ferland helps vegas "win now"

We take Brossoit back, they clear that cap, they're already going to be in LTIR with the Weber contract, they get an extra $3.5m LTIR to use.

Great deal.  I hope Brock can mentally reset after losing his father. Personally it took me years to realize how much losing my dad affected me.  Brock is such a character guy but also a family guy, this could affect him for years.  I'm pulling for you Brock, you're a great guy who had life deal you a $&!# hand.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, aGENT said:

We take Brossoit back, they clear that cap, they're already going to be in LTIR with the Weber contract, they get an extra $3.5m LTIR to use.

you never seem to get how ltir works.

ferland will still count against the cap, infact it can NEVER gain you extra cap only less.

1 hour ago, Xanlet said:

@aGENT A neutral website has this contract as an over payment. I am not a troll for suggesting that this contract therefore harms the team's chances of making the playoffs. All that matters in this modern NHL is value per cap hit dollar. That's it. If one team gets more value from their cap, they will make the playoffs. If another team gets less value from their cap, they will miss the playoffs. It's that simple. Every contract over payment puts us on the losing side of that divide.

JB handcuffed us with that 7.5M QO. We were in a position of weakness for trades and paying that QO would have hurt. This neutral site you speak of also does not recognize that Brock’s mental game was off while dealing with a dying dad this last season (which coincidentally was his worst).

As a Canuck fan, you should be more aware of these important factors and be aware that these sites can’t pick up on when assessing value for contract, 

This contract is good.

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

you never seem to get how ltir works.

ferland will still count against the cap, infact it can NEVER gain you extra cap only less.

I think you missed the Brossoit part...It's not me who doesn't get it.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, grandmaster said:

JB handcuffed us with that 7.5M QO. We were in a position of weakness for trades and paying that QO would have hurt. This neutral site you speak of also does not recognize that Brock’s mental game was off while dealing with a dying dad this last season (which coincidentally was his worst).

As a Canuck fan, you should be more aware of these important factors and be aware that these sites can’t pick up on when assessing value for contract, 

This contract is good.

Meh, Boeser is hardly the only player/Benning the only manager to sign a high QO bridge. League's littered with them. And as I've been saying for a year +, he can always sign for his actual value vs taking his QO...and lookie what happened today.

No it doesn't but I think it speaks to why it is a good contract, I agree.

3 hours ago, CanuckRookieFan said:

It makes 0 sense to move Garland.  He is a cheap singing for a guaranteed 20-25 goal player why move him, he is signed for term under optimum $$ 

We need a RHD and cap space. 

• Vintage 1