The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] John Klingberg to hit free agency

19 hours ago, HKSR said:

If you are looking for offence from the back end, then Klingberg is your guy.

If you are looking for defence from the back end, then Klingberg is not your guy.

So your saying, he’s a fit in Tor or Edm. Where the strategy is, we will let you score 7 and we will try to score 9. Got it..

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, IBatch said:

Seattle has no state tax and needs to build a team.   Klingberg to Seattle is a possibility given they are one of a few teams that can actually give Klingberg what he wants (full term deal), and the money will be the same as if he got the deal in Dallas.    Wouldn't at all surprise me if that is where he lands.    If he wanted to win a cup?   Well there are other places to go.    Money seems to be his major motivation.  

I hear ya there in think Francis has stayed clear of star players unless they had big trade value later I think he just wants to go old school and build through draft kinda blah to watch but understandable 

• Cheers 1

36 minutes ago, Westcoastcanucks777 said:

I hear ya there in think Francis has stayed clear of star players unless they had big trade value later I think he just wants to go old school and build through draft kinda blah to watch but understandable 

Yep.   Think he will do exactly that.   And he knows old school is going to take another 5-6 years.   Of some serious pain.   Vegas was a fluke.    Seattle... by the time our team is past its peak apex with this core they will just be making some noise.    It's like we replaced ARI with Seattle lol.   ARI what a laughing stock they've become, that team needs an exorcism or something.  

6 hours ago, IBatch said:

Yes.   Losing Tanev was a mistake.   Same with Edler but get they'd just be patch, but so was Hamonic!  Manson ... a five year deal would be great for us.   He's in the catbirds seat after holding down COL second pairing and managing Byram (who id also like but then one of those guys needs to play their off side)   ... Manson has been on my most wanted list now for three years. Get trading in your own division is rare for players like him...ANA will miss him for sure. 

I gotta admit, I was one of the few that said we could live without Tanev. Boy was I ever wrong, that crow does not taste good. But yeah, I think with OEL and Hughes on the left side we need cheap-ish shutdown righties instead of overpaid offensive righties like a Klingberg.

17 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

I gotta admit, I was one of the few that said we could live without Tanev. Boy was I ever wrong, that crow does not taste good. But yeah, I think with OEL and Hughes on the left side we need cheap-ish shutdown righties instead of overpaid offensive righties like a Klingberg.

I didn't like the OEL deal but understand why it was done. Letting Tanev walk without getting anything, along with Marky, really hurt the org. Again I understand why Tanev is gone and don't have a big issue with it. Benning thought the Canucks were close to contention whereas Rutherford is far more realistic IMHO. The team is years away from serious contention.  

According to Frank Seravalli, CAR will be joining the mix in attempting to sign Klingberg now as well.

He’s also linking CAR in attempting to swing a deal with STL for Tarasenko 

Edited by RWJC

On 7/7/2022 at 7:47 PM, Harold Drunken said:

We're already spending $28.3 million on our blueline, what's another $7?!

oprah winfrey GIF

I’ve said this before from time to time - but I wish we’d have it like before when salaries were not disclosed. How much players make or how the team works it’s numbers is none of our business. Term might be relevant so fans know how long they’ll be able to enjoy the services of a player but not the $$ numbers. We should be excited about the on-ice product and not about how many dollars are used as long as we ice a team that can make for good entertainment and gets us into the playoffs.

Vancouver, B.C. – Vancouver Canucks General Manager Mike Gillis today announced that the team has re-signed goaltender Curtis Sanford. In keeping with club policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed.