The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jonathan Lekkerimäki | RW

Fanuck

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

The kid reminds me of Mike Bossy. Kind of a skinny looking player who has a great shot and a back for scoring. 

Good lord Alf.  Get out of the house and go to a junior hockey game.  Kids score every day.  They're not all Bossy. Lol.

Thanks for cheerleading for a nux prospect but...Yeesh.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Alf is old and remembers the skinny kid Bossy was. It’s why he wasn’t drafted higher. Lekkerimaki is a very similar player at the same age. 

Alf is old and lovable I will grant you that.  But partner, Bossy was drafted in 1977.  Several months later he joined the Islanders in the NHL and went on to score 91 points as a rookie.

Sadly, Lekk has not had anything remotely like that in his trajectory. But I will hope he improves as I am sure you do.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

23 hours ago, Alflives said:

Alf is old and remembers the skinny kid Bossy was. It’s why he wasn’t drafted higher. Lekkerimaki is a very similar player at the same age. 

Hot take.  But no way.

Bossy was a skinny kid for sure but he had the wrist shot sakic modeled his after.  The kind that comes across once a generation if lucky.  He also has that chop slapper that just wrecked goalies

He is the best and most prolific goal scoring individual in the league for a reason and Jonny boy needs to step his game up 9.4 levels to be classes anywhere near the Boss

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

4 hours ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Anyways, back here on planet earth it's great to see the kid back and making an impact after a real rough year. Seems like Lek may take a little longer to develop, but that's okay, as we're pretty deep on the wing. We can afford to let him marinate. 

Yes, I was so worried about his development. This sure is nice to see. Hopefully he continues to work on his strength and speed in the off-season. I wonder when we will see him in Abby?

On 3/26/2023 at 1:44 PM, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Yes, I was so worried about his development. This sure is nice to see. Hopefully he continues to work on his strength and speed in the off-season. I wonder when we will see him in Abby?

His development wasn't bad, it was the copious amounts of injuries that just couldnt let him get where he wanted to be. His last injury stint was something that allowed him to really hit the gym. His skating is actually quite good and with more lower body strength will only get better. He will most likely do one more season in Sweden, then come over when hes 20 and play in the AHL

On 3/24/2023 at 7:06 PM, Alflives said:

When I first came on this site a couple years ago, man I did not like Alf very much. Then slowly I started to get the schtick. Funniest poster on here. But yeah Lekkerimaki is awesome. Reminds me of a Justin Williams-lite or maybe Milan Hejduk.

• Cheers 3
  • Haha 1

Not really sure what to think about Lek's development.

On one hand you'd love to see a much better season obviously, on the other hand his tools have always been that of an opportunistic & talented 'pure goal scorer'. 

He's had some injury/sickness troubles but had his moments, we'll see where next year takes him.