The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2023 NHL Entry Draft

On 11/9/2022 at 4:59 PM, HighOnHockey said:

https://www.usahockeyntdp.com/watchfivenations

Here's a good example of what I mean at the 26:26 mark. Just steps up and stops the play.

He ended up with a goal and assist this game. Was dominant all over the ice. Arguably the best player in the game except for probably Will Smith, who is just dynamite by the way. Minnetian also played a regular shift on the PK. He was not on the top PP unit, but it's hard to fault him for that as they only use one D with Smith on the other point, and while Minnetian may be the guy you want carrying the puck through the neutral zone, Zeev Buium is simply a genius on the offensive blueline. He'll go very early in 2024.

Yeah I been watching some Will Smith video.

9 points in 5 games so far in the USHL.

31 in 16 in the USDP.

Projected numbers for the season are better than Logan Cooley's last year re PPG.

This vid illustrates both his scoring, set up skills and the work he can do on the boards. 

General consensus among most prospective drafts is mid teens however FC Hockey has him as late as 33. 

Haven't watched all the top current rated picks however I feel he deserves a mention as a potential top ten pick. 

Seriously if I had to pick first overall now it wouldn't be a totally clear choice for me between  Bedard or Fantilli. 

Watched a bit of vid of both players, as has been mentioned what Fantilli is doing playing against men is very impressive.

Combine that with his size.

Still early days.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Ilunga said:

Yeah I been watching some Will Smith video.

9 points in 5 games so far in the USHL.

31 in 16 in the USDP.

Projected numbers for the season are better than Logan Cooley's last year re PPG.

This vid illustrates both his scoring, set up skills and the work he can do on the boards. 

General consensus among most prospective drafts is mid teens however FC Hockey has him as late as 33. 

Haven't watched all the top current rated picks however I feel he deserves a mention as a potential top ten pick. 

Seriously if I had to pick first overall now it wouldn't be a totally clear choice for me between  Bedard or Fantilli. 

Watched a bit of vid of both players, as has been mentioned what Fantilli is doing playing against men is very impressive.

Combine that with his size.

Still early days.

The thing that needs to be emphasized about that 31 in 16 for NTDP though, is that within those totals, he has 5 goals and 11 assists for 16 points in 7 games against NCAA DI teams. 2.28571.

Forget about Logan Cooley who was a little over a p/g, I track NTDP stats vs. DI opponents every year and there's been nothing like this since at least Jack Hughes. Everyone is raving about Fantilli currently sitting at 20 in 10 for 2.0 p/g in his 18 year-old NCAA season, but Smith is besting him at 17 in only a slightly smaller sample size.

I'm certainly not saying Smith is the better prospect than Fantilli, whose size and power game are going to make him a more dangerous total package at the NHL level, but people need to stop sleeping on Big Willie Style.

Worth noting also that Ryan Leonard is 13 in 7 vs. DI schools in his own right. Of course it's not just one of them doing everything and the other is a passenger, and I love Leonard as a prospect for his pro-translatable goal-scoring style and complete 200 foot working-man's game, but it is pretty clear who is the primary offensive creator here.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Hypothetically speaking, if we pick somewhere between 10th-15th and one of Anaheim, Ottawa, or Columbus won the lottery.

Would you trade Pettersson and our pick for the 1st overall pick?

We’ll be able to keep Bo, and have him and Bedard as our 1-2 punch down the middle.

57 minutes ago, shiznak said:

Hypothetically speaking, if we pick somewhere between 10th-15th and one of Anaheim, Ottawa, or Columbus won the lottery.

Would you trade Pettersson and our pick for the 1st overall pick?

We’ll be able to keep Bo, and have him and Bedard as our 1-2 punch down the middle.

Well obviously. But the other team wouldn't even consider it.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, HighOnHockey said:

Well obviously. But the other team wouldn't even consider it.

Columbus and Ottawa makes more sense than Anaheim, judging how aggressive they were in free agency. Both teams are in a win now mode, and need a proven number one center to build around. 

This guy and Johansson could really help shore up our RD

https://www.flohockey.tv/articles/8042640-nhl-college-free-agents-jake-livingstone-leads-list-of-top-available-ufas

6'4 RD. Local kid, pending college free agent. 10 pts in 10 games so far. Get 'er done Allvin.

https://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=197663

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

On 11/8/2022 at 9:59 PM, HighOnHockey said:

https://www.usahockeyntdp.com/watchfivenations

Here's a good example of what I mean at the 26:26 mark. Just steps up and stops the play.

He ended up with a goal and assist this game. Was dominant all over the ice. Arguably the best player in the game except for probably Will Smith, who is just dynamite by the way. Minnetian also played a regular shift on the PK. He was not on the top PP unit, but it's hard to fault him for that as they only use one D with Smith on the other point, and while Minnetian may be the guy you want carrying the puck through the neutral zone, Zeev Buium is simply a genius on the offensive blueline. He'll go very early in 2024.

Love these looks ur getting 

thanks for sharing that 

23 hours ago, KoreanHockeyFan said:

This guy and Johansson could really help shore up our RD

https://www.flohockey.tv/articles/8042640-nhl-college-free-agents-jake-livingstone-leads-list-of-top-available-ufas

6'4 RD. Local kid, pending college free agent. 10 pts in 10 games so far. Get 'er done Allvin.

https://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=197663

I like free prospects ina position in a position of Need 

looks like he’d be a good signing 

On 11/10/2022 at 12:57 AM, Tank4Bedard said:

Michkov is an amazing 2nd/3rd place trophy too 

I could be wrong in saying this but I would take Fantili and Carlsson over Mitchkov.

Bedard

Fantili

Carlsson

Mitchkov

Is the order I would go. The size, position premium of Fantili and Carlsson and their production rates in theiri respected leagues with their physical tools is jus too much for me. 

we need a C like one of them and ofc every team would love them or a bedard. 

im sure Mitchkov is going to be a game breaking winger but he’s still a winger and for our team build / dynamic I think I would have to go with those 3 C before him.

15 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Best p/g by a U18 in WHL since 1986. For those who aren't familiar with Rob Brown, he had one monster NHL season on Lemieux's (199 point season) wing with 49 goals and 115 points. But aside from that he had a good pro career as a top nine forward slash minor league super star. Best prior to that was Reggie "The Riverton Rifle" Leach. Leach was a superstar for Philly on their two Cup runs in the mid-70s, and to this day holds the record for NHL goals in one playoff year (tied with Jari Kurri) with 19.

• Vintage 1