The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2023 NHL Entry Draft

1 hour ago, TheQuietQuitter said:

I like White Spot as a relaxing option.  I never seem to have trouble asking for a channel change sitting at the bar.   Draft starts at 4.  Happy hour ends at 5.  Canucks pick should be done by then.  Sounds perfect to me.

I’ll consider it, thanks. My big thing is I’d like to watch it with sound.

The Canucks used to have draft parties but stopped. I think they should start doing it again.

59 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Canucks Central, Satiar Shah & Dan Riccio:

Mock Draft:

1.   Connor Bedard

2.   Adam Fantilli 

3.   Will Smith

4.   Leo Carlsson 

5.   David Reinbacher

6.   Matvei Michkov

7.   Ryan Leonard 

8.   Dalibor Dvorsky 

9.   Zach Benson 

10. ASP

11. Nate Danielson 

As much as many talk about Danielson's upside, I don't know if he's the BPA at 11th, even if we're not taking a defenseman. 

I still want Simashev, then Wallinder. If neither are available that means one of those 10 names before 11th are available and I'd pick that player (except maybe ASP). 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, canuckwings said:

As much as many talk about Danielson's upside, I don't know if he's the BPA at 11th, even if we're not taking a defenseman. 

I still want Simashev, then Wallinder. If neither are available that means one of those 10 names before 11th are available and I'd pick that player (except maybe ASP). 

I thought of that too, he seems raw and there could be a big upside, but also the opposite. 

Safer picks might be Dvorsky, Simashev, Wood, Barlow 

52 minutes ago, canuckwings said:

Where is Danielson playing next year ? 

1 minute ago, Goalie Interference said:

Is he projected to go that high though? Mock drafts i've seen have him going much later in the 1st round. Sounds to me like he'd be a great option if we were to pick up another 1st--otherwise, we can probably trade down and get him. 

I think he could be this year's Moritz Seider.

There's definitely risk, but I think he's worth a swing at 11th if Reinbacher is gone. 

Chris Faber from canucksarmy thinks very highly of him. He seems to know what he's talking about. 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

Just now, Goalie Interference said:

So would you gamble and trade down? Pick up someone's later-round 1st plus a 2nd? 

Maybe? I think I would trade down no further than 15th though which is Nashville who has seconds to spare. If Simashev is gone there'll likely still be a good player available.

I feel we should just remain at 11th, then we don't have to ask who we could have had if we didn't trade down.

It's all hindsight. I could be very wrong about this - I just want PA to be right. 

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Saw a Nashville-Vancouver trade rumour involving Fabbro and the 1sts. 

If VAN moves back to #15, who would they have in mind in that spot?

ASP

Honzek

Yager

Moore

Sale

?

Would think that would confirm Willander.  Guess it comes down to whether we would trade 11 for Fabbro and Willander.  Definitely tempting as 11 to 15 is pretty close.

2 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Canucks Central, Satiar Shah & Dan Riccio:

Mock Draft:

1.   Connor Bedard

2.   Adam Fantilli 

3.   Will Smith  Leo Carlsson

4.   Leo Carlsson   Will Smith

5.   David Reinbacher  Zach Benson

6.   Matvei Michkov

7.   Ryan Leonard 

8.   Dalibor Dvorsky 

9.   Zach Benson  David Reinbacher 

10. ASP

11. Nate Danielson 

This is pretty much how I see it playing out. Switch Smith and Carlsson and then Reinbacher and Benson and I think thats the list. I think we take Danielson over Willander and Simashev. Even though I would like Simashev.

• Cheers 1

a day out from the draft and I’m really hoping we land Reinbacher/Willander/Dvorsky/Danielson with Reinbacher / Dvorsky very likely off the board and now Willander and Danielson sometimes projected top 10 as well. 

If they’re all gone I’d take Moore or Simashev I guess but a trade down would probably be nice if available.

It’s getting a little nerve wracking.

1 hour ago, Goalie Interference said:

Is he projected to go that high though? Mock drafts i've seen have him going much later in the 1st round. Sounds to me like he'd be a great option if we were to pick up another 1st--otherwise, we can probably trade down and get him. 

I really want Simashev too, but wonder if 11 is better used in a trade down scenario to get a 2nd otherwise offload a contract if around 15-17 is a realistic draft spot for him. I think mgmt would have to see at 11 if there is still 4 or so guys they feel great about in the event simashev gets picked in between.