21 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

VAN's Top 5 Prospects?

1. Hoglander

2. Silovs

3. Willander

4. Lekkerimaki

5. Raty

Not too shabby

Pretty good, but I don't think that's the order with regards to NHL ceiling.  I would think it would be more like:

1. Willander

2. Lekkerimaki

3. Hoglander

4. Silovs

5. Raty

C is our major area of need now, so we really need Raty to take that next step this year.  I think he will.

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Hopefully the Canucks can make a trade this morning to get into the 2nd round. Wouldn't mind a good LW or C, with size, if possible.

Doesn't fully meet a specific need, but wonder if our 3rd, 4th and 6th would allow us to get an early 2nd and snag Cristall?  Higher chance of Cristall making the NHL than those three picks likely.  Maybe I answered my own question.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, philtbc829 said:

Meh Billy Crystal GIF by Tony Awards

Willander....meh...another wait and see project....just pray he doesn't turn out to be Ollie J 2.0.... next up Free Agent frenzy ....let's see if anyone wants to deal with Alvin and his chipmunks...:lol:

So past the fist 2 or 3 picks, EVERY kid in this draft are wait and see prospects...

There are NO guarantees in the draft.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

33 minutes ago, philtbc829 said:

Meh Billy Crystal GIF by Tony Awards

Willander....meh...another wait and see project....just pray he doesn't turn out to be Ollie J 2.0.... next up Free Agent frenzy ....let's see if anyone wants to deal with Alvin and his chipmunks...:lol:

I think they are quite different prospects, OJ was best known for hockey IQ whereas Willander is best known for his skating and athleticism.  Other than the top 3 picks all of these prospects have parts of their game to improve to be meaningful NHL players.  

10 hours ago, CanucksCountry said:

You  clearly have no idea what your talking about if you genuinely think we could have had him in thr 3rd round.

I doubt he would have made it past ~15 OA. 

People taking silly intent rankings WAY to seriously AND ignoring that the draft is better viewed in tiers. Willander was comfortably in that ~10-20 tier of players who could have (and did) go in any order.

Edited by aGENT
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1