The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2023 NHL Entry Draft

1 minute ago, Dazzle said:

So now that Detroit selected Axel Sandin Pellika, we have essentially picked Hronek for him and a high midround 2nd round pick.

Is it worth it?

I don't think so.

Takes value to get Value. Hronek fits our timeline, puts up numbers plays a premium position and is right handed. Pellika isn’t that and the high second pick certainly is t that. 

8 minutes ago, ilduce39 said:

Honestly, though. 

Undersized, scrappy, good two way winger.  Maybe a little less finishing than Benson may project at but yeah.  

Remember when we picked up Garland he was considered to be a great addition.  He’s a good player.  But it’s pretty darn tough to move the needle as an undersized winger - even if you’re a good player.

Garland had like 100 points in the Q. It’s not all about points and flash. Time will tell if Benson is more than that. I am thrilled with Willander personally. 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

More like a stain on humanity's underwear. Guy is a real piece of sh-.

He’s actually the mood that forms on the drawers after they’ve been chucked into a ditch. 

3 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

Sorry bout that. Kinda toxic.

Don’t you ever be sorry, N7……er I mean….Jeremy. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Benson is not Tkachuk

And hopefully Willander is not Juolevi. My comment was more about not taking the BPA and instead drafting for positional need. I get we didn't need another winger, as we have crap ton not only on the roster but waiting in the wings as well.

I liked WIllander's confidence and self-belief based on the SN commentary as he was drafted. We certainly needed a RD in our system who holds real promise. I am happy with the pick. We needed a D or a C and came away with one who appears to have loads of potential!

9 minutes ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

Very intriguing pick for Colorado here. 

Steal of a pick here. Add him to the pile with Makar, Girard, Byram. I had him ranked 8th so steal of the first round here in my opinion.

Edited by HighOnHockey

1 hour ago, Nave said:

Benson is a great prospect, but he didn't fill a need. Willander fills our biggest need.
Buffalo was a good place for Benson; and Vancouver is a good place for Willander. 

Your needs are gonna change in a few years anyways. 

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

He’s actually the mood that forms on the drawers after they’ve been chucked into a ditch. 

Don’t you ever be sorry, N7……er I mean….Jeremy. 

I strongly dislike his pessimistic takes. But I am trying to be less toxic as I get older.

Also

theres-a-name-ive-not-heard-in-many-years.gif

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

Man I wanted Simashev so bad. Arizona had no business drafting him that high.

Im fine with Willander, but man, Benson is going to be an elite talent IMO. At least he’s going to the east.

Feels kinda like the 2017 draft. Wanted Glass or Mitlestadt but we got Petey instead. Hahahaha

Think Willander is going to be a solid pairing option for Hughes hopefully in 2 years.

Also nice he’s going to BU.

• There it is 1

Just now, flickyoursedin said:

So any chance we can’t trade a 3rd and a 4th to get in the 2nd round? Maybe even 2 3rd round picks if they’re targeting a guy at the top of the 2nd round.

I hope so, I wouldn't mind trying to take a swing at Cam Allen, Dower Nilsson, Fisker Molgaard, or that Ziemmer kid outta PG. Cause I live in PG. And that'd be neat. Kalan Lind would be fun, if only for the memes.