The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Alexandre Texier signs in Zurich

2 minutes ago, the harry said:

My home club Zurich Lions has signed Frenchman Alexandre Texier from Columbus, who wants to be near his family who lives in Grenoble. It seems, his contract in Columbus is frozen for one year because of the circumstances.

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to [Signing] Alexandre Texier signs in Zurich
42 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Drugs are so bad.  NHL won’t have this guy, so his drug abuse must be off the charts.  

What are you talking about Alfred?

There’s no indication it has anything to do with substance abuse (yet).

Two of his family members died. He was granted a leave of absence to grieve and try to overcome the loss, but he’s still dealing with the process and depression.  He signed with a team in Zurich so that he can be closer to his family for the upcoming season with hopes it helps him heal. That’s the gist.

The NHL program mentioned covers multiple issues - from substance abuse to mental health. 

"During the past year, I have experienced some personal issues and challenges and I feel I need to be close to my family at this time. I have love and respect for the city of Columbus, the Blue Jackets, and the fans as everyone has always treated me first-class," he said.

"I truly appreciate the support, help and empathy I have received from team management, the coaching staff, doctors, trainers and my teammates. This was a hard decision, but it is the best one for me right now."

Columbus general manager Jarmo Kekalainen also spoke on the situation Wednesday, saying the club will support Texier any way it can as the 22-year-old works through his issues.

"Alexandre Texier and I recently had a very long conversation in which he indicated to me that he was not ready to resume his career in the NHL at this time," Kekalainen said. "While we are disappointed Tex will not be joining us for the 2022-23 season as we anticipated, his mental health and well-being remain our top priority and we will continue to support him in any way we can."

Since making his NHL debut near the end of 2018-19 season, Texier has tallied 22 goals and 49 points with 189 shots in 123 career contests.

Texier started to break loose in 2021-22, setting single-season career highs in goals (11) and points (20) with 12 PIMs and 59 shots-on-goal while averaging 14:36 TOI in 36 games.

Edited by RWJC
  • Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

10 minutes ago, bigbadcanucks said:

Your stupidity and ignorance is overwhelming.

Alf assumes too much too soon sometimes with no filter. He is what he is…A hairball-throated, alien being taking refuge amongst humans who pity his habits but somehow also find him tolerable. He’s a resident loudmouth, but he’s one of our resident loudmouths. And makes very good points on occasion too. Sometimes he’s just trying to stir the pot…

• Cheers 3

1 minute ago, RWJC said:

Alf assumes too much too soon sometimes with no filter. He is what he is…A hairball-throated, alien being taking refuge amongst humans who pity his habits but somehow also find him tolerable. He’s a resident loudmouth, but he’s one of our resident loudmouths. And makes very good points on occasion too. Sometimes he’s just trying to stir the pot…

You are a kind and gentle person...me, not so much.  Thanks for trying to make me understand.  I still stand by my post.

Back to Texier.  I hope the young man can come to terms with his losses and get his pro hockey career back on track.  He seems to have a bright future as an NHL player and it's good to see that he's getting a lot of support from the Blue Jackets management. 

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, bigbadcanucks said:

You are a kind and gentle person...me, not so much.  Thanks for trying to make me understand.  I still stand by my post.

Back to Texier.  I hope the young man can come to terms with his losses and get his pro hockey career back on track.  He seems to have a bright future as an NHL player and it's good to see that he's getting a lot of support from the Blue Jackets management. 

Good on him and the CBJ org for working out an arrangement that hopefully brings that family closer together and keeps him well supported

Edited by RWJC