The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks re-sign J.T. Miller

12 minutes ago, 204CanucksFan said:

Well 'The Few' do represent 'The Many', right?

Jeff Goldblum What GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

Obviously, no player should ever be heckled, chirped or anything like that when out living their lives as private citizens, regardless of whether or not they are with their family. But especially not when out with their family. Very disappointing that some people need that explained to them (no one here obviously, just the people referred to in the tweet)

Yup, don't even chirp them on social media, in public with their family is disgusting. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, canuck73_3 said:

This, I’ve run into Canucks/celebrities before Roddy Piper, London, Ontario band Texas King being the last 2 I have interacted with and the exchange went: “appreciate what you do, nice to meet you have a great day” 

Texas King I have spent a bit more time on both in person and Instagram live but that was the gist of it. 

Heckling a celebrity/athlete is beyond pathetic, even more so in public in front of their family. 

Only a complete knob would do something like that. The kind of person who has needed to be tuned in, and never has been. 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Last I looked,  it was a team sport.

Some if you posters take this way too seriously …

So is it fair to say you won’t be throwing Boeser (or others) under the bus as well??

• Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, BPA said:

I wish he’d get a power skating coach.  He’d do well getting some quick steps to get separation.

I do agree,  perhaps it’s the summer of grieving,   .. and I hope he has put it all in a good place.

“breast pocket next to his heart” as my grandfather would say .

He should,  and hopefully soon,  feel prouder for having a man like his father in his life.

Edited by SilentSam
  • Cheers 1

On 10/23/2022 at 12:07 AM, N7Nucks said:

I hate to be the I told you so guy. But I mentioned Miller's temperment numerous times before he re-signed and had people push back on it. He's not a leader and not a guy that'll dig you out of a tough spot. He's a great player, brings energy and tenacity. But if things aren't going right, he's liable to be a problem and not a solution. We literally seen it last year but for some reason people wanted to make him captain. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he's actually a lockerroom issue. There was video of him and Schenn going at it. It also might not be a coincidence that Boeser has become a shell of himself since Miller got here. They have literally no chemistry and his game has regressed since Miller got here.

We can still trade him before his NMC kicks in, but his value has plummeted these past 5-6 games. Who wants a guy at 7 years making 8mil that looks like this when the ship has holes in it? It's still early, since we do have him and we are locked in with him I want to believe he can turn this around. But I dunno man, he isn't that guy. I been saying it the last couple years. Thinking about that rumored Lundkvist deal has me so sad dude. Lol. I wanted that the moment my eyes read it on my screen. 1st and a RD. What more can you ask for, for a guy that crumbles in the face of adversity?

Honestly, he reminds me of poor man's Todd Bertuzzi.

Miller has the size and strength to play the power forward's game, has soft hands and skills to make good plays and a decent shot. But away from the puck, he is a suspect like Bert. Far too often I see Miller in a no man's land in the defensive zone and making poor decision with the puck in the dzone under pressure.

Bert was my favourite player during the WCE era but I'll be the first to admit that we were going no where with Bert and Nonis did good by getting us Luongo for him ending the  revolving door of subpar goalies. And we will go no where if Miller is the best player on this team. The way forward was so blatantly obvious that it's going to be Petey to lead us to the next step after Petey's 2nd half and why that wasn't clear to the management, I have no idea.

The management did some good work to sign Aman, Joshua, Kuzmenko, and Mikheyev... then they re-signed Miller to that monster contract. Miller at this point is a winger but a winger that doesn't gel with our first line center in Petey. I don't even know what the next 7 years is going to look like.

I hope Miller goes back to the way he played in his first season on the lotto line. But if not, well we could suck bad then at least I hope we finally get lucky and win Bedard.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1