The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PTO] Danny DeKeyser with Canucks

3 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

Yep, we're pretty much out of options. Just have to go with what we got. Could still be a problem in 36 months time as we'll be trying to squeeze blood from a stone as they say.

JR/PA are going to have to get aggressive in shedding salary soon, unless something miraculous happens and Dickie suddenly finds his game and Poolman is healthy and performing like a top 4 d. 

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Goal:thecup said:

Didn't we just do that?

Kept Miller and added Kuzmenko and Mikheyev.

Can we just quit panicking and see what comes of training camp?

No, we didn't just keep everyone and add.

Players come and players go.

Bailley is gone

Chiasson

Hunt

Richardson

Halak

and a few others.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, JM_ said:

JR/PA are going to have to get aggressive in shedding salary soon, unless something miraculous happens and Dickie suddenly finds his game and Poolman is healthy and performing like a top 4 d. 

Soon as they all get to camp, Dickie is going to realize how much better he is than all the guys who aren't gonna make the team, and he'll be back up to 'snuff'.

Poolman is looking pretty good too in the short clips we have seen of both of these guys.

I am positive that we are going to have a great year, starting H-O-T right out of the gate and catching those 5 away teams unawares.

A bunch of Canucks records are going to fall this year and several Canucks are going to have career years.

That last month or so of the season is a cake walk to first in the division and then:

Sweeping GIFs | Tenor

the Greatest Of All Time Sweep!

• Vintage 1

14 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

Soon as they all get to camp, Dickie is going to realize how much better he is than all the guys who aren't gonna make the team, and he'll be back up to 'snuff'.

Poolman is looking pretty good too in the short clips we have seen of both of these guys.

I am positive that we are going to have a great year, starting H-O-T right out of the gate and catching those 5 away teams unawares.

A bunch of Canucks records are going to fall this year and several Canucks are going to have career years.

That last month or so of the season is a cake walk to first in the division and then:

Sweeping GIFs | Tenor

the Greatest Of All Time Sweep!

I've been thinking that the 5 game road trip to start the season might be the most important trip of the year. You know, not to put too much pressure on it :lol:

If they guys gel in camp, come out fierce and do well I can see it really setting these guys up for a confident season.

One thing I've been wondering as well is, have we seen guys practicing before camp this early before? seems like there's a lot of good work happening already.

• Cheers 1

49 minutes ago, gurn said:

No, we didn't just keep everyone and add.

Players come and players go.

Bailley is gone

Chiasson

Hunt

Richardson

Halak

and a few others.

gurn to the rescue again.  Alrighty then!

Key guys for sure. I should have thought about them.

Sorry about that Chief.

Frick'n prickly in here today; DROP THE PUCK!

11 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Those guys have great potential too ;)

I think we’ve upgraded,  quite a bit actually.

I agree.

forward group is looking good, if Kuzmenko has an easy adjustment they are a bit better than good.

The D is still concerning, but if either Hughes or O.E.L. play well on the right side, then the d will be decent.

Need the special teams to be good, and consistent, unlike last season.

Clean up the break outs and this should be a playoff team- except for  injuries to the major core.

• Vintage 1

34 minutes ago, gurn said:

I agree.

forward group is looking good, if Kuzmenko has an easy adjustment they are a bit better than good.

The D is still concerning, but if either Hughes or O.E.L. play well on the right side, then the d will be decent.

Need the special teams to be good, and consistent, unlike last season.

Clean up the break outs and this should be a playoff team- except for  injuries to the major core.

I agree,  I quite excited actually,.  Preseason will be fun to watch.

I’m wondering how Dekeyser has been skating,.  Back injuries usually translate into skating troubles.

Dekeyser was an exceptional skater before the injury,.  Hope he has healed and looking for redemption.

• Cheers 1

On 9/9/2022 at 7:56 AM, Ilya Mikheyev said:

Ex BCHLer!

Don't really see how he would fit in Vancouver OR Abbotsford, but PTO-based camp competition never hurts.

Pretty sure that's the only reason, can't have too much competition for spots available.

He has had some serious injuries so I'd not bet on him. 

Would having him as depth hurt? No but we still have cap worries until something changes, or he's willing to take a 2 way for sure, pretty sure he's here to push and that's it. 

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Hopefully his foot speed gets a bit quicker because right now, it’s a liability. 

He's 32yo and played 547 NHL games.  Are we really expecting him to improve his speed at this point in his career? 

I don't mean to sound negative, but we have to be realistic - he's likely not a step-up from anything we have already - but he could be some depth to keep in Abbotsford for when the inevitable injury happens - and we know it will unfortunately. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

He's 32yo and played 547 NHL games.  Are we really expecting him to improve his speed at this point in his career? 

I don't mean to sound negative, but we have to be realistic - he's likely not a step-up from anything we have already - but he could be some depth to keep in Abbotsford for when the inevitable injury happens - and we know it will unfortunately. 

I don’t expect it but I hope for his sake it improves slightly moreso. That, making solid plays, before more defensively sound or doing things like better positioned takes the focus off his foot speed. 

That ought to help his cause. Right now Rathbone is winning the battle to be a regular. 

• Cheers 1