The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nils Åman | #88 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Åman is young and talented. he was a great shutdown player in the swedish national team and should be that for nucks also.....hes good at it and a really strong skater. loads of potential for someone like him on our team id say. Åman and joshua has been bright spots this season. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Mrwipeout said:

Åman is young and talented. he was a great shutdown player in the swedish national team and should be that for nucks also.....hes good at it and a really strong skater. loads of potential for someone like him on our team id say. Åman and joshua has been bright spots this season. 

I thought Aman had a great rookie season. A little time in Abby didn't hurt. He has good size and speed. IMHO his summer training will be an example of what Tocchet wants from his players. If Aman's board work improves he can compete for 3C at some point. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Im really looking forward to seeing Nils Aman at training camp.

At such a young age, already has a lot of structure and good habits in his game. Defensively has a lot of details nailed down, just needs to at more strength to his frame. I think he has more offense to give, he showcased a lot of smart playmaking ability.

I wanna see him take a step this year and seize a third line C role. I think he has the ability to be a difference maker down the middle. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

At such a young age, already has a lot of structure and good habits in his game. Defensively has a lot of details nailed down, just needs to at more strength to his frame. I think he has more offense to give, he showcased a lot of smart playmaking ability.

I wanna see him take a step this year and seize a third line C role. I think he has the ability to be a difference maker down the middle. 

Just waiting now for the analytics post(s) to cut your take to shreds.

1 hour ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Really needs to work on his face-offs. He makes Pettersson look like Horvat.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/31/2023 at 1:01 PM, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

If he can (or Joshua, Räty, Sasson) can that step, it would be huge for the team to fill that role internally.

It has to be motivating to them that it’s there for the taking. Can’t remember the last 3C we developed internally…

On 8/9/2023 at 1:03 PM, Ted Lasso said:

If he can (or Joshua, Räty, Sasson) can that step, it would be huge for the team to fill that role internally.

It has to be motivating to them that it’s there for the taking. Can’t remember the last 3C we developed internally…

Well, we have Blueger and Suter in the meantime.

• Cheers 1

On 8/9/2023 at 1:03 PM, Ted Lasso said:

Until injuries or illness got him, Hodgson was a number 2 center for a while, but number 3 for us. Before that, I would say probably Kesler.