The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2022 Training Camp Thread

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

31 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Podz should replace Haggy on PP2, imo. He’s great down low, can pass, shoot and has the wheels to get back if needed. 

Not knocking Haggy either, he can do much of that too, but the size difference ought to be the tie-breaker in favour of Podz, because his bigger body may win more puck battles along the boards down low. 

Just my opinion. 

I was thinking more of bumping Pearson off the powerplay, but that works too. But really, we know unit 2 will only be getting 0:30/game with the look of our #1 unit.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chickenspear said:

I was thinking more of bumping Pearson off the powerplay, but that works too. But really, we know unit 2 will only be getting 0:30/game with the look of our #1 unit.

That’s another solid option, in replacing Pearson for Podz and keeping Haggy on PP2. 

You’re right as well about PP2 getting less than a minute too. 

However, I believe it’s better to have Podz on the 2nd PP. It’s about loading up for scoring opportunities, and I don’t think that either Pearson nor Haggy ought to be slotted in over Podz. 

Actually, I think your thoughts about having Podz over Pearson and keeping Haggy might be the best PP2 group. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jaimito said:

Ferraro thinks nux are a playoff team. Of course, he is an insider.  

Really good podcast. Pretty much sums up what I've been saying. This is a playoff team if a bunch of questions get answered positively. In addition, the question around whether this team can play with better defensive structure is huge, especially with our weak d-core. LA, and Minnesota, present the biggest challenges with Vegas (goaltending) having even more questions than the 3 of us. There is also Nashville, who is very tough to read. Saros is a question mark for 82 games but I think they'll be quite good. As they mentioned good goalies and backups are getting hard to find in this league.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Brock is looking and sounding as positive as I've ever seen him. I think between Covid restrictions and his dad's health the last couple of years, he was really weighed down mentally and is going to have a great season. I'm calling 30 goals and 30 assists.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

But on the other hand good for Hoglander.

He did everything asked of him in training camp and preseason and deserves to be rewarded. He wanted it more than any guy on the bubble.

Absolutely. The hot takes about AHL-bound Hogz seemed to have evaporated pretty quickly during Training Camp/Pre-season. Don’t want to be that “I told you so guy” but….yeah. :lol: This kid is a bulldog. Only 21 too. Seems like he’s been around forever but he’s barely got started.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

For a long time I've wanted to see...

- More toughness/character inserted

- More speed throughout lineup

- A movement towards meaningfully integrating youth..creating a team that 'grows' together

- The books conclusively sorted out, in sustainable fashion

So far this new mgmt group appears to be hitting on all marks

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

I predict TOR will miss the playoffs. OTT gets in. 

This is fun.

I told my friends like 3-4 years ago Ottawa would win a round before Toronto did. Nothing would make me happier than an epic 7 game battle of Ontario (with the predictable outcome of course).

• Cheers 1

48 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

Ferraro (and to a lesser degree Dreger) are the only reason I’ll listen to that. The arrogance of Suckhairass is just too much to make that pod a regular listen for me.

Any chance Suckhairass and Hairy Buttman are together? Sounds like a perfect match.