The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Brock Boeser out 3-4 weeks

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

6 hours ago, Shayster007 said:

Brock has missed 11 games in the last 2 years. I think far too much is being made out of his injuries.

It's more about how he keeps getting hurt to start the season. It's something like 3 out of the last 4 preseasons he's gotten hurt. I don't personally blame him because they're all freak injuries. It just sucks for him and our team that we still likely won't see him break out this year, which we've all been waiting patiently for. Unfortunately, this likely isn't the year he'll hit 30 goals. 

1 minute ago, Jester13 said:

It's more about how he keeps getting hurt to start the season. It's something like 3 out of the last 4 preseasons he's gotten hurt. I don't personally blame him because they're all freak injuries. It just sucks for him and our team that we still likely won't see him break out this year, which we've all been waiting patiently for. Unfortunately, this likely isn't the year he'll hit 30 goals. 

That's fair, he has been really unlucky with a couple injuries. I don't agree with the second part though, even with him missing the first few games I still think he has a monster season this year. Guy sounded motivated as heck last week in an interview. I'd take the over on 30 this year.

• Cheers 4

This just sucks because starting the season with the team is really important.. how many times have we seen players not start the season with the team and when they return not perform to their potential?  Too many times... I honestly hate that this always happens to Brock and again there's an excuse for him to not perform up to his potential..  Nothing against him but sadly this injury and timing of it doesn't surprise me.  Hope he makes sure he is ready before forcing himself into the line up.

3 hours ago, Shayster007 said:

That's fair, he has been really unlucky with a couple injuries. I don't agree with the second part though, even with him missing the first few games I still think he has a monster season this year. Guy sounded motivated as heck last week in an interview. I'd take the over on 30 this year.

He'll get to play 70 games max, but I hope you're right. The video of all his shifts in camp looked fairly disengaged, but that could just be due to taking it easy as a veteran'ish guy. It's certainly in him to still score 30, but it is another setback that will force even more adversity, something he's good at, but also still challenging. I'll take the under :P

• Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

He'll get to play 70 games max, but I hope you're right. The video of all his shifts in camp looked fairly disengaged, but that could just be due to taking it easy as a veteran'ish guy. It's certainly in him to still score 30, but it is another setback that will force even more adversity, something he's good at, but also still challenging. I'll take the under :P

70 max?! Have some faith in our medical staff brother! Beers on you when he pots 30+ this year B)

• Cheers 1

23 hours ago, Shayster007 said:

Brock has missed 11 games in the last 2 years. I think far too much is being made out of his injuries.

“And this is painfully familiar with Boeser, who has sustained September or October injuries in five of his six autumns in the NHL. The only season he wasn’t hurt early on was the 56-game pandemic season two years ago, when training camp was in January, and Boeser finished with 23 goals and 49 points.”

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

On 9/27/2022 at 7:26 PM, Jester13 said:

Is it possible he came to work injured?

I saw guys do this come with broken bone and claim wcb stating falling on ice in parking lot etc

Maybe some good news.   On the Donnie & Dhali show, I thought I heard them mention that he was already able to skate with the team on Wednesday - at least to keep his cardio up, so maybe once his girlfriend's back in town and he can rest his hand he'll get better quicker than expected!    

• Haha 2

I just hope this doesn't affect his shot at all, especially after he's been working on it and a new technique. 

Still positive for 25-30 goals for him, or at least a 30 goal pace (which he's scored at in the past).

For me, his season will be defined as how much vigor he plays with and intensity. Last year he was a real floater and still produced for us but we have to see the Brock of 2 years ago (arguably our best forward that year). I will judge him based on his last 20 games and (hopefully) the playoffs where I think he could really explode. He's played with his size before in the playoff bubble, let's see more of that because he was hitting and playing with great intensity then.

5 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

I just hope this doesn't affect his shot at all, especially after he's been working on it and a new technique. 

Still positive for 25-30 goals for him, or at least a 30 goal pace (which he's scored at in the past).

For me, his season will be defined as how much vigor he plays with and intensity. Last year he was a real floater and still produced for us but we have to see the Brock of 2 years ago (arguably our best forward that year). I will judge him based on his last 20 games and (hopefully) the playoffs where I think he could really explode. He's played with his size before in the playoff bubble, let's see more of that because he was hitting and playing with great intensity then.

I am curious as to why you would say 20 games ?

He is being paid for 4x+ as many games as that

I think he will put a strong effort in this year to reach 30 (16 on pp)

But putting aside BB here- goals isn't the only way to look at a player's importance (most of us have played team sports)

It can be frustrating on players if a teammate is cherry picking and sacrificing other responsibilities or not passing to you when you have the better chance of scoring

A 30 goal score like Linden  who gave effort and had his teammates backs is the ultimate 30 goal scorer

• Cheers 1
  • There it is 1

3 weeks from his diagnososi gets him back on the 17th for the Caps game, missing just two games.

My bet is that he starts on the 22nd after the road trip, which would have him out for the first 5.

Not too big a deal.  Sound like Mikheyev won't be out too long either.

1 hour ago, ba;;isticsports said:

I am curious as to why you would say 20 games ?

He is being paid for 4x+ as many games as that

I think he will put a strong effort in this year to reach 30 (16 on pp)

But putting aside BB here- goals isn't the only way to look at a player's importance (most of us have played team sports)

It can be frustrating on players if a teammate is cherry picking and sacrificing other responsibilities or not passing to you when you have the better chance of scoring

A 30 goal score like Linden  who gave effort and had his teammates backs is the ultimate 30 goal scorer

Funny because while reading this thread, my mind did wander to Linden.   People have (had) high expectations of Brock and rightly so.   He did come in as a 20 year old, not 18 - and Linden scored at or over a 30 goal pace the first 7-8 seasons of his career (when he lived to center his stats took a big bit).    My patience is running a bit thin on Brock and ive defended him tons.   He's 25.  What did Linden accomplish in comparison at that age, or Bure/Mogilny.   A lot more.   Afraid what you see is what you get at this point.    Not a bad thing he's a decent player.   Maybe he gets one or two 30 goal seasons under his belt ... but exploding for 40-50 seems unlikely at this point.   Guy can't catch a break.   

Now we have to hope EP or QHs or maybe both show some Linden/Bure action.   

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, BCNate said:

3 weeks from his diagnososi gets him back on the 17th for the Caps game, missing just two games.

My bet is that he starts on the 22nd after the road trip, which would have him out for the first 5.

Not too big a deal.  Sound like Mikheyev won't be out too long either.

I'd bet it'll be closer to 4 than 3.  Here's hoping it's not though 

4 hours ago, BCNate said:

I agree.  Still only means he misses 5 games.  This gives Hoglander a shot to step up, which is not the worst case.

Yeah, might let us avoid the waiver wire to begin the season if we wanna keep Hoggy up.  

Anybody know if Joshua or DiGiuseppe would have to make it through waivers if we send them down?  I would imagine so... 

On 9/29/2022 at 4:31 PM, VancouverHabitant said:

Yeah, might let us avoid the waiver wire to begin the season if we wanna keep Hoggy up.  

Anybody know if Joshua or DiGiuseppe would have to make it through waivers if we send them down?  I would imagine so... 

haven’t looked up Joshua but DiGiueseppe definitely does.