The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks fire Rachel Doerrie

Rate this topic

CRAZY_4_NAZZY

23 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

The only fact I know is she made up a narrative about Luke Hughes character a couple years ago.

How do you KNOW it is made up?

Do you personally know  Luke Hughes, or do you just believe what some people have said, over what Rachel is alleged to have said?

11 minutes ago, gurn said:

Do you personally know  Luke Hughes, or do you just believe what some people have said, over what Rachel is alleged to have said?

Fair question, but if you look at her history / judgement / criticism of others, I would probably take sides with the players / others, not her. There’s been a lot of judgement / criticism throw around by her and from what I’ve seen, it’s been really unfair / wrong. But, I could be wrong. 

Edited by IRR
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Mustard Tiger said:

The only fact I know is she made up a narrative about Luke Hughes character a couple years ago. Meanwhile Quinn is probably the biggest piece to our franchise lol.. on that alone I probably just walk away lol

If a #2 one dimensional dman is the biggest piece of our franchise we are dedddd.

• -DLC- locked this topic
  • -DLC- unlocked this topic
5 hours ago, gurn said:

This is a well known fact lol, Nothing is alleged. She had a podcast, She had Luke Hughes #1 on her do not draft list and claimed something about character issues with no proof to back it up. Google it. NJ fans will tell you all about it. 

Idk why and idc why She got fired, But this is one of the small facts that are associated to her 

Edited by Mustard Tiger

4 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

This is a well known fact lol, Nothing is alleged. She had a podcast, She had Luke Hughes #1 on her do not draft list and claimed something about character issues with no proof to back it up. Google it. NJ fans will tell you all about it. 

Idk why and idc why She got fired, But this is one of the small facts that are associated to her 

I get the fact she said 'bad' things about Hughes, but I don't get how you "know' it is made up. You may have read other people saying Hughes in good/great and take that as true, but that would be a belief.

Sorry if I'm being pedantic, but I'm feeling a bit under the weather, which makes me ornery. :(

I really don't care that a junior management employee got let go other than:

Whoever did the hiring, needs to re think some of their hiring practices, as this was a very short term hire. Looks like a mess up, don't want to see it's like again.

And I was not impressed that some posters take her firing as 'proof' that diversity hiring doesn't work.

6 minutes ago, gurn said:

I get the fact she said 'bad' things about Hughes, but I don't get how you "know' it is made up. You may have read other people saying Hughes in good/great and take that as true, but that would be a belief.

Sorry if I'm being pedantic, but I'm feeling a bit under the weather, which makes me ornery. :(

I really don't care that a junior management employee got let go other than:

Whoever did the hiring, needs to re think some of their hiring practices, as this was a very short term hire. Looks like a mess up, don't want to see it's like again.

And I was not impressed that some posters take her firing as 'proof' that diversity hiring doesn't work.

Nobody else confirmed it and no evidence has ever popped up either lol. As for the last sentence... Gosh is that what's really being said in this thread?? I didn't read any thing in here and now I'll probably see myself out :unsure:

• Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

One of Rachel Doerrie's legendary quotes:

“Either way you slice it, Steve Yzerman and Joe Sakic are playing 5-D chess, and Jim Benning is gluing macaroni pieces to construction paper,” Doerrie said.

Regardless what you think about her she nailed it.

That is a funny qoute but Benning would have used magic markers so he could erase his mistakes

• Like 2

Thomas Drance on Donnie's and Dhali " Jim Rutherford specifically and personally spent time making sure they landed this person (Rachel) for the front office."

Rachel's departure is a blow for Jim Rutherford. How is it possible that one of the most experienced GM's in this league hired the wrong person in Rachel Doerrie?

Joe Sakic got handed an absolute gold mine of young talent in 2014. Then three years later had one of the worst seasons in modern NHL history (48 points) and hung around long enough to put together the pieces. Don't get me wrong, he made some great moves and ultimately won a cup, but when you consider his initial factor endowments it's not quite as impressive.

Edited by BlastPast
  • Like 1