The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Pre-Season [GDT/PGT] Seattle Kraken @ Vancouver Canucks/ Thursday, Sept. 29/22 / 6:30pm KONG, NHLN,SN1, SNP, 650AM at Rogers Arena

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

2 minutes ago, CanuckRookieFan said:

3 losses in a row..umm, there is no sugar coating this fact.. we need to re evaluate how we are approaching each game.

Pre-season is literally practice..

Allen Iverson practice.

If we have horvats line playing and demko Plays the whole game we crush them.

But we didn't, cause we talking about practice!

• Cheers 2

Just now, KelownaCanucksFan said:

We cannot afford to make the same mistakes green made last year, need the full roster playing the last 4-5 preseason games, get some momentum heading into the preseason. Cut everyone tomorrow who is not on the bubble and start working on chemistry 

I was just going to type same thing. Other than a couple spots coaches must know who will be in the starting lineup. Put the starting team together asap and get rolling. Team is not good enough just to show up late in preseason. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Darius said:

I was just going to type same thing. Other than a couple spots coaches must know who will be in the starting lineup. Put the starting team together asap and get rolling. Team is not good enough just to show up late in preseason. 

1 minute ago, Darius said:

The issue wasn't bubble guys, the issue was vets half assing it

Just now, KelownaCanucksFan said:

He’s injured again and can’t play for awhile

He’ll be back soon enough and be fine and contribute as always. 

When hasn’t he? 

At the end of the day, those are 4 solid players out, while giving other players a chance in PRESEASON. 

No real reason to be this down this early. 

No points were gained or lost. 

• Cheers 1

Hughes and Kuzmenko had a really good game. Kuzmenko looked dangerous every time he had the puck.

I'd like to see Rathbone and Karlsson at least one more time. The rest of the AHL'ers should be cut and get down to shaping the final lines. I hated that we started last year without knowing the lines when Green juggled the AHL guys too long. Let's not do that again.

1 minute ago, Sharpshooter said:

When hasn’t he? 

At the end of the day, those are 4 solid players out, while giving other players a chance in PRESEASON. 

Of course not, but we are seeing the same lazy, nonchalant attitude from some of the vets that plagued them early last season.

Bad habits are hard to kick

• Upvote 1

Karlsson wasn't bad. Had a few good forechecking shifts where he kept a play alive with Hughes/Petey on the ice. Took better shots than I saw Hoglander take. 

He'll need a year of seasoning though. If Boeser/Mikheyev were healthy I'd probably send Hoglander down too for a little bit. 

Just now, Sharpshooter said:

When hasn’t he? 

Until he’s injured again, the guy can’t stay healthy, hasn’t played a full season yet

and how many solid players were on the other side? That was basically an ahl team over there that just beat the Canucks missing only 4 off their full roster

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

The issue wasn't bubble guys, the issue was vets half assing it

The ahl bubble guys will always put in an effort. I think even with all the vets in the lineup they are still a bubble team and they can’t afford to muck around with line combos and half a roster that won’t be in the lineup. Make the cuts and Get them going now. 

and before anyone gets upset over the bubble team comment.. look at that blue line past the first  pair.   Team needs all the momentum they can get… starting now. 

• Upvote 1