The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] October 1, 2022 Preseason: Canucks @ Kraken 6:30pm PT at Climate Pledge Arena SN1, SNP, ROOT-NW, SN650AM

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

I’m reflecting on this Canucks game at the bar.  The bar is a great place to be, drinking champagne and watching people sing karaoke.  That’s great.  I would never sing karaoke.  Oh god no! No karaoke for me! But it is fun to sit back and drink champagne and watch others sing karaoke!  

Reflecting on the Canucks game.  Hmmm ummm

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

1 hour ago, canuck73_3 said:

Still not looking NHL ready though. 

We just don't have the talent pool in D to pick and choose now... Skill wise, Boner is only behind Hughes, OEL and Myers... You really don't wanna round out last 3 starting D-men with likes of Poolman and DeKeyser.

43 minutes ago, Devron said:

I actually do not mind it at all right now haha. If there’s time to enjoy a loss it’s right now. Just a slow build up. Should start to see the wins start pilling up in a couple weeks 

Listening to Canucks Central and they made a good point. Although it's preseason this team hasn't earned the benefit of the doubt to think they can turn it on in the regular season or "flip the switch".

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

Listening to Canucks Central and they made a good point. Although it's preseason this team hasn't earned the benefit of the doubt to think they can turn it on in the regular season or "flip the switch".

It was a bit of a joke but I’m not concerned yet. I actually prefer the losing right now. I want them to want it when the puck drops in the regular season. I guarantee that if we swept the preseason we’d struggle out of the gate. Murphy’s law

• Cheers 4

1 hour ago, kanucks25 said:

Because you have a lot of bad GM's in the league trying to save their jobs. Benning was no different, it was a hail mary because he knew he didn't have many bullets left in the chamber. 

But someone else doing something stupid is not justification for you to also do something stupid.

It's the same argument we had when Myers was signed. "Well if we didn't give him 6M then someone else would have so it's a good contract!"

We have to be smarter than this lol

I remember hearing from the media is that Benning was basically negotiating against himself with that signing :lol:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Devron said:

It was a bit of a joke but I’m not concerned yet. I actually prefer the losing right now. I want them to want it when the puck drops in the regular season. I guarantee that if we swept the preseason we’d struggle out of the gate. Murphy’s law

My memory is foggy but if I recall the Canucks were pretty good in the 2019 - 2020 preseason 

• Vintage 2

I guess in all fairness Seattle iced a team tonight that is pretty close to the best regular season roster they can manage. That being said, the last preseason game the Canucks play should be pretty close to what they’re going with opening night  so that roster gets at least one practice game. Travis Green was indecisive last year in training camp, and it led to the bad start that got him canned.

• Vintage 2

0-4 in the preseason

Fans want Aquilini to sell the team

Our captain hasn't signed an extension yet and might get traded

Hughes can't play the right side so Poolman will be in the starting lineup

Boeser already injured after only 3rd day in camp

Mikheyev already injured (played only 53 games last year)

Boudreau already throwing F bombs during the intermissions

Can't wait for the season to start, it should be a beauty!!!   :)

• Haha 2
  • There it is 2

9 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

0-4 in the preseason

Fans want Aquilini to sell the team

Our captain hasn't signed an extension yet and might get traded

Hughes can't play the right side so Poolman will be in the starting lineup

Boeser already injured after only 3rd day in camp

Mikheyev already injured (played only 53 games last year)

Boudreau already throwing F bombs during the intermissions

Can't wait for the season to start, it should be a beauty!!!   :)

Just getting the bad stuff out of the way this year ::D

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

The team in general needs to give their balls a tug here. The way they have started this preseason seems like they expect good things to happen for them but aren't willing to work to get them.

Veterans, rookies, NHL fringe players, journeymens, superstars, and etc, put your best foot forward starting day 1. I don't buy that stupid bullcrap of veterans and the experienced players play less hard and turn it on when it counts. You can't simply switch competitiveness, winning culture, and desire like a light switch. its built through good habits in all aspects. I hate that mentality that they start to care when it counts, I'm sick of that mentality. Start playing hard from day 1, this team hasn't won or accomplished anything, they all need to prove something here.

Start hauling ass now. Losing preseason games don't count, but building that mentality of expecting more and better even in small games like these do matter. 

Well said. I feel your frustration. It's very true. They haven't earned the right to decide when they play hard. 

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Cheers 1