The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Pre-season [GDT/PGT] Canucks vs Coyotes l Friday, October 7/22 l 7:00 pm l Rogers Arena

Rate this topic

-DLC-

Kuz is probably going to be a PP merchant but watch out he may score a good 30 goals at this rate. 30g 60p isn't out of reach which is crazy for a 1M player.

That's how you have success - get the most out of players with good caps.

I just hope he re-signs with us and doesn't chase money.

16 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Kuz is probably going to be a PP merchant but watch out he may score a good 30 goals at this rate. 30g 60p isn't out of reach which is crazy for a 1M player.

Pretty sure he was so selective about coming here because he wants to stay here when he is successful. Beautiful city, passionate fans and a prime opportunity to play with a super star in petey. Also a bestfriend was. Abig part of it too with ilya. 

Have a good feeling about him and have really liked what I’ve seen so far

• Like 2

2 hours ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

How did Hoglander play tonight? Any one notice?

Hoglander played well but was in tough against that AHL Roughneck Team Ari iced.

He is still a force and I believe he will be sent to Abby because we can; not quite so much because he needs it, but it might help him too.

I always have to remember, he was a 2nd round pick, after Podz and Petey was 1st round too of course, so we need to be patient with Hoagie.

He's done very well but it is not easy to get a full time NHL gig without paying your dues unless you're an outright stud.

We have to ice an NHL squad and Nils and Rathbone may have to go down to save cap and increase mngt's flexibility etc.

• Cheers 2

43 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

He will....

47 minutes ago, spook007 said:

He will....

Apparently more than 20 teams pursued him and one of his major caveats in his decision was best fit long-term on and off the ice.

I'm betting both sides entered into this with the future in mind with several scenarios based on the outcome of this season. Kuzmenko seems like a genuine good guy, who chose Vancouver beyond just this season, combined with the fact JR and Alvin have pursued him since he was 19 and a rising cap, I doubt money will be a sticking point if all the other boxes are ticked.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

I think the beauty of BC sold him.  The Canucks will have every opportunity to extend him all year long.  And Allvin and Kuzmenko’s agent have a good relationship.  He’s gonna cost a good chunk of money tho.  The Canucks will have Ferland off the books by next year I think, that will free up more money.  And if Bo is serious about winning he’s going to need to take a discount and let Allvin assemble a contender.  Because with Kuzmenko’s obvious star talent (I know it’s only preseason) and he has a ton of talent, I see the Canucks being a contender.   What if he’s the second coming of Kucherov?  We don’t know.  

kinda feel like Boeser is the odd man out on the PP though, Kuzmenko is just too good behind the net.  

• Like 1

People are like “this is the same core that hasn’t done anything since 2020”. 

well in 2020 we didn’t have:

• Hoglander
  • Podkolzin
  • Mikheyev
  • Garland
  • Kuzmenko
  • OEL
  • Lazar
  • Joshua

We’ve added a lot to our group. More speed, talent, grit and toughness.  Sure we miss Tanev and Stecher but you can’t compare the rosters.  We have Rouselle on the 2nd line, we had no depth.  And another thing.  People are projecting Kuzmenko way too low, like 35 - 40 points.  If he’s playing with Petey all season and Petey’s projected to get 90 points, I’m telling you he’s getting way more than 40 points.  More like 60-70, and that’s being modest.  

3 hours ago, cripplereh said:

I'd sign Kuz first chance we get to a 5 year deal at 5.5 mill if that will get him.Then trade BB as looks like he isn't t needed.

Been saying this all along. Bb isnt needed.  There are 4 or 5 clear cut better wingers on this club, maybe more.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1