The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Edmonton Oilers | Oct. 12, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Holy crap that's a young line-up with some unproven guys. I don't even recognize a couple names. Should be a very interesting up tempo game.

I wonder why the great Zac MacEwen isn't in the line-up. :sick: Oh yeah, he absolutely blows at hockey. ::D 

1 hour ago, stawns said:

Terrible would be adding an extra 30 mins to games that are already too long.

Every time the Canucks play we'll have to re-write the rules depending on the outcome. :lol:

Would that have even helped in this situation? Would they have seen the flag at center ice and stopped the play before the goal, or would they have to go back, watch the video, make the penalty call, and then erase the last 30 seconds of the game and start again? How far back could you challenge, 2 minutes, a whole period?

We could make integrity of play calling the upmost of priorities but it would change the game dramatically.

57 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Holy crap that's a young line-up with some unproven guys. I don't even recognize a couple names. Should be a very interesting up tempo game.

I wonder why the great Zac MacEwen isn't in the line-up. :sick: Oh yeah, he absolutely blows at hockey. ::D 

I dunno according to some on here him sitting on the bench would have totally made Nurse think twice about his cheap shot last game. :lol:

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

I dunno according to some on here him sitting on the bench would have totally made Nurse think twice about his cheap shot last game. :lol:

Yep we should have jumped the bench. Bertuzzi Ko’d. Burroughs Is tough. So if he wanted to let the boys go on the PP whatever. Ridiculous stuff 

I wonder how the lines will shake out once Mikheyev is back healthy and officially bumps Hog off that line. Honestly, after the first game, the only one of the bubble players at forward that look like they should come out is Joshua.

If the options are either scratch Höglander or put him on the 4th line and take one of them out, based on the first game, Hog had a really good game, he had absolutely no finish but he was hard on the forecheck, disruptive and made a few good reads in the dzone, he wasn't perfect but doesn't deserve to sit. As for the 4th line, Åman and Lazar both looked like they could provide quality minutes in that role. Åman, in just over 5 minutes against McDavid at 5 - on - 5, managed to keep the Oilers from getting a single shot, Canucks didn't get any shots in that situation either but that's pretty much exactly what you want out a 4th line.

Joshua just didn't show well last game and the lack of response from any of the players on the ice when Nurse hit Burroughs (except Garland), followed by no response from Joshua specifically  for the rest of the game isn't acceptable for what he's supposed to bring.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, tas said:

if we could refrain from embedding the chinese government spyware directly into posts that would probably be ideal. 

Guess what, if you’re worried about China having information on you, our governments have that exact info as well and it’s not through an app. China wouldn’t be my concern :lol:

Fear mongering.

• Vintage 1

31 minutes ago, DS4quality said:

We need a thread dedicated to off day practices and relevant day to day things. For inbetween game days. I'm not sure if I'm still angry about Edmonton, or if I should be pumped about the game in Philly?

from what I've read here, you should be pumped - tomorrow starts a 97 game winning streak

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Take the bad ones out of the rotation 

Grade them somehow 

It's like tenure at uni

Just dumb

Coaches are the best to ask probably 

They already have the cream of the crop working in the NHL.........where are you going to find better replacements?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Petey Castiglione said:

Gotta feel for Philly.  They haven't been he same since Richards/Carter and wasted a lot of prime Grioux years while also missing on Nolan Patrick and Ellis with a career ending injury.  Is Hart still an up and coming goalie for them or has he since fizzled out?  Hopefully this means the boys can pull out the frist W of the season tomorrow.

No fan base has suffered like us. I don't feel sorry for any of em.

No mercy let's crush em