-Vintage Canuck-

4 minutes ago, billabong said:

few points: 

Horvat has looked disinterested or distracted 

4th line has looked good 

stillman looks solid 

miller might be the most dangerous passer in the league…in a bad way 

boeser has looked SLOW but not surprised he missed all of preseason 

Boeser is slow regardless if he misses preseason or not.

1 hour ago, You Mad Bro? said:

Yes it’s only two game, but same old song and dance for years now. Trade Bo Horvat for a RD. Serious shake up and leadership change. 

Don’t worry it’s preseason they said. They like the defense just like JR and Miller.

We merely just watch the games and have no idea what this team needs and has needed for a long time. But let’s roll it back because our D is fine and the goalie will stand on his head every game. 

In all seriousness, since the bubble our right side has been pure $€!+. Losing Tanev and Stetcher and not drafting high skilled RSD has been our problem for years. Why didn’t we draft one this past summer? It’s a glaring hole that we refuse to address. All for the glory to “just make the playoffs” because our owners orders commands this franchise to do so.

It’s early season days, but for all the management changes and big talk this off season about how important it is to have a good start, I’m not sure how people can’t be disappointed by this clubs so far slow start. Onto Washington. 

8 minutes ago, billabong said:

few points: 

Horvat has looked disinterested or distracted 

4th line has looked good 

stillman looks solid 

miller might be the most dangerous passer in the league…in a bad way 

boeser has looked SLOW but not surprised he missed all of preseason 

Horvats just not that great..shows up 40 games a season maybe..picks up his 50 pts ..fans are happy tho and call him such a great captain...ffs..

Edited by Rackdawg

28 minutes ago, NHL97OneTimer said:

My summary is a little simpler but I can't disagree with your points above.  However:

- team stopped skating

- team showed no heart, no hunger

- passing sucks because of my first point (passing options are poor)

- PP is missing a coach

- They need 2 solid PP groups.....at least have a proper center for PP2

Burroughs is earning himself a job for sure.

While I like Kuzmenko, I'm not seeing much in the way of speed with him neither.  Hope that changes.

These guys needs a few days of bag skates with parachutes on.  It's starting to look like a country club team already.

agree completely 

Horvat / Hughes / Pearson specifically all had a few passes that made my head hurt that were just terrible passes they tried to force. And resulted in turnovers.

Kuzmenko isn’t a burner but I feel like in the offensive zone he is quick on his edges and gets around fine.

Kyle Burroughs was a stud tonight in every way. Almost all our high danger scoring chances 5 on 5 he was on the ice for. He took some great shots, scored a goal; stood up to a top 2 goon / league heavyweight, ate tough match up minutes and almost cracked 20 minutes. 

kyle Burroughs showd more heart today then I feel from Horvat on a regular basis.

and it’s upsetting to me that Horvat and Miller are our worst forwards right now when they are supposed to be our biggest team leaders. 

I thought the narrative for our team was our defence isn’t good enough and our PK personnel is the biggest issue. When really it’s just our teams leaders aren’t playing their best.

Ya maybe a bag skate would get them going but on a Road trip that’s tough too

3 minutes ago, turtle beef said:

the only decent players that stood out in this game was Hoglander and Lazar and maybe Burroughs. Bo, Miller, Petey and Boeser where all completely invisible in this one. Hughes has been average at best so far.

Miller wasn't invisible, he was actively terrible 

• Haha 1

Is there some connection to the preseasons NOT playing more of the players that have the better chance of making the team , like get the team that’s going to play the reg season together EARLIER  instead of a hodgepodge blend of bubble players  if the amateur team they sent to edm to match up against their regular roster  wasn’t a hint of bad time management  certainly they should have better indication of who’s going to make it , rather than putting the actual team together at the last minute against real opposition ??????   Does any one recall the “oh it’s only preseason” I questioned the weak preseason player choices right from the get go.  The final roster should have been playing together for the last half of preseason. 

Edited by chon derry
  • Cheers 2

40 minutes ago, vancan2233 said:

He can not fix years of bad habits. Last year put a radar on his back. Teams know to pressure him and he will 8 out 10 times give up the puck with a bad decision. You can see it already teams are giveing him no time, and he can not think the game fast enough to overcome this. 

I disagree. It's early in the year and he has yet to swing into things and get his timing down so I'm not sure that's a fair assessment but we shall see. 

Not the start this team was hoping for, hopefully they can turn things around before the end of the road trip. I would put the lotto line back together, I know have 3 C's in JT EP BH is nice on paper but we won't really know till we can hopefully have a full healthy Forward group when Mikheyev comes back. Not a fan of the current lines but that should be changing by Monday...

Can only go up from here right!?

15 minutes ago, combover said:

Pretty hard to pin anything on one guy 

miller looks like a total waste of 8 mill

horvat been awful boeser looks like he’s playing hurt already

Ep hot and cold and shooting wide 

hughes has been a mess OEL with some sweet  giveaways 

d in generals been laughable.

pp pk are so bad it’s hard not to laugh. 
That drop pass has to be the worst in the league 

it’s Long list, pretty much every player needs to look in the mirror after these two performances. 
i get it thou some just  don’t like Bo or boeser  so they only key on them make everything there fault.  
hey Wasnt that a Sweet tip pass from miller to Konecny for the GWG. 

I agree on everything except the playing hurt excuses.....and the WHOLE TEAM is at fault, but I think that's the rub with this gang, it's a group of individuals more than it is a team. It's part of the ongoing "culture problem".

- Hughes is overrated on these boards. There, I said it. What I didn't say though (so relax peeps), was that he's not elite, because he is....but he's not a game breaking, balls to the wall coast-to-coast goal scoring kind of elite, in spite of his exemplary skating; And his shot isn't elite....but when a 6/7 D outplays him, it's more than problematic.

- Bo is playing like piss, and if it's not due to his contract sitch and him pouting, then either way it's not good enough. No pass for him.

- BB6, this is what you're going to get. Non play driving, elusive play. He'll have a bunch of 2 point games when it doesn't matter, but he's too 1 dimensional, too nice, and his tresses are better than his skating.

- EP40 was a no show too.

- Attempting pretty, Harlem Globetrotter style plays, continually to no avail, just like in recent history.

- I commented earlier inre the drop pass....it's putrid.

And so on....

• Cheers 1